Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pregnant

I dreamed that my house became a community house for every person at my school. My house was no longer a normal, two story house, but more like a large apartment building. Everyone at my school got paired up with someone else who had to be their bedmate. I was paired with a boy I know, and we were required to sleep together in a small twin bed. For the first few nights, we didn't speak to eachother, but then one night we began to cuddle and kiss before sleeping. Time elapsed very fast in this dream. I realized after waking up one morning (in my dream, not actually waking up), that I was pregnant, but I could not remember having sex with the boy in my bed. He said we had indeed had sex, so I shrugged it off. Suddenly everyone knew that I was pregnant, and everyone was really excited, but I was panicking. First I decided I would have the baby and give it up for adoption, but then I decided I wanted an abortion. All of a sudden, I remembered that emergency birth control pill one can take within 72 hours of having sex which will terminate an early pregnancy. I beg my mom to take me to the store to get the pills, but she drags her feet because she's in the middle of doing something. Finally we get to the store, and I go to buy the pills, but the storekeeper says I have to be 18. I start to cry and beg a man I see to buy the pills for me, before realizing that my mom is over 18 and can buy me the pills. I go home to take them, and am releived to find out that the boy I share my bed with is agrees that I shouldn't have the baby, and we go back to cuddling some more.

This is one of the more vidid dreams I've had, but lately I've been remembering almost every dream, which I think is pretty cool. They're all so weird.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, New Jersey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Pregnant

Abby,
The dream is most likely focusing on your fears about having sex and the consequences. At your age dreams can still be straightforward and you dreams will use symbolic language symbolic but less in an archetypal way than in a direct relationship to your waking life, forming an ego and confronting the system of peer pressures. In other words it reflects that natural aspect of being 16 and growing up. It is a phase of life. Have you recently had thoughts to sex, pregnant and abortions? The attention is on you {your house became the community house} and may indeed reflect recent experiences having to do with sex, pregnancy and the consequences. The apartment may represent a complex {possible fear} you possess, again having to do with sex, peer pressures, consequences.

Do you have a current boy friend? Is there pressure from that relationship having to do with sex?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks so much Gerard. I'm not in a current relationship, but lately I've been "hooking up" with a few guys I know. What you say makes a lot of sense, my mind has been wandering a lot towards sex and pregnancy and abortions. I know a girl in my grade who people are saying is pregnant and will have an abortion. Funny that I woke up and was wondering what could possibly have triggered this dream, but now it seems so straightforward. =]

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, New Jersey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Thanks Abby for your response. I believe you have discovered what prompted this dream on your own. Dreams reflect the dreamer's life and at your age more so the present than something that was influenced from the past {earlier childhood}. There is one criteria Jung says will help determine the accuracy of an interpretation. Does it fit your life? Seems it does so quite well in this instance. And it is good {and wise on your part} for you to recognize it. You will make a great 'Jungian' if you should ever decide to delve deeper into the world of dreams.

"The dream is a little hidden door in the innermost and most secret recesses of the soul, opening into that cosmic night which was psyche long before there was any ego- consciousness, and which will remain psyche no matter how far our ego-consciousness extends.".....Carl Jung

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present