Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The dress

I had this dream last week while sleeping under a huge Oak tree in northern Wales:

There was a big celebration going on, many people were gathered outside on a large rural piece of land. The host of the event, a friend, introduced me to a sculptor who was there. This sculptor asked me my name, I told him, and he said that it was a young name. Immediately he began to sculpt a block of wood that was in front of him at about head height. He was sculpting my likeness as I stood there, and he worked so fast that in a minute the whole intricate carving was completed and polished. He gave the sculpture to me, and when he did so it turned into a dress for me to wear. The dress was the colour of spring green with a large moonlight-coloured collar that came down onto my back, over my shoulders and down my chest. This collar had the sculpture on it in 2-D. It was clear that the dress was to be worn from now on - it was not a ceremonial or special garment to wear only sometimes. The process felt like an initiation into the next phase of my life, which will somehow include the people who are at the celebration.

My host then took me inside one of the huge old buildings that were on the land. This particular building was especially huge and ancient. There was a massive open room with walls about 50 feet high. Up near the ceiling there was a row of wooden relief sculptures that were each about 50 feet long and 20 feet high. He pointed at one of them and I looked more closely to see that the relief was a carved picture of many people, all facing forwards like a class photo. The work had obviously been done a long time ago, many generations ago, so these people had been together before my lifetime. Yet there was the feeling that everyone here was familiar to me, and that I was being reintroduced to them all again. Perhaps I was one of the people in this sculpture too. The incredible skill with which this huge and very detailed sculpture had been crafted, and the fact that it had been carefully housed in this great building for so long, gave it great importance, and also attributed great importance to the people who were depicted in it. There were other similar carved reliefs beside this one, but it was just this one that was pointed out to me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53, Toronto Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: The dress

En,
you really should go back and give some feedback about dreams ou previously posted, interpretations were done, but you never responded as to whether the interp was helpful or not.
Feedback is a requirement on the forum.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present