Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I ching

I had this dream about a week ago,and it is still sitting w/me.I dreamed i was in this dimmed lit room,sitting on a wood floor that was warm.There was this deep comforting voice comming from behind me,I could not see him but certinley felt him with every fiber of my being.There was this long strip of white paper,He was teaching me the symbols of the I-CHING.There were no hexagrams just symbols,I was painting them in the most beautiful red color,it looked like silk.I know we are not suppost to take this literally so what could this mean?This was so peaceful.I have been studing the way for a couple of years now and have recently been working on some deep dark unconcious behavior and thoughts.Thoughts or behaviors that hinder my true nature.Help

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 northern california

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: I ching

abundance,
A very positive dream. The wood floor would indicate {to me} a natural foundation that is slowly being realized {dimmed lite room}. As you get in touch with the inner Self you become aware of the presence of the natural forces within nature {remember Luke Skywalker's admonishment to use the 'Force?}. The inner Voice is that Force, unseeable but always with you.

The I-CHING is a symbol system used to identify order in chance events.

the I-CHING is nature

It contains layers of symbols, one within the other. Symbols are used to describe other symbols. It is, therefore, no wonder that people find this book of wisdom obscure. Because the nature of a symbol always points to something beyond itself, the meanings can never be pinned down but are always open to each new reader.

This would explain the natural order of your dream, yes, a literal interpretation {rare, yet normal within the laws of nature}. The color is red is the symbol of life {blood}.

From Hyperdictionary we find this for the word silk:
You will never lack the necessities of life

When we rely on the forces of nature {and not man} we never lack those essentials. Just as with Luke nature provides us with the tools to carry on. My thoughts are those tools for man are of a spiritual nature that summons our creative Self to take the lead. My reading of this dream points to that.

But it is also discovering those deep aspects of the individual life. Jung's Individuation Process is a method for self discovery, looking deep with to discover the true Self. Although you may not use this method {the I-CHING is another, similar psychological method} you are participating in the process of Self discovery. This dream is very positive.

he who knows doesn't know. he who doesn't know knows

the knowing comes with Self discovery.

Does this fit with where you are in your search?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: I ching

abundance,
Taking more time to read the link I provided on the I-Ching I find that the hexagram is associated withe creative. Perhaps the lack of presence of a hexagram in your dream is a call to include the creative as a part of your life.
Have you discovered your creative aspects and do you utilize them in your waking life?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present