Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Silent storm/crowd interpretation, please?

I'm hoping for an interpretation, if that's possible.

I'm in my grandmother's dining room next to the stairs to the basement. A group of people are there with me, my mom, dad, best friend (female), and grandfather. For where I am standing I can see out the livingroom window. I cannot see the neighbor's house, only black and this odd electric blue lightning. There is no sound from the storm. The entire dream is dark, but everything is completely visible. We are tyring to desice what to do with the crowd in the basement. They are there seeking protection from the storm. There is also an odd light, like an orb, that flashes every once in a while in different places around the room. Still talking, mom says 'Who can find the flashing light?' It lights up at the base of her neck, illuminating her hair, but she doesn't know/notice. The corwd of people come single-file up the stairs, through the diningroom, to wait at the door in a room to the left. I notice that they are families, and I recognise them, but only in passing, and I cannot recall them now.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15, MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Silent storm/crowd interpretation, please?

Hi Sera,

Sorry to let your post sit so long...

A house is often a symbol of the self, and a basement often represents the unconscious psyche.

The dining room can represent the community of your family, but the community of your family can also represent different aspects of yourself.

Are you and your best friend extraordinarily close btw?

I also think the crowd may represent different aspects of yourself. I would tend to think of the crowd in that way in most situations; the fact that you describe them as families seems to support that idea.

A storm can represent a conflict within yourself, or any kind of release of suppressed emotions or frustration. I think it's a wonderful sign, though, that the storm is silent. But I think you may have to be the one to decide among the several things that may mean! The dark often refers to the unconscious psyche as well.

The light is an interesting symbol. An orb, or sphere, is also often a symbol of self. When the light flashes, what do you feel? That's what we have to focus on with all these symbols. For example, if you feel enlightenment or release when you see the light, then I'll wonder if the spherical light source might actually represent intermittent understanding (or resolution of whatever tensions the storm represents). I think of the light as a temporary resolution of the darkness.

And it's your mother who asks who might find the light, who doesn't know when it shines on her own neck. The neck may represent the relationship between the mental and the physical, or it may represent the fifth chakra, which is the seat of communication and creativity.

So... the light that represents Self (capital letter intentional, and referring to Brahman or ultimate reality in Eastern interpretations of Self) is not apparent to your mom.... And you're kind of in a hall of mirrors here, with all these symbols of self around you.

Could it be that you are trying to find peace, or move beyond, a situation that was never fully resolved within your family, perhaps involving blind spots on your parents' part(s)?

Maybe the single-file egress represents assimilating things one at a time, or in some kind of serial fashion.

I admit I don't feel very secure about this post, which is only a beginning, based on any more feedback you can give.

Best wishes and hope to discuss this some more.

Jim

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48, Nashville, TN, US

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

i think you may feel that past behaviour is causing the turmoil around you. YOu are reassesing yourself and your way of being and trying to make the adjustments you need to be better able to cope with challenges.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Jim-
I would say very close, though it sometimes feels as if we're drifting apart.

As for the sphere, I don't really feel anything at all. I ignore it, as uninportant to the present situation.

It could be trying to find peace/move past a conflict. My parent's don't seem to understand that my choices are not wrong, but differet than their perfect picture.

Carlos-
That's a thought, too. There's been a lot of change lately.

Thank you for all your help.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15, MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

thank you sera.

I think the light may indicate that you may feel your mom is making good rational sense in ways that even she doesn't realize. That is why the light is shining her head face and hair. She may need to speak to you about the physical changes, and the physical urges that occur at this stage in life. That maybe why the light did not shine on her body; maybe that has been neglected in her teachings.
YOur sub is telling you that you need to make some adjustments in your life. It is not surprising since you are 15 and a hell of a lot of change occurs at that age. You are bringing a lot of base urges, behaviours, and viewpoints up to another level. Doing this will help you survive the outside influences that are raging around you: this could be due to social pressures from outside and peer pressure. The storm is silent because these pressures, trying to effect the family learning and way of life, have not made themselves heard in your family life yet.
Maybe you need to talk to your mom and tap into her experience with life?
:)

good luck.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

stats from 7-14-10 to the present