Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
not dead stepmom.

ok well the first thing i remember is that i was in a house with a friend and my little sisters.there were also two little girls i didnt know sleeping on the bed, which i just attributed to the "save the children" commercial i saw that night before i went to sleep. but so at some point i looked out the window, and my stepmom was lying on her stomach in the dirt outside, and it was raining, so it was really muddy and gross. she also had some kind of jersey on, which i attributed to the super bowl game coming up tomorrow.so i yelled and told my sister to stay in the house and when i walked through the bedroom to go outside, it was the first time i saw the two little girls, who were asleep on the bed. but when i went outside i dont remember what i dd except that my friend came out side and then i was just walking around. then she checked to see if my stepmom as actually dead, and when she did my stepmom "woke up". what i want to know is why didnt i check to see if she was really dead?? i mean, isnt that the first thing you would normally do?? and i love my stepmom like my own mother, maybe even more.why didnt i chech her and see??
but then as were were taking her back in to the house for some reason we went around the front and there was a man croughed in the yard with a handgun. he saw us, but did nothing more than point the gun and then lower it. i got the feeling that he was waiting for my dad to come home...??and then i think another man showed up, and i know there was more to it than that but i cant recall anything else.

so if anyone could please help me out, i would very much appreciate it.
this has been troubling me for the past few days.

thnk you,
Emily

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes.

Re: not dead stepmom.

Hi Emily,

Can you share what your thoughts are on the "Save the Children"? What is it and what thoughts were going through your head at the time. Can you also elaborate on the "Super Bowl" in the same way.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: not dead stepmom.

Mud is not normally a positive image.

Either your dream stepmom represents your real stepmom or she is a symbol from the unconscious.

If she is your real stepmom, then her being in the mud suggests (to me) a couple of possibilities. (1) This dream may be letting you know that she may not be quite as wonderful as you think. (2) Your relationship with her may be starting to deteriorate.

However, I suspect that she does not represent your real stepmom but is, rather, a symbol from the unconscious -- she is an archetype. She could be the shadow, the mother archetype or some unknown entity. If she is an archetype, her muddy condition probably means that she has not been getting much attention from you or that she has been treated poorly by you.

Notice that you did not go to her to wake her up. This is consistent with the interpretation that she (as an archetype) feels that you have not been treating her right.

When you went to take your stepmom back into the house, you saw a man crouched in the yard with a handgun. You wrote that you had the feeling that he was waiting for your dad to come out.

It sounds like the man with the gun is a symbol of your animus. During the course of numerous dreams, the animus may evolve and go through four stages of development. If the man is your animus, it looks like he is at the first stage. Often when an archetype does not get enough attention, he (or she) will become violent to other dream people.

So, how do you improve your relationships with these people? You have already taken a big step in the right direction. You have made a conscious decision to listen to your dreams and try and to understand what they mean.

Hope this helps.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present