Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cats, intestines and little dogs

I had a good friend who was a cat. We could communicate, not in words, but we somehow understood each other and were able to "know" what each other needed. It was a very comforting relationship.

There was also a little dog who had somehow lost his intestines. I don't know how this happened and it wasn't apparent in the dream. However, the dog acted like everything was normal.

I saw the dog outside, playing with his owner--a bumbling, heavyset, balding, late 40s man in a brown suit and coat, and I went to him and tried to tell him that his dog's intestines had fallen out. He didn't believe me.

I said, "Well haven't you noticed anything odd about your little dog the last couple of days?"

"No," he said. "Well actually, he does smell a little bad."

"Well, he hasn't been going poo lately, has he?" I asked.

"Of course he has!" the man exclaimed. "There's some right there!" And then he pointed at the poo.

"Are you sure that's recent?"

"Well, actually, no I'm not."

So, I convinced him to come inside to where the intestines were.

When we got inside, my cat had put the intestines in the toilet and was going to flush them away. I guess she knew that I like things tidy! I somehow communicated to her that I needed to show the man the intestines so he'd believe that he should take his dog to the vet, and the cat dove into the toilet and started to pull them out with her claws.

The last thing I remember was bathing the cat ever so gently in the sink, and her being calm about it, trusting me completely.

Then, I guess I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Cats, intestines and little dogs

Brenda,
There is most likely a personal experience in your waking life that this dream is trying to address. Since the dream is purely symbolic and the experience is personal, only you can determine exactly what the issues in your waking life are that dream is focusing. You can do that by comparing the interpretation to your waking life.

I'm getting the impression that the cat is your 'feminine' aspects, perhaps most particularly the intuitive aspect, those abilities that provide insights beyond normal recognition. This would also be your wisdom self, the feminine aspect that provides support beyond what is required by the ego. My recent post Trusting Your Intuition will shine light on what that is about.

The dog may be your 'animal self', or outer ego self. The older man would also symbolize this aspect, the masculine in charge attitude. Intuitively you know something is amiss, not right. This could relate to 'intestinal fortitude', or lack of it. It is something that must be out in the open, something you must let out {poo}. Perhaps this is something you have been unable to do in your waking life, especially most recently. Your ego self may be unaware or unable to face up to this, perhaps because it will cause a 'stink' in your waking life.

Going inside. This is definitely an inner process {this aspect of the dream}. Your feminine instincts, those that promote good health and balance {like things tidy} would normally want to wash away these emotional, and waking experiences. But because she {the cat-your feminine aspects} are wise, once you realize the importance of this in your life, it wishes only to promote a healing within {emotionally}. Putting your trust in this feminine aspect is the course you should take.

As this relates to your waking life. The next to last paragraph may provide the best insights to your waking life. Is there something in your life that has to do with the will or ability {intestinal fortitude} to confront or overcome some aspect of your life? It may be your masculine aspects do not recognize this need but inner self does. Look at your life and determine if there is any aspects of it that fit with this. Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can expand on the possibilities {if you do not recognize them}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Brenda,

On a personal level overall the dream may describe the ability to be effective through habitual diligence and devotion (cat) can be brought about by reconciling (dog) outer/conscious attitudes with inner/unconscious attitudes of power and destiny or fate (man). Perhaps you are considering some thing that involves risk but hesitate due to doubts of being able to produce the intended result, possess the power and endurance (intestines) to be effective.

There may be a conscious perception of a situation (work?) as influenced by an external influence that determines a fixed order of things…destiny/fate. This could lead to thinking you have no control or power in the matter, being resigned to accept and endure as it’s decided by an external power.

The unconscious knowledge, coming through the dream, would then be the ability to manage by overseeing (cat putting intestines in toilet to flush) the situation, and the result, lies with you. The chain of cause and effect, and any conclusion which results (needing to show the man character the intestines) are determined from a combination of reason/logical thinking and intuition. A reorientation (cat diving into toilet) of thinking away from external powers that predetermine outcome to possessing personal power, endurance and diligence effect outcome relies much on your mental image (bathing cat in sink) of where power lies…with you or with external forces.

A latent (concealed cat’s claws) ability to recognize and utilize personal power vs resigning self to external power, can be realized in shifting conscious perception of ‘power’ to the unconscious perception can bring about growth (calm and trust).

As always the standard disclaimer applies to dream interpretation…only a dreamer knows the meaning of their dream. An interpretation is only a possibility with universal symbolism the base. As you read the interpretation look for Aha! feeling. If you find this, let your thoughts flow freely and follow the trail. If none of the interpretation meshes please feel free to communicate such in your response.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Hi Gerard and Kathy,

Thanks for your responses.

Like most of us, I've grown up in a pretty mail dominated society. I trained as a scientist in school, even though I had equal interest in arts (and probably more fun doing them), but thought science would get me a job.

For the last several years I've been working in non-profit environmental organizations (using my science background) because I truly feel the only work I can justify doing in this world is trying to better the health of the planet.

Anyway, for the last year or so, I've been learning a lot more about the feminine and aspects of goddess culture--which previous to now has made me VERY uncomfortable.

Lately, I'm rediscovering play and creativity (two things that more and more I am considering necessary for me to feel happy and sane) and I am hoping to use these in some way to further my work in healing people and the planet. I want to use theatre or the arts in some way to help us re-examine our mythologies and create new (healthier) stories for our culture. I won't go into my ideas too much, because they might sound a little out there, I don't know.

But, then that might point to part of what the dream is talking about. The direction I seem to be moving in, the work that I am feeling compelled to do seems to be so "out there", so contrary to what my life since adulthood has really been---very logical, rational, reality based.

Maybe the work I want to do is represented in the feminine aspect of myself, but I'm used to working within a masculine framework, so that could explain the conflict?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Brenda,
The direction toward the feminine is natural. And it is trustworthy as well as satisfying. Creativity is the soul's delight. When you participate in creative works you are fully utilizing those powerful feminine aspects. They are more powerful than the masculine. You can never go wrong by turning to the feminine.

And yet, it is true we live in a masculine world. And in the West it is overly patriarchal. Denial of the feminine is the mindset of the patriarchal world. A malfunction of the psyche, dwelling in a purely masculine void denies true balance and harmony. We must endure until change comes about.

And the field you have spend so much time invested in, the natural world, will be the equalizer. Mother Nature is pissed and can not take it any more. George Bush got his answer to how powerless he is when Katrina showed his true colors. We have so damaged the planet it may be too late {Jacques Cousteau and Carl Sagan both thought that to be the truth before they died}. But those of us who give support to the feminine, and yes for many the Goddess, we can not give up hope.

Nothing wrong with be logical, rational and reality based. As long as there is that governing aspect of the feminine to lead. The first impression, intuitive, is always right. But there are times logic has its place. Dream interpretation requires both. But it is the feminine that provides the true insights for someone like myself who tends to read dreams instead of interpret them.

You are nearing the age of transitions {mid-life}. But you have a hugh advantage; you have already discovered the powerful feminine. Stay with that, let it be the guide {creative and spiritual} and you can never go wrong. The one life you have is a life that can be balanced and harmonious. And in accord with nature. That is the true power of the feminine.

Native Americans and Buddhists have known this secret for ages.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

well the dream deals with the theme of an embarassing problem that goes unoticed. In real life try to spot someything that follows a similar theme. That perhaps links to some sign of aging. That you or others perhaps need to subtly mention some theme that you feel needs covering. Do you know any male with signs of aging that you have noticed and you think that they could control better... do you want to say something but want to be very subtle?
-------------
Dream dictionary

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 scarborough

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present