Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
airplane, pilot, mailman

in the dream i was on a plane. i'm not sure of the destination, but i do know that the flight was going to be 8 hours long. for some reason the pilot wanted me to sit in the cockpit with him and i was to help him fly. i had strong feelings of not being able to stay awake long enough to help him. my anxiety was so strong it broke the plane and we had to drive the plane through the streets to a mechanics shop. we were driving on the highway very fast, close to crashing a few times. when we got to the mechanic, it was in a really delapidated building and there was a postman there. the pilot and i got out of the plane and when we got back in there was a box in my seat. the postman got into the plane and put a box addressed to me in the seat. the confusion was that the postman didnt know who i was but put the box there anyway. and then the fear came back of flying the plane. i could see everything. the dial and buttons and gages. i dont really remember the flying part but i do remember being scared.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 paris

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: airplane, pilot, mailman

Amanda,
What is it in your life that causes strong anxieties? It probably has to do with the 8hrs in your dream {perhaps an 8 hr work day?}. The stress this aspect causes you probably contributes to feelings of 'deterioration' {dilapidated building}. The postman {your unconscious} may be leaving you a message that you are attempting to take on new burdens that you are not ready to take.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Amanda,

Some possible key points in your dream may be spontaneousness and reorientation.

The dream may describe a natural tendency (controlled and directed internally) to automatic and lifeless mechanical response to external requests or demands made on you. The theme of these external requests may center on taking care of others, your nuturing aspect.

And possibly a reorientation to possessing authority to command (dominate as from an elevated place) your response/self and others is reliant on knowledge of, developing, and utilizing the concept of free will. A reorientation of direction (dials and gauges) from natural tendency to exercising command could be source of internal distress as change can be a source of anxiety due to the unknown that change entails.

As always a dream interpretation is only a possiblity. The dreamer is the interpreter, we merely assist with providing possible meaning based on universal symbols. Please respond with your thoughts on the dream and interpretation, even if the interpretation is not close.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

thank you very much for your interpretation.. and your time.

at the moment i am an ex-patriot, so there are many ways to associate your interpretations. and there are many things i will have to do to come back to the states so there are challenges im both reluctant and required to take. mostly reluctant. there are certain things i will have to leave if i make the decision.

the 8 hours could be the flight time or ..there is another more obvious explanation but i'd rather not write it here.

its a very loud statement im making in my sleep isnt it!!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 paris

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Amanda,
Yes, I am sure there are many associations to the dream. The best an interpreter of a dream {for another person} can do is help clarify the associations. I don't have knowledge of your personal life so only you can connect the dots. Keep in mind the dream is about you, your emotional life, at the time you have the dream.

The 8 hrs could very well be the flight time. Getting back to the states seems to be an important aspect in your life. So it would be common to have dreams about that. The postman, is there a connection to in your waking life? If not perhaps it is meant as a messenger from your unconscious. Being a male postman it could have to do with masculine qualities {Anima/Animus}. That has many possibilities in itself.

How are you holding up under the pressures? Is there emotional stress. Dilapidated buildings would most likely be symbolic of some aspect of the dreamer. Have recent events left any part of yourself or life 'dilapidated'? Dreams are therapeutic and help to sort out all the emotional baggage in life. The associations to your life are the metaphors/symbols in your dreams. It is like a puzzle, sometimes with missing pieces {that gets into repression, denial, not something indicated in your dream}.

The challenges. You may want to read more on Campbell's 'hero journey', Jung's hero archetype to learn more about how to confront challenges in life. This is deep psyche stuff but I sense you are capable of understanding the message.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present