Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Woman as male in dream?

I've been having these kinds of dreams for at least two years now. I'm female, but in these dreams I'm male and the other half of a homosexual couple. The dreams usually involve some sort of sexual intercourse (from kissing to plain sex) and I'm always (or nearly always) the passive half.

Also, every time this happens, my male side is blond and blue-eyed (I'm a brunette with gray eyes myself). In every dream both me and the other person look like characters I've created for fanfiction or my own stories.

Sometimes I also dream of a homosexual couple without being part of it (in these dreams I'm always myself, and my own gender), and it seems as if I'm not really there, but having an out-of-body experience.

Can anyone help me with this?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, Finland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Woman as male in dream?

Ellie,
Have there been any personal thoughts to exploring your sexuality? Perhaps an encounter with another woman? Having a guy involved may help overcoming anxieties of having a relationship with another woman {makes it seem OK if it involves both a man and woman}. At 19 this is a real possibility. As you stated, these are characters that would fit your fanfiction.

Another possibility that usually would better fit an older person has nothing to do with sex at all. There may be a need to harmonize your masculine and feminine aspects so they produce a better balance. There may be a reluctance to use certain aspects, particularly feminine traits, to their fullest. If you are a creative person {this would be something an older person would generally possess, thus a part of your dreams}. it may be a guide to use those intuitive skills more frequently, for creative sake and not for monetary reasons.

Let me know your reactions to my interpretation. Hopefully we can discover more about this 'sexual side'. Or is it creative?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

...That does make sense. I've always been mentally older than I'm physically.

"There may be a reluctance to use certain aspects, particularly feminine traits, to their fullest. If you are a creative person it may be a guide to use those intuitive skills more frequently, for creative sake and not for monetary reasons."

...I've never been particularly feminine. And I'm also very creative (I'm a Pisces in astrology, so maybe that might also explain the dreams). I've been writing a lot, but not for profit.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, Finland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

From what you stated in your last post there is that possibility the dreams are trying to synchronize that feminine aspect with your masculine identity. Do you feel at ease with your personality? Is it more masculine, perhaps tom boy type? There may be some conflict there. Or just a need to synchronize the two. The outer with the inner.

Creativity is a feminine aspect. Not that you have to be 'feminine' to be creative. I am very intuitive for a man and creativity is most important in my life. I am utilizing my feminine aspects. I too am a Pisces, and very much an extrovert. But in my older years I have lived a more isolated life, intentionally, so I can put more efforts to my creative self. If you achieve balance you can use the different aspects, even if they are opposite the true original self, to your advantage. Perhaps at a young age you are beginning to do that. At least in your dreams.

Discerning and synchronizing your true self, if not done properly can leave emotional conflicts. Those are exposed in your dreams, with the intent to help work through the conflicts.

Your writing. Is it what you truly like writing about? That is creativity. Perhaps the woman as a male has something to do with that. It could be exposing positive qualities. Nothing says dreams aren't about positive aspects.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present