Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cockroaches.

Okay, I'm in a basement. I don't know who's basement it is. There are cockroaches EVERYWHERE... they're crawling all over me. They are inside and outside my shoes and clothing. I'm absolutely repulsed and panicked. Someone is sitting in a chair. I don't know who it is. I'm telling the person to get them off me, and they're patronizing me and acting like it's no big deal. There is a hole in the wall... in the hole, Adam Sandler is sitting amidst the cockroaches, looking completely unaffected by them. His clothes are red and blue. With a grin in his face, he moves up and down inside the basement wall. I ask the person in the chair "How can he just sit there in them?". I seem to be the only person who's upset by this entire situation. Then, I wake up.

What the hell could this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No.

Re: Cockroaches.

you may be having trouble dealing with some base uges, and it is making you feel really uncomfortable.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Liz,
Who or what would you consider to be 'cockroaches' in your waking life? Something that seems to bother you but no one else? Whereas some people consider cockroaches as annoying pests others {myself included} see them as something that can cause bad health. This probably your view toward this person or thing and not others around you. It is most likely an unconscious attitude developed sometime in your life, something others may feel less concerned about.

The Adam Sandler thing may be how others see the situation, make a joke of it. To you it is serious.
{Although I like Adan Sandler it seems everything he does in his movies is a joke}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Wow, that makes a lot of sense. Both of you... especially Gerard. You guys wouldn't believe how hard it was to find anything on cockroaches in the dictionaries online. And the things I did find never mentioned them crawling on you... just them crawling. Which wasn't really the same thing in my opinion. I've been having a few issues lately that I just haven't dealt with yet. I know it sounds backwards, but I feel like it would be immature of me to succumb to my emotions and make a fuss when I'm supposed to be an adult. That dream was definately weird... it was very disturbing and I couldn't go back to sleep afterward, even though I shouldn't have been getting up yet. I just had to get on the computer and try to look it up. Thank you both for your feedback and I'd love to hear any more ideas you or anyone has on this subject. Take care!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No.

Liz,
Those irritating pests, cockroaches. Many insects can symbolize irritations in life. Because cockroaches can be a health hazard you may want to look at persons or circumstances that are more serious than just being a pest. In the dream you are telling this person to get off you. That may be a lead.

But also consider the person that needs to get off you being yourself. Perhaps you are your own pest, doing tings for others that you may not want to do or should not do. Many possibilities. Look at your waking life and determine what fits best. That is what dreams do, help sort out stresses in life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present