www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com

Read the following. Posted Dreams follows.

Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams reveal vital information that expose the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation metaphorical of the emotional energies and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    psychic dream precognative meaning

Dear Jerry
    I am considering buying a property. It is situated not far from a
    pretty pond with ducks and wildlife and the propery benifits from this
    feeling of space nearby although the otherside of the house is not
    such a good area. The area by the pond is called Willow Bank which I
    found attractive. I have been thinking that if I do continue with the
    purchase what to call the property. Last night, in a dream, I saw a
    piece of writing paper and on the bottom of the sheet was written the
    word Willow. I am both joyfull and concerned about the connection. I
    realise something including the word Willow would be a suitable name for the property but if the dream indicated an actual tree it is not so positive and may be telling me something about negative aspects on purchasing the property.

I wondered if you could throw some light on this dream..

Best Wishes

pauline

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: England over 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: psychic dream precognative meaning

Pauline,
    In your post you state "I am both joyful and concerned about the connection". Was that part of the dream language/emotions or is that an actual feeling you have in your waking life? The actual emotions of a dream can be important to the dream message.

My first impressions of a tree would be the tree being a symbolic representation of you, you are the tree. If that should be the case the language "but if the dream indicated an actual tree it is not so positive" could be focusing on your doubts about the purchase {the tree is not so positive}. But what is it the tree is not positive about? Something negative about the property or negative doubts about the purchase?

If the tree is a willow then perhaps the dream message is more about "branching out" as much as a negative response to purchasing the property. Does that {branching out} enter into the equation, a part of the negatives you have considered. That may not have anything to do with negatives about the property, just a part of the possible negatives you must consider in any major purchase.

What are the negatives of the purchase? Your narrative highlights many of the positives and it 'sounds' as if they are solid and something you really would enjoy. If this one dream is the only drawback to your decision I suggest you way the waking life positives against the negatives. The dream may be focusing on something other than the negatives about the property, something having to do with the tree, which would be you.

Have you researched the property and all involved with the purchase? If there is a warning that could be part of the equation. Have you thoroughly done your homework? Is everything settled as far as the financing, the changes the purchase may cause, the intangibles?

Let me know your response and perhaps we can discover more from that. Also if you can post more of the dream that would be helpful. Anything that helps clarify what the tree represents would be telling.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Pauline,

What you may also find usefule is the etymology of the word willow, which is,

Old English. welig, from Proto Germanic. *walg- (confer Old Saxon wilgia, Middle Dutch wilghe, Dutch wilg), probably from Proto Indo European *wel- "to turn, roll," with derivatives referring to curved, enclosing objects. The change in form to -ow (14th century) paralleled that of bellow and fellow. The more typical Germanic. word for the tree is represented by withy. Willowy "flexible and graceful" is attested from 1791.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Yes, the willow tree is a full and willowy tree and branches out into a graceful form. Does that description fit you or your intentions?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

stats from 7-14-10 to the present