Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
But what does my subconscious want? (mild sexual content)

Hi Guys, I posted a dream here 3 years ago, and got a really accurate interpretation. Lately I've been having some pretty disturbing dreams and I'm not able to interpret them by myself.

Backstory: In December, I got together with my boyfriend. Our relationship is fantastic on all levels and more than my boyfriend, he's becoming my best friend. We go to college but his family is actually close to here and he's really close to his family so he goes home on the weekends sometimes (this weekend he's home). Anyway, we're both virgins but we've pretty much done everything we can without HAVING sex. We've talked about how we want to wait until the spring to have sex (but that we DO want to) and how I'm going to get birth control etc.

THE DREAMS are pretty simple, for the most part. Over the past few nights, I've been dreaming of ex-boyfriends. the first two nights, they were recent boys that I did't really feel much of anything for. In one of those dreams, I dreamed that I was in a big hall where there was some type of catering evet. Getting to the floor I wanted to get to was complicated but in the dream, i knew where i was going, up an elevator and around all these corners and things. That's where I saw a recent ex and he cried to me telling me he still liked me. I don't remember my reaction. I just remember trying to get out of the building-- the down elevator wouldn't come fast enough, so i went down the stairs. In the stairs there was a "fountain", which was one big stream of water flowing down. Later that night, I dreamed that I was conversing with animals, i don't remember what we were talking about, and then i met an elephant, and started having sex with it, as it talked to me. Then last night , i dreamed of my first boyfriend, from 5 years ago, who's obviously had a large impact on my relationships and my personality-- we were kissing and i was enjoying it.

I really can't firgure this out and it's bothering me to no end. It could be that I don't want to have sex with my boyfriend but I feel like there's something more to it. I had come to the conclusion that the dreams were telling me that i don't want to have sex yesterday, and last night I still dream of one of my more prominent ex-lovers.

anxious

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, Chicago IL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: But what does my subconscious want? (mild sexual content)

Saoirse,

Welcome back. I've always felt by giving good service people would return {I'm a contractor and it has served me well in my business}.

Most likely these dreams are dealing with guilt you are experiencing from the planned sex with your boyfriend. If my reading is correct you and your boyfriend are practicing abstinence for a reason, and very often it is for moral {religious or spiritual} reasons. Is that the case with you?
Even so, if it isn't for moral reasons, the first time is something really BIG. And psychologically it is big. It is only natural to experience some guilt for just thinking about it. And unless you plan to get married in the spring, moral abstinence would be broken if you have premarital sex. Especially if there is a moral position for holding off on having sex. If for other reasons for holding back the guilt would be there also because you are going to lose your virginity. Having waited naturally would leave such emotions.

As for the ex-boyfriends. They could represent some animus aspect {probably do in a minor way}. At 19 {and without any earlier traumatic lifer experiences having to do with boys} it is more likely addressing ego-centered issues.
But the ex-bos could represent something more from personal experiences, to the extent only you can name what those are. And/or there may have been something about these particular guys that left an impression on you {boyfriend from 5 years ago was a good kisser}. Since there wasn't anything special about thee guys, the best they could do is get a kiss {as opposed to having sex}.

Halls very often represent transition from one thing to another. A big hall would represent a very large transition {from virgin to sexually active?}. They also can represent connection of the conscious to the unconscious. This is as much a psychological event as it is a physical one.
Catering is providing to the needs of a group {the group being your total psyche, your physical. emotional and spiritual needs}. You will be doing both when you do have sex. Psychologically it is something that will leave a definite impression. Physically it is a requirement {sex is a natural thing - moral considerations are not a part of nature}. Not just for having children but also for physical and emotional enjoyment.

Getting to the floor you want to get to. It is complicated perhaps because this emotional issue of having sex is complicated.
Going up has to do the thinking mind {the head}. Undoubtedly you are thinking a lot about it. I sense the line about your ex-bo has to do with pressures, the kind guys exert with gurls when 'making out' {guys do have one track minds}. You want to get out of that building. This may also represent the opposite to the negative aspects of losing your virginity {as will your boyfriend}. Instead of just kissing, your physical body yearns for sex. Do you have such feelings when making out with your boyfriend. It is natural. It would unnatural if you didn't.

The sex with the elephant and conversing with animals. As I stated earlier sex is a natural animal requirement {as well as plant, in their own special ways, such as pollination}. Your animal body {we all are human animals} is conversing with your psychological self, this issue of sex being the subject. There is conflict, the guilt, the passion. A lot to converse about.

Elephants represent several important aspects in life. They have truly amazing memories. Having sex for the first is something you will always remember. The elephant is also a symbol of power, strength, and intellect. These are three aspects that will likely come up in life having to do with relationships, and sex. The elephant having sex with you is a joining of all these emotional aspects, natural yet complicated. It is the physical aspect that you will start enjoying. As long as you can get past the guilt.
{I don't to leave an impression that I am encouraging you one way or the other}.
Elephants are creatures with an introverted nature, the elephant may thus be depicting your own personality. That may be associated with the second dream.

The second dream may be addressing the lasting impressions from your past, and in your future. Are you the introverted type? You state your ex-bo had an influence on your personaity. Perhaps your personality is easy influenced, and needs the strength of the elephant not to unduly change when you do have sex with your present boyfriend. Dreams deal with all aspects of the psyche, including personality. And the mere fact your ex-bo did have an influence, the experience of having sex will do the same.

Does this help? If I do well this visit perhaps I can entice you into learning more about the 'psychology of dreams'. It is something you can 'buy into' {learning more about your dreams} that can be most helpful later in life, especially when you get to midlife. If you get really interested in what Jung has to offer, it can be most helpful throughout all of your life. Powerful stuff, but requires time and effort.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

AH! Thank you so much for your interpretation. It's really helping me understand what's going on in my mind. Now that I have a better idea of what's going on, I can cope with my feelings. I'll definitely keep in touch. The psychology of dream interpretation really amazes me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, Chicago IL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Saoirse,

Here's an amplification that may add some depth to your dream. It follows on from what Gerard wrote.

The amplification is the movie "Runaway Bride" with Julia Roberts. Do you know this movie? If you do, then What do you think this movie is about? If you don't, then check it out at www.imdb.com

This amplification came from the unconscious so it should be protected just like dream content.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present