Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seemingly Airplane Crashing

I am hoping for insight from Kathy or anyone else please. Thank you so much. Last night I dreamed that I went to a nearby town (only 15 mins walking) - I think to see a movie. Then decided instead to turn around and go back home. (I became totally conscious of the dream from the turnaround). It was night and very dark, but when I turned around it was a beautiful, bright sunshiney day - prompting me to think within the dream - why is it so sunshiney bright and why is it daytime all of a sudden? Then I looked up and saw a plane above very near the ground. In my dream thought it appeared to be so close because it was headed to the ground very fast. I started to scream and run, thinking in the dream that it would be impossible to outrun the plane to get to safety. I woke up just as i began to scream and run. Not startled, not sweating, but wide awake. So, at 1:30 am, I began some odd chores, and looked at TV, then fell back to sleep. Oddly enough, I don't know if the plane was really going to crash, although I could see no other outcome logically. I also don't know why the first thought was of sunshine and a beautiful day, and THEN I looked over my shoulder and up and saw a plane that seemed "dangerously" close, and THEN began to run. But never witnessed or felt a crash.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Seemingly Airplane Crashing

Linda,
The movie you were about to see but changed your mind strongly indicates there is something your life {the movie} that you may not be willing acknowledge. The plane about to crash may be that thing. I sense is there is a fear there are aspects of your life you are afraid will come 'crashing down'. You can't outrun it.

But there is also the positive within the dream. So we have a dream where there is sunshine, perhaps indicating your positive attitude toward life, yet there is a fear of something crashing around you. The fear, which I sense is more of a general fear and not one particular thing, may have to do with life itself and the negative possibilities that seem to constantly surrounds you. In other words, at mid-life the changes in life put greater emphasis on all possibilities rather than the general positive outlook you had when you were younger. When we are young we tend to ignore the negatives no matter the gravity. At mid-life, 40+ to 60, life brings about reality, and we tend to focus on all possibilities.

But there may be one or more particular negatives in your life that threaten to 'crash'. Look at your life and see if that is the case. If not then I suspect the dream is dealing more in generalities. In mid-life the question "why is it so sunshiney bright and why is it daytime all of a sudden" is common. The sunshine is what you expect as a younger person but comes into question as you age and see all the negatives {including reflecting on the past}. Looking back is the focus as we age and stressful fears also.

Your follow-up post may help clarify the possibilities.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Seemingly Airplane Crashing

Dear Gerard,

Thank you so much for your positively insightful reply.

It has only been within the past two years that things have been going so smoothly and increasingly well for me.

I think you are right - I am afraid that all of this "good" will come crasing down around me. There are no real life negatives, just me thinking that somehow this will all end. Perhaps I am afraid of "seeing" my future life - the movie - because I am afraid of the ending.

Thank you so much for your reply. It has really given me clarity.

Kind regards,

Linda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: NY - 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present