Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Baby

I dreamt I was having a baby, but wasn't necessarily pregnant...I just knew a baby was coming. I asked my son if he wanted a brother or a sister...he said a brother. I am telling someone, or I am being told, the baby's name is Matthew Martin. That came so clearly in the dream, the name. That's what I find so intriquing. Also, I get a glimpse of baby tears, which is a plant, in a hanging basket.

I have one son, and no babies are planned! I am more curious why the name is so very clear in the dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: A Baby

Maureen,
Such a dream, and not being pregnant or expecting to become pregnant, most likely represents something new coming into your life. It may not be expected outwardly but inner self wise it is something you want and need {as all babies are}. Since your son {here he is most likely to represent an aspect of yourself} prefers a boy, this may indicate what is coming or expecting is already in your possession. It is an inner thing.
As for the name. Several possibilities. One is these may be names you have a preference for, or names you have heard recently that strike a positive cord. They may also have to do with personalities of strong character, such as Saint Matthew or Martin Luther King.

A baby tears is a plant that has threadlike branches. This new thing may be something that once is left to grow will spread throughout your life. Usually such new things are of a positive nature.
Does this fit with anything in your life, your outer ego life or more possibly your inner life? At 43 your are in the middle stages of mid-life where the search
for meaning and truth are an important aspect of life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you for your reply, Gerard ~

*Does this fit with anything in your life, your outer ego life or more possibly your inner life? At 43 your are in the middle stages of mid-life where the search
for meaning and truth are an important aspect of life.

Yes - meaning, truth, quality, and integrity are qualities I desire more at this stage of post-divorce and mid-life. The names Matthew and Martin somewhat symbolize those qualities. Feeling much more empowered and good in my own skin leads me to look at my life presently with optimism and gratefulness.

Thank you for your insights!

Maureen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Maureen,
The feeling of empowerment can very much feel like having a new baby. It is a wonderful thing, especially at midlife when everything can seem to conspire against you. Take that empowerment and go with it, dont look back, and according to myth 'the Force will be with you'.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present