Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream stuck in my mind

Hello :)

I'm looking for some thoughts on a dream I had last night. I dreamt of a guy I know, he was dancing at a concert of one of my favorite singers. He had long brown hair instead of his usual short cut black hair. That's all I can remember, any ideas what it meant? It really stuck in my mind.

Thank you!

Sweet135 xx

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, Chelsea

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dream stuck in my mind

Sweet135,
Such a short dream provides little to work with. But one possibility is this guy {in your dream} is fulfilling a wishful desire {wish fulfillment}. Dancing to the sound of your favorite singer would be something you find delite in. Does the long brown hair improve the acceptability of this guy {who actually has short black hair}? With the black hair he is interesting but if he had long brown hair would he be the perfect dance partner.

Lessons beyond this dream

Let me point out once again the difference between an interpretation of a young person's dream and that of an older person. Sweet135 is 19 and still in the process of forming an ego identity. The focus is on the present, an establishment of personality and posture to meet the peer pressures in her waking life. Dreaming of guys is about her future. Fulfilling dreams is a goal we all possess in early life.

If this dream were from an older person {40+} then I would look at it differently. An older person has already established an ego identity {well, mostly, although I find today's adults a bit immature, too many lacking a true identity} and begins to look back, reflection of the past. The contents of this dream would not be wish fulfillment but what should have occurred in the dreamer's life. Whereas Sweet135 is looking forward, an older person would be looking back.

But never say never. Each of us is different. A young person can have dreams similar to an older person, and vice versa. But the rule of thumb is what I stated above.

Carl Jung, "So difficult is it to understand a dream that for a long time I have made it a rule, when someone tells me a dream and asks for my opinion, to say first of all to myself : "I have no idea what the dream means." After that I can begin to examine the dream."
(C. G. Jung, CW8, para. 533)

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Sweet135,
May I ask how you came about choosing the name Sweet135? Is the number 135 something you picked out of thin air, or a number assigned to you? Or does it have some special meaning? The reason I ask is the number 135 adds up to 9. For me the number 9 is a very special number {representative of the feminine psyche}. It just may have special significance for you in the future.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

chelsea,

did you like the guy better with his hair long and brown? this is very important because it seems like you think some kind of change in his aura or personality would ake place if he were more in tune with your way of being, the things you like, thse way you approach life, who you are; basiclly if he were moe attracted to your ways, or to you, what would result in would be ths change.
do you think he as sexier, with the hair?
better looking?
maybe not as attractive?
what did you think?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present