Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Car bomb/accident

I'm driving a nice black car, and there is a lot of traffic. I don't know where I'm going, so for some weird reason, I park the car and walk on foot to the road where I'm trying to go. Once I figure out where I need to be, I go back to the car to drive there. At first I can't find the car, and my sister is calling me on her mobile telling me something is wrong. The car blew up after I left it, and it also had an accident. (I don't know if the accident was the reason I got out or not). My brother was in the car and now he is dead, or else severely injured.

I'm a bit worried about this dream and what it might mean. I'd appreciate any interpretations. Thanks,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Car bomb/accident

May,
My first sense is the nice black car is your willing unconscious {nice making it something you need/wish to realize}. The traffic are the emotions/aspects of self. Parking the car {the car is you} and going by foot may represent leaving behind conscious inhibitions and continuing your path using the intuitive, natural self as the guide. This grounds you in the basic and fundamental principles of the wise inner Self {the willing unconscious}. It prepares the consciou self for the journey ahead, provides direction.

But there are obstacles in transferring these unconscious messages {sister calling on mobile phone} of wisdom {intuitive, creative, spiritual?} to the conscious life.

The accident, the blown up car. I see this as a possible recent experience in your waking life that has become an obstacle in your journey. You probably sensed this thing was about to occur beforehand. Your brother may represent himself but most likely represents your animus.

I see the dream as a message more about your journey and some recent obstacle that has gotten the way. It may be an inner fear {lack of some active masculine aspect}. It could involve family members. I don't see it as any forecast of injury to others.

Let go the ego, trust the intuitive.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Dear Jerry,

Your dream interpretation is exactly right. I have recently moved (yet again), and this is a big transition for me that has required tremendous courage and going at it alone.....

It is actually a relief to branch out beyond the ego, into the realm of the intuitive, to let the true self be the real guide...

It is interesting that within a week after this dream I was informed of a death of a relative, who had been ill for some years and who I cared about very much. Since this dream, I have also not been able to recall a single dream with any detail or completeness.....

Your interpretation definitely resonated with me, and though I can't pinpoint exactly why, it was a comfort to read it.

I am definitely going through an important transition where I must carry on, but perhaps not in the way that I used to, much change is in order.

I actually have to read the text of the dream again and your interpretation to comment more.

Thanks Jerry

May

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Jerry,

In terms of obstacles I can definitely name quite a few, and in terms of the recent experience, I can also identify exactly what it is.

I have had to reevaluate important relationships in my life and to recognize that they are harmful to me and that I must have the courage to stand for my principles and live my best, no matter how difficult, rather than comprise and lower my standards to the whims of others who do not have my best interests in mind. Though it is disappointing and painful, if I can traverse this road, I will be better for it.

I am hoping that in the next few weeks, months that I will be able to get back into a situation where I do not have to depend on others but on myself and that I will be able to be independent and make my own better choices.

Indeed, a recent experience caused me to reevaluate my life. I hope that I will succeed in this new direction, which is more in line with my true self, and not what others would wish me to be.

It is interesting also that it was my sister who informed me of bad news in real life....but this is not related to the recent experiences which occured before the dream.

I hope I have more dreams that can offer me creative ways to rebuild my life and be empowered so that I do not have to depend financially, or emotionally on other people who do not have my best interests in mind, and who have actively and consciously acted in very hurtful ways to me, even though I trusted them.

Thank you so much Jerry.

May

May,
Just when things seem to be getting better something happens that makes you question your path. I spend a lot of time with physical fitness {since 1980} and recently have consciously lost weight and improved my health even more {I am relatively healthy to begin with} by having oral surgery {periodontal disease}. After the months of surgery and healing I had found new vigor and energy. I felt great. Then, without warning, I had a kidney stone. Anyone who has suffered through this minor physical impairment knows the dreadful pain that comes with it {women equate the pain to giving birth, some say it is even worse}. It really through for a loop. But I have survived and with my 'faith' in the 'journey' {hero journey prescribed by Joseph Campbell} I realize it was another test. No one is invincible. Life throws many stones and what one must do is not to venture from the path. The important thing to remember are the words of Campbell about the Hero's Journey: Life is a series of tests and revelations.
It has taken me several weeks to recoup but I have found a renewed energy, physically and psychologically. One indication of that is my renewed interest in dream interpretation. My intuitive Self seems to have discovered new life. I can point to my recent interpretations as an indication that is true {notice the changes I have made in the design of the Dream Forum page}.

So the advice is to stay the path. There will be moments of weakness but with every trial there will be new discoveries to point you in the right direction. Myth doesn't solve your problems, they are merely clues to how to solve them on your own. As with Luke Skywalker, the Force is with you and when you let go and let the Force take control you have crossed a threshold that is rewarding life renewing. I believe you will succeed because you have stayed the course. It is only a matter of time.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Dear Jerry,

Am glad you are doing better now and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thank you for the words of encouragement.

I have noticed the website changes, they are great.

All the best,

May

stats from 7-14-10 to the present