Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nightmare...did this void out my other dream??

Ok, it's after 4 am, so maybe I am not thinking coherently to ask the subject line question.

I just had a nightmare and wanted to post it since it's significant. It's the latter half of a dream, the rest I can't remember - but this was:

My sister and I are walking back to my parernts house. We have the intent to do laundry. Amy is carrying about 5 things wrapped in a large towel. She unhooks a fence with a heavy lock (parents do not have in waking) and we head downstairs to their basement where their laundry is (real in waking) she had handed the small load to me. We were making fun of an aunt and uncle of mine (but why we were making fun makes no sense in waking). My uncle was diagnosed with an illness in waking, and he comes to me for mental comfort and spiritual comfort. My aunt is a strong skeptic, which I appreciate. These 2 qualities came up in the dream when I said to my sister that my uncle asks for help (I used a weak voice) but then my aunt depreciates my comfort, in the dream by saying (real masculine) "well why you're here, why don't you do some laundry?" I take stock of the room and see a large back mass - a blob, really, of what I take to be 'stuff' (material) to my left. I was thinking it was alot and should be thrown away. The washer and dryer were more centered in the room, not like in waking (but I know, this is a dream!)

Anyway, my sister gets the laundry started and we're talking and laughing a bit when we both suddenly hear terrible screeching of car wheels. So much so that we stop what we are doing and look up (as people do). We're waiting to hear the crash. Oh boy do we hear it. There is this large, reverberatig boom. My sister says to me "Wow that sounds close" It is then that I turn to my left and look up, there are no upper levels of the house. It is this basement, with no roof, only sky above. (Where are the other levels, right - basement is focus here) I look to my left, where is the actual front of my parents house and see a police car crashed on the lawn with a couple of other cars. I say "Oh my god Amy, that's because the crash is right out front!" We're both moritifed.'

I then see a female police officer (tiny brunette) open the fence again. A large black male runs through the fencec carrying something. He jumps down into the basement and my siter yells "Run!" she runs to the left, for some reason I run right. Nortably, I try to run toward and area with "stuff" (materialism?) but find no protection there. He catches up to me. Never actually TOUCH toches me, but instead points a bottle that looks like the Method bottle (all natural good for the earth and you cleaning products - symbolic I KNOW) So he points this bottle at me in what appears to be desperation.

Both of my hands are out to my sides (like, I have no weapons, please don't hurt me, the whole "surrender" move) and then next to this black male is a man in a labcoat. I think: Scientist. So fo visual effect, it dawns on me in waking now, we form a triangle, me at the peak. I am standing where in waking, my parents washer and dryer SHOULD be, but of course, isn;t. I am facing to my left, the black make and to my right, the scientist. Both at a distance.

The black male is holding out to me this spray bottle. After all the yelling I hear I decide to take the bottle, figuring if I was in control it would be better than him squirting me outright, since what is IN this thing? The scientist is calm. The black male never speaks, just looks to me as if in quiet desperation and in a demanding sort of a way.

So I am holding this bottle. Mentally I know I hear the black male saying to me (wearing green, now that I remember it) "spray the bottle now". I look at the bottle. Somehow the scientist guy knows I know to spray it and tells me it is ok. The people in the background fall away (of course, telling me NOT to spray it) While I know I don't know what will happen, because all assume it will be bad, I know to trust the scientist. His voice seems rational.

So I spray (I know, here I go!) 3 times. The black male breaks the triangle and runs right as soon as the scientist sprays this purple effusion of something straight to where the black make was standing. A large fire explodes. (spray bottle then disappears, no one takes it, however)

Everyone else is now gone except for me and a hispanic? native american? man standing in purple to my left, against the wall, who has been there the whole time (who at points looked black, but upon further inspection, is not) I see the flame has this life of its own and then starts to move toward me. I don't want to be where the stuff is, figuring flammability, so I run straight ahead, toward (in a sense) the man on the left. There a doorway appears before me. I see bright colors, this doorway leads upstairs I think. (in waking, there is no door here, but instead a workbench) I remember the vibrancy of home and the color red was prominent.

Fire then attaches to me. Literally, from my crown, to the small of my back, I have flame on me. I scream out for someone to please help me. I think to myself that I should drop to the ground, but instead, run with hands flailing.

I remember wondering why the hispanic/native man wouldn't help me, he just stood and watched, waiting, as if to take action, but not to put out the fire, so I didn't understand (how can you when you're covered in flame?) and I remember knowing that fire should burn and that it did not and wanted to know WHY and then literally was waiting for the flames to burn. And then in my minds eye I was thinking "third degree burns along the back and torso regions"

I woke up then, feeling hot everywhere. I think I was starting to burn, but am not sure. A little on the waist and tips of the hair (my hair in the dream was in a ponytail). But again, I don't know if I was over reacting or what because it was a nightmare and you know how that goes.

And I've never been so compelled to type at 4 am.

I instantly wondered if I negated the first dream by this dream....I've had some recent purges in my life and then someone re-entered it that i thought was gone. I am holding onto the teachings I've taken in during the time of the purging and replenishing (so to speak)...does this mean this person coming back into my life shouldn't be trusted and will 'burn me' so to speak?

Or did I, in fact, walk through a flame of spirituality and transformation? I don't know if I made it, since I woke up, but I was almost wondering if the hispanic/native man was a shaman and would be there to help me when the time proved appropriate. I think now and say "Gee, Jack, the fire WAS at your crown."

I sincerely appreciate your thoughts on this.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31, Buffalo, NY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Nightmare...did this void out my other dream??

Jackie,
I have a full day scheduled and it may be later in the day or in the morning before I can thoroughly review your dream. I or Cavebear will definitely interpret the dream. Thanks for your patience.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Not a problem! Thank you for the response!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31, Buffalo, NY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

hi, this dream certainly seems to reflect some sort of turmoil,
as i am sure you know,nightmares usually are the effect of issues not confornted,
descending into things(the basement )may very well represent the descent into your own unconscious,
the fact you were on your way to do washing may suggest the need to come clean about certain aspects of your self/life,
the main part that caught my attention was the distinction between a lower level(the basement)and the disappearence of the upper level,
to me the house usually refers to the self,it is where you live,
the dark shape of matter may be that something that scares you,maybe a repressed experience from way back,
the scientist and the coloured guy and yourself most likely are the differnt aspects of yourself in conflict,the scientist would be the rational as you said yourself,the coloured guy,well in a lot of myths this aspect represents the bush soul,that part of us that is wild ,but still connected with our primal exmotions,

in a nutshell,is there a conflict between your unconscious drives and your conscious motives,
this is by no means an iterpretation,only you can do that,but i hope my thoughts give you a starting point,

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52-yk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Jackie,
After you respond to Cavebear's post I will analyze that and the dream content and see what I can come with. Such a long dream takes a lot of analyzing. Also, your previous post may provide insights to this dream since dreams tend to come in sequence.

As far as negating the first dream. All dreams are a constant source of information about your emotional life. Each dream provides insights to the deepest unconscious and all dreams have a message. I don't see where one dream negates the other. They would tend to offer new insights instead.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

stats from 7-14-10 to the present