Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Couples

Hi everybody!

Since my last dream I haven't had an dreams that I could recall properly, and then out of the blue I had this one. I would love any ideas on this dream, it's a bit complex.

Thanks, May

I am driving a car. I'm calling an former male colleague on my old outdated Nokia mobile. He meets my dad and my dad tells him that I had a car, because that's what my colleague is asking my dad about, but my dad describes my first car to him which is old rather than my new one so my colleague gets the wrong idea and thinks I lied to him. Then he turns into a little boy sitting in my dads lap while my dad is reading him a story and he kisses my dad affectionately.

Then I'm at a clinic assisting a psychologist. A woman walks in and she is being mistreated by her husband. She starts to tell her story and breaks down in the middle of it and leaves suddenly. Her father comes in after her and tries to tell the story of his daughter and her husband then reaches a point where he can't go on and suddenly stops and leaves. The scene repeats. This time after the second scene the psychologist says the woman's father abused her and that's why he can't keep talking. He's not ready to face it. The woman is married to a man like her father.

I start talking about how I have a friend whose husband reminds me of that patient's father.

A tall thin young man in a red tee shirt suddenly appears and beckons us. He interupts me and leads us into a restaurant into a mall.

Suddenly my husband is driving now and he turns to stare at a woman in the passenger seat in the car next to him. He just stares and stares at her out of attraction for far too long. minutes and minutes. We all notice and he doesn't care abut my feelings, is ignoring me in fact. I am really really angry.

Now we are walking through a mall. My husband is holding tons of shopping bags and we pass a women's clothing store for plus sizes but he doesnt want me to go in there and I didn't want to anyway. The store is called Diva and we walk past it. I am caressing his chest and other parts of him when I notice his heart is beating really fast, too fast and I'm afraid he is angry at me for something and will lash out and hurt me.

On a talk show there is a couple and the guy is so sweet and affectionate to the girl that we think he is gay.

My brother and I are watching tv and he seems sedated. I check on him once to see if he's ok, try to wake him.

My parent's house has a whole new area, its like an entire house got added on. It looks so different the only way I recognize its their house is because I can see the neighbors house out the window. There is an extra large king size bed and extra entrances. I'm showing it to my colleague butworried about people breaking in. Then I go down into the backyard to help my mom pick up stuff because I think a storm is approaching and we have to get ready.

Wow! That was a lot. Sorry that its so long but I'm really really interested in what this might mean.

Best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Couples

Hi May,
Could the dream be intuitive knowledge about some professional opportunity you would find irresistible on the offing and possible conflicts with husband if you were to choose to pursue that course?

Welcome back!
Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi Kathy!

How do you reckon? I'm interested in knowing how you reached this conclusion.

Thanks for your reply. Its good to be back!

All the best,
May

Hi,

I posted this dream about a month ago. I can't rule out the possibility that it might have something to do with my career, but until now, I have not had any conflict between any career choices and my husband, so I'm still looking for an interpretation.

The dream may be a commentary about my overall relationship with my husband also I'm not sure about that either, so there is probably another less obvious explanation.

I am open to any interpretations and still waiting to see if it will apply to any career decisions.

Thanks everyone,
May

the dream seems to indicate tha you have insecurities, whether they are justified or unjustified only you can know.

You seem to have a paternal influence, or some deep seated urge to allow the past to influence your relations, whether they are professional or personal, today. Somehow viewing you as the person you were, rather than who you are today, makes some part of you comfortable, although you have a conflict about this.
Maybe you have a conflict with men that don't quite meet our old animus criteria.

You may be engaging in a repetitive cycle in your life, as you continue to engage in behavior that has somehow come to become some type of paternal urge propelling you into this cycle.
the cycle could be insecurity with your animus, or demands for undivided attention or it could be both as one could feed the other.

if this is true, your sub is predicting a huge problem coming.

good luck.
sorry if I was no help. maybe if his is wrong, you may want to try free association and talk about how the dream strikes you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Carlos,

Your interpretation is right on.

That I'm struggling with insecurities and that I'm repeating a pattern influenced by parental forces is absolutely true and these two things are also interconnected.

I hope working with this dream can give me the insight to make changes. I think having this dream shows that I'm ready for a big change and also the fact that the house at the end of the dream was bigger is a sign of growth...

Thanks Carlos!
May

stats from 7-14-10 to the present