Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oh my Puppies!

Okay, I had a dream last night that has been with me all day and is rather funny, but I think it means something and would like to ask if anyone has any ideas.

I was in the presence of several different aged girls ages from 7 to 12 maybe a group of three - age 7, 9, and 11 maybe? I can't really remember well about that and I can't remember what our surroundings were either, but it was pleasant and light. The whole dream seemed very pleasant to me. Even though it was totally odd.

Surroundings were not important in this dream. While we were having fun and playing, a Pug dog appeared. Now, I love Pugs. He was the cutest Pug dog and I sat down so I could hold him in my lap. All the girls oohed and aahed and petted him. They were excited about the dog, as was I.

Well, one of the little girls' mother, Cathy came on the scene and explained that now I am going to have pups.

I looked down I became aware that I was holding five puppies inside my belly. I was confused, and not knowing whether I should become upset, when..

Cathey explained that this was necessary and okay because it was for another dog which she brought in. This dog she said was the real mother, and that I would just have the pups for her. Oh, I said then that would be okay.

Then mother pug dog changed into a beautiful Afghan. The End.

The emotional state in the dream was one of fun and pleasantness. Upon awaking, I was laughing at its absurdity.

I am thinking those puppies are ideas or something "in the oven" that I have goin on. Anybody ?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51, Naples FL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Oh my Puppies!

Sami,
Your inclinations that the puppies may represent ideas in incubation sounds very logical. The numbers may be significant especially since you gave precise numbers {7, 9 and 11}. Added together they add to 27 which also adds up to 9. These 'ideas' could very well be the feminine aspect under some type of incubation. The number 5 also may be significant. For me that number often represents transitions or changes. I'll comment more on the significance of these numbers later.

The different aged girls could be symbolic of an evolution within yourself, a progression. The Pug {dog} may represent many things but here I would look to intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and/or
fidelity. These are very positive aspects, and all would be within the realms of the feminine.

The pregnancy is where we see the incubation of new ideas, new aspects in your life. You are carrying these puppies for the real mother, which I see as another aspect of you, your true self {mother, the wise feminine}. The change from a Pug to an Afghan may have some personal meaning but the fact that it changed {metamorphic?} into something even more beautiful is what I take from the transition.

As for the numbers. They may be very significant because they associated with the number 9. I have a 'fetish' for anything related to nines and personal experience dictates they can be important in life. In Greek mythology nine is the number for the Goddess. In Jungian psyche it is the most wise feminine. If I am correct about the number 5, transition, you could very well be experiencing a significant change, transition in your inner life. There may also be some type transition awaiting you in your personal life as well.

One more thought. It is evident you are well versed in Jungian psyche {I briefly read your other posts and interpretationsMyths-Dreams-Symbols Dream Forum. Whether you are aware or not this is a place full of Jungian psyche students. Could that have something to do with these new expectant puppies. It may be a Synchronistic event.

By the way. Welcome to our little space on the web. Jung is a way of life here.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Sami,
A couple of additional thoughts. The Pug is an animal you love. This may fit in with the 'Jung' within, exploration of the psyche. Is that something you truly love exploring? {Once again, welcome to our world}.

Also, not to leave any stones unturned, the ages may have some relationship to your past. I believe this would be secondary but we can't exclude anything. Even Freud has his place at the Dream Forum {not directed at Carlos-at least not 'consciously'}.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

although the environment of the dream may seem unimportant you should mention it. sometimes the place sets the whole mood for the dream.

What seems to be happening is that one undeveloped aspect of yourself, an aspect you are very fond of, is creating other undeveloped aspects.

the reason for which you are fond of these aspects may be found in the past, maybe around the age of 7-12.

This aspect is developing, though. an afghan is considered one of the dogs that can look like a human.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

by the way, I am not a freudian.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Carlos,
Pulling your leg. You are too talented to be Freudian. And you read Campbell. That puts you into a higher catagory than Freud. And I believe you are more intuitive than you give yourself credit.

Gerard

I think you guys are very adept here at interpreting things. Thank you for the compliment.

Carlos, you have a very unique perspective, I didn't think about the Afghan as being a breed more apt to have human features than others. I think you've got something there. Thank you.
Also, Carlos, the only thing in the environment was the rocking chair I sat down on to hold the Pug - the rest was white. Not inside or out. no room - nothing I can describe.

Gerard, I appreciate all the input in the numbers, I am not much into numbers, but have had them appear in dreams at various times. I used to spend a lot of time on Jung, but only now begin to understand what he was talking about. I needed to have some philosophy before it all clicked.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51, Naples FL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Sami,
In the last years of his life Jung studied astrology,
UFOs and other pseudosciences. I believe his interest of numbers was due to their importance in mythology. Of course it is the deeper dreams where we experience pure archetypes, and that is where myth provides insights. And numbers.

Of course numbers can play roles in dreams that are about the everyday waking life. It doesn't have to be a 'mystical' thing.

There have been many examples here at the Forum where numbers did in fit within the dream motif and provide insights, especially for those who are on that 'inner journey'. Often those who have these dreams are on a spiritual journey or discovering their creative Self. Often it is both. Psychologically, if not physically, the hero/heroine of myth is searching for that spiritual/creative Self. This is what we do also, seek deeper meaning and understanding. It is presented as symbolic metaphor in myth, and our deepest dreams. Understanding numbers in relationship to myth and the deeper psyche, that provides the real value. Anytime I see numbers as you presented I think of the deeper psyche, the dreamer's deeper psyche. Normally this indicates a search of that deeper inner space.

Jung discovered many 'secrets' exploring the deeper depths. Probably his most criticism comes from those who thought his studies of occult practices and pseudo subjects were drifting toward the mystical and away from science. But it was the reason 'he knew' and they don't. Just as science is a part of nature, symbolic metaphor of myth and dream are just as natural, and true. They are inherent, universal. They possess true gnosis.

If you are just now beginning to understand, I suggest you also read Joseph Campbell if you have not already. There is not a better primer for Jung than Campbell. I started with Campbell 15 years ago, The Power of Myth. If you are interested in women's studies I suggest Marion Woodman, Elain Pagels and Jean Houston.

And be able to give enough time to your studies to truly understand. It requires a lot of discipline, it has to become an important undertaking, time set aside just for discovery. Taking it causally probably won't produce as much results as you may expect.

Let go the ego discover the Self

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present