Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Out of Body Experience

My dream started as if I were flying similiar to a bird. I flew to each of my son's who don't live with me. I seemed to flutter above them, almost like I was checking on them. I also flew to my Mom's with the same intention. I could feel the sky and see the color's, I felt light and calm. I was wearing what seemed to be a white gown of sorts and it felt comfortable and soft. The strange thing is that I called each of the three and told them what I saw before they could tell me. I was right down to the way the covers were laying, the clothing they were wearing, where they were sleeping and it has disturbed me as well as them! What in the world is this?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Nashville, TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Out of Body Experience

Hi Lorigirl,

The thing that came up for me when I read your dream is the term "Participation Mystique" (aka projective identification). Why don't you Google it and see what you can find out.

The other thing about the white gown. Did you mean a dress, or a hospital gown? If it is the former then it could refer to a wedding dress, a union ritual which you will find out works out quite well with the "PM" direction.

Flying has many different meanings for different people, but in your case I feel it is emphasizing the word "fly" - fl on the wall - observing, which also works in quite well with the "PM" direction.

Amyway, that would be my take. Others may have other suggestions.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

lorigirl,
Often such 'dream' feelings translate into how your waking life is progressing in general. A woman who is caring mother {and daughter} who has a very good life in general 'is flying high'. Is your world full and harmoneous {colors}? White often signifies pure and innocence, peace happines, joy.

As for the clothing and bedding. Is there a possibility you unconsciously remember such items from visits to each son's home? If not there may be creedice to what Stephen posted. participation mystique.

Participation mystique describes the mystical connection or relationship that exists between a subject and object, between a person and some thing external. But the extrenal 'thing' is usually the relationship a person might have in a special relationship to a particular animal or tree in the wild {in primitive societies}. There is a relationship to the 'soul' between the person and the object,a projection of sorts. For more about participation mystique read All of Life Is a Projection.

Another article on the 'mystical' aspect of dreams that may interest you is Precognitive Dreams and Synchronicity.

Since you are in Nashville you may be interested in learning more about Jungian dream pychology in classes I hope to give in the near future {I live in Murfreesboro}. I will post the dates and locations on the
Myths-Dreams-Symbols website.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Thanks so much for your comments. I am going to investigate your kind offering of informational paths. I live close to where the classes would be offered and would be very interested to attend. Keep me posted on that if you would and again, thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Nashville, TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Dreams of this nature can imply astral travel, we have as human beings more than one body in which our state of consciouness operates on, and during our dream time our consciousness can shift or does shift into the astral plane, on this plane of reality we are generally at the whim of our unconsciousness which is reflected in symbols of varing degrees, however the mind can be trained to awaken and become aware at the level of the astral, wich is different to our physical reality in the sense that this reality responds to 'intention' rather than to force.

It seems that in your dream you adorned or found yourself in your astral body 'white gown' which felt comfortable and soft to you different planes have different textures and there are sublevels within levels of consciouness, whilst in your body and with clear 'intention' you were able to travel in the astral plane directing your consciousness at will, for some this art takes many years at practice howver you seem to have a natural knack for it alebeit in an unconscious way, it may be worth exploring this avenue, many great books have been written on astral travel.

Best to you Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Astral travel is subjective. I don't deny the possibilities but I think using the science of psychology is the best use for interpreting dreams. Freud, and especially Jung have provided the tools to understand how to interpret dreams. Astral travel, or lucid dreaming is for those who wish to have fun with dreams. The serious part of dreams is psychological, and therapeutic.

lorigirl,
I will keep you informed of any scheduled events. I had intended starting classes this spring but oral surgery and a kidney stone have delayed those intentions. Hopefully by summer I will have my 'act' together.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Indeed Jung and Freud have provided a solid framework within which to understand the dreaming mind, but to further the evolution of ones understanding surely it is necessary to expand ones consciousness beyond all facets of our everyday consciousness, to reference astral travel as flights of fun and enjoyment indicates that there is not a proper understanding of this shamanic healing practice. Unfortunately as with so many of the ancient traditions when they get to the west they are interpreted with the misunderstanding ego and how it relates to its own experience and limitations.

For example mention to anybody tantra and they associate it with sex where tantra was and is a tibetan practice and ritual of concentration and channeling ones energies in ways so as to bring about enlightenment, much the same as if one is to mention astral travel the general association would be made to out of body experiences during dream time, though this is true, much healing of ones mental emotional and spriritual predicaments take place whilst accessing this state of consciouness to dream is to enter ones astral body for it is the astral plane of consciousness in which all symbols of the unconsciouness are manifested in.

What is a symbol where do they appear to us in our dreams, we do not see these symbols with our physical eyes, so what eyes do we see these symbols with, do they manifest in the brain? how does a a three dimensional physical brain manifest symbols for us to 'see'? what do we see with? when we see these pictures storys colours unfolding, so many of these questions are unanswered by science science has not caught up with spiritual experience, any shamanic culture, esoteric pratice of healing, religion will make reference to the astral state of consciouness just as a thought is different from a feeling how do we define our thoughts from our feelings are they different in texture, shape and form, all these aspects of our energy give rise to different states of consciousness we experience, the astral being a level of consciouness we to do experience during our dream time, some however do choose to access this with their eyes open for what ever purpose it has to their healing journey, so astral travel can have profound implications to a persons life it can open their heart and faith to something that exists outside of the ordinary and become a catalyst for great healing to take place, Jung has made some remarakable contributions to understanding dreams but in his life time he was only able to achieve so much and there was so much he did not understand, this great volume of work has been furthered by many all over the planet and i believe for further understanding to become consciouss we need to open our minds greater possibilities of what the dreaming mind can offer and what better way to explore these possibilities than to awaken within the dreaming mind itself.

Best Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present