Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Odd school-ish dream

I've only got this bit of the dream. There was definately some before and after, but I can't remember it.

I was at a sort of school, three storis with a swing set and jungle gym in the yard. I was sitting on one of the swings, alone, when I saw a sparrow. It was flying, but it was hurt, squaking as it flew rather eratically. I got up and tried to fly to it, help it, but as soon as I got in the air I wasn't in control anymore. There was a man (I don't remember what he looked like; more of a presence) and he was my enemy. I got the sense that we had battled before. He was controling my flight patterns, and torturing the bird I was trying to get to. I tried to get away, but was unable.
Other students and a couple teachers watched from the school, my teacher watching expressionlessly from the front steps along with a few others. I knew better than to call out for help, as I should, with all of my studies, been able to escape by myself. My arms were pinned down to my sides, and he crashed me into the ground head first. Somehow I ended up with a friend (I think) next ot the road that ran along the side of the school and the yard. I knew myself that I was dying, my breathing was shallow. She leaned down to check, and drew back. I fell sideways, my head and shoulders in the street. I could see a car coming, and wondered why she wasn't worried that I'd get run over.

Help would be, as always, appreciated.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15, MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Odd school-ish dream

Sera,
Before I give an interpretation I would like to ask a question that may be relevant to the dream. I ask this because most dreams of young people are more focused on the present day experiences and nor as much on past experiences. Trying to determine if this is the case in your dream is the first task.

The question. Are there any past experiences of mental or physical abuse from your earlier years in childhood? If you can answer that question I will be better able to help you understand your dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

No abuse, not that I know of. I am a bit of a writer, and tend to use near-death experiances occasionaly. It interests me, I suppose.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Sera,
Since there was no abuse then we can focus on the dream as being related to current waking life experiences of the ego {more common for a teenager}.

Let's look at the dream as if the sparrow is representing some aspect of your psyche {the sparrow is you}. You are able to function in life but there is hurt, pain or injury that causes you to be less functional. The man may represent some masculine aspect, but more likely some aspect in your waking life that prevents you from functioning at full capacity. He, the man, may represent teachers, or the system itself {social duty, doing what you are told to do}. It is torture having to put up with this injurious aspect in your life.

Since the second part of the dream mentions teachers and other students, they could represent part of that thing that holds you back. And they could also represent the learning capacity within yourself. Perhaps it is your studies that cause this disharmony in your life. Having to go to school, is that something you enjoy? What about lessons? Do you have problems or a dislike of having to do them? You may think your teachers are unconcerned, expressionless as the dream puts it. School, or certain aspects of having to go to school may be 'pinning' you down. Are you 'dying' to gt away from such things?

Look at my suggestions and see if they fit. Your response may provide more clues to what the dream may be.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Sera,
I know this is a strange question, but humor me. In your life do you have a brother or someone that acts brotherly towards you? If you do, has there been a situation around the time of your dream about something you love to do, as opposed to be studious. Considering your age it is probably centred on ego development and it may be related to you realizing what you want. I may be right off track here so don't be too concerned if none of this makes sense.

The amplification that arose was that of the Greek myth of Artemis and Apollo and I am just trying to understand why.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard:
I'm not sure that that entirely fits. I actually really like going to school. I have some problems in spanish, but the class itself is enjoyable. I also have quite a few teachers who I know I can talk to, one of them who has helped a few friends of mine.

Stephen:
Yes, I have both a brother and a male friend who is brotherly. I have also had two situations that may apply to this. One is involving a school play, the other a movie night a couple of my friends and I have once a week.

I hope this helps. ^.^

Hi Sera,

Ok, the Artemis/Apollo myth is about being tricked by the "brother" to kill your love (Orion). I guess because the dream is set in a school environment, that is why Apollo came up seeing he is associated with study. Artemis and Apollo are twins. They both know exactly what they want and how to get it (they both focus on targets being archers). Artemis is also associated with swiftness and this could well be refelected by the sparrow. Getting back to the myth, Apollo was jealous of the love relationship between Artemis and Orion. Apollo saw that Orion was far out to see and he challenged Artemis to strike this far off object with her arrow. Unfortunately, she was too good an archer and she hit the target, not realizing till too late that Orion was the target and the arrow pierced his head. He died. You can imagine how Artemis felt about this. So it is this triad that I think is the basis of the dream and how it works with the associations you have with the school play or going to the movies, or could it be your writing. Does your brother or brotherly friend distract you from your writing? Or it may be more literal with one male being jealous of the relationship you have with another male, and hence how this jealousy is leading to tragedy. Like how the man in the dream controls you and causes you to crash into the ground. So I guess the big question for you is "What do you want and do you want it bad enough that you are willing to ignore those around you that influence you (ego building)?" Because if the myth is right it is an act of treachery!

Stephen

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I don't know. There isn't really anyone inhibiting my writing or anything. It's a really interesting thought, but I'm not sure that it fits.
I've been thinking about it, though, trying to figure it out. I think I might have something:
I start out alone. At some point, on some topic, everyone feels alone occasionally, even when they know there are a bunch of people close by. If I take it that the sparrow is me, I can see that I'm struggling, and try to help myself. There's something stopping me from this, however, some part of myself, a part that I might tend to ignore. This part makes me lose control, causing a crash. The second part may be how it feels sometimes as if those I care for don't understand, and expect me to deal with it. It's not until it nearly destroys me that even one person takes notice, and then are repelled by how far gone I am. Does this make any sense? Additions, suggestions, and general wisdom are appreciated. This is one of my first attempts, so it may be a bit full of holes and such.

Hi Sera,

Will you please elaborate on the school play and the going to the movies situations.

Stephen

stats from 7-14-10 to the present