Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Love, and my place of work

When I feel like I am coming up empty about an issue I'm struggling with, I will incubate a dream to glean guidance. Last night's dream I asked about finding love. In the dream was a former love I still have some unresolved feelings for. The location was where I work, a private Christian college where I found healing. My dream is two fragments. Here is my dream:

I am at work, in the mechanic's shop (former love is of the same profession). Former love is walking around, working, dressed up in a dress shirt and loosely tied tie. I go into his office - I can't believe I am in it, happily - and it is surrounded by glass. You can see out, and in. We pass each other, but say nothing. I go to leave, but the door out of the shop is broken.

I am outside my own shop at work. I am a gardener. I am carrying my yellow blanket and pink comforter cover from my bed out in the parking lot. I see it is dragging on the ground some. A new guy has started at work, and I hear someone is giving him grief about "something". I think a fight is to ensue, but then hear the conversation become peaceful and friendly.

Second fragment: I am outside on the porch of my childhood home with my Mom. We are getting the mail from the black mailbox. I see it is loaded with small, brown gifts from Ireland. (Yes, I am Irish) There are so many, I am filling my arms up. I look over and see a small group of people, including the mailman, at the bottom of the porch steps, watching. My Mom hands me a small diamond ring, and asks, "who sent you this?" and I think to myself, "what makes you think it's for me?" but say, "just put it on my pinky". She drops the ring, and I look down on the ground to see where it went. The dream ends.

Thank you for any insights into the message of my dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Love, and my place of work

Maureen,
The first fragment seems to be addressing your lingering emotions toward your former love. The fact you can see in and out of the glass office may indicate the reality of the relationship; being able to see your true emotions. You can not get away from it {door is broken}. Or it may mean you can not in reality renew the relationship. Which best fits reality?

The second part seems to be about conflicts that have been resolved. Is there a new guy in your life? Or perhaps the new guy represents your job, it has resolved conflicts and provided healing.

The second fragment. Gifts from the unconscious {black mailbox}. The diamond ring may represent love, commitment. Where has it gone?
Does your mother figure into any part of your relationships?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Love, and my place of work

Thank you, Gerard ~

*[Maureen,
The first fragment seems to be addressing your lingering emotions toward your former love. The fact you can see in and out of the glass office may indicate the reality of the relationship; being able to see your true emotions. You can not get away from it {door is broken}. Or it may mean you can not in reality renew the relationship. Which best fits reality?]*

Well, I go about my life and let God take care of the details, as far as a reconciliation goes.

*[The second part seems to be about conflicts that have been resolved. Is there a new guy in your life? Or perhaps the new guy represents your job, it has resolved conflicts and provided healing.]*

Yes, a new guy, from my job. Both have helped with healing. But now it's time to move on, as both have provided what was needed for healing. I seem to have outgrown both.

*[The second fragment. Gifts from the unconscious {black mailbox}. The diamond ring may represent love, commitment. Where has it gone?
Does your mother figure into any part of your relationships?]*

Mom was in last night's dream, too...watching as I do the wash. She didn't want to do the wash with the rest of us. She sat high up in a bulldozer! Perhaps I need to take a closer look at where I am being stubborn, or rigid.

Thank you!

Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present