Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
handless people

I keep having dreams about my boyfriend & I having sex...3 this week. I also dreamed that a female friend of mine, age 63 , was upset that her grandaughter, age 3, was not well liked by the grandaughters other grandmother. My friend was also having a problem with arthritis in her hands & was told that she needed copper in her life. She was told she needed to ride in a certain boat & thought that it was a ridiculous idea & refused. Later her husband figured out that the boat was copper.My friend was also ironing as she was telling me about her life.She was (to my waking dismay!) whiney.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52 ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: handless people

My mistake....this is not a handless people dream!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

kate,
Without more information about your sex dream it would been most difficult to say what their meaning{s} might be. I suggest you look in the Dream Dictionaries to help understand the possibilities.

As for the grandmother dream. Most likely the dream is addressing conflicts you may have had about your own life, perhaps your own granddaughter or even yourself as a child. Again, more info from the dream is needed to provide deeper insights to the possibilities.

The last part about your friend and arthritis. Is this part of the dream about her? If you could clarify and add to the dream language I may be able to better help you understand the possibilities. Providing as much of the dreams as you can is important to interpreting them. Fragments often only provide a partial understanding that may or may not be correct.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I can't remember much about the sex dreams but that they were passionate & pleasurable.
I had a dream last week about my own grandmother who was a fabulous, loving grandmother. She hugged & kissed me & told me that "things are different after age 20".I felt good for days that my garndmother had visited me in a dream.
My dream about my friend was her relaying to me the things that she was worried about...her grandaughters other grandmother didn't like the grandaughter,my friend had arthritis in her hand & someone told her that she needed copper & to ride in a certain boat & she refused, she was ironing & talking to me about these things.In reality my friend is a worrier, a hypochondriac...she thinks if she's tired that she might have cancer.I don't know what else to say. I wondered if the copper had to do with the alchemical process in reference to individuation.
Last night I dreamed that I used a toilet in public, at a party,with a man on one side & a woman on the other. They knew I was having a bowel movement but we all tried to act like it wasn't happening.It was humiliating.

kate,
Your dreams are about you. The dream about your friend is most likely addressing shared concerns that affect you. She would represent some aspect of your psyche. She could represent be your shadow.

Cooper often symbolizes the power of healing. Refusing to change, or transcend {boat}, perhaps she represents a fear of being like her. Arthritis of the hands may symbolize inabilities to confront inner conflicts. Investigate the possibilities she may represent in your life. Also look at the relationships of grandmothers and granddaughter in your life. There may be something there that has not been reconciled. Could there be unresolved childhood issues in your life?

As for your last dream. Using the toilet in the public is often needing/wanting to expose something within. A man on one side and a woman on the other suggests a balance of some sort. The bowel movement {act like it wasn't happening} may represent not acknowledging some inner conflict. To do so may be humiliating, not necessarily to others but to yourself.

Let me know your thoughts to the above. A little Freudian couch time {back and forth, talking about these things} may provide insights to these dreams.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Thank you.
My conflicts right now seem to center around career & money. I feel like things are bordering on hopelessness. There seems to be in midlife an awareness that it really is too late for some things! I feel like I haven't made good choices and that they have resulted in me never making very good money. I'm so sad that I've never really traveled b/c I couldn't afford to & that I'll die without ever seeing any of this world. If I admit it & talk about it I guess I'm afraid that it sounds like I'm whining. (my friend in the dream is kind of whiney & spoiled) I'm afraid that people would say that I don't deserve to travel or have a vacation b/c I didn't finish college, or I made a stupid decision to refinance my house & now it won't sell, etc. Money is huge in this life & I've failed. It feels like a reflection of who I am. I have a deep sadness about money & career.
I dreamed last night that I had quadruplets...4 boys. A woman that 2 were identical & the other 2 looked just like them!

kate,
"If I admit it & talk about it I guess I'm afraid that it sounds like I'm whining".

That fits with the 'using the toilet in the public is often needing/wanting to expose something within'. You can see the association of the whiny person in your dream {my friend in the dream is kind of whiney & spoiled}.
The longer you hold it in the worse it becomes. You must confront this attitude and seek advice and understanding. I can understand the desire to do so but as long as it boils inside there is little chance of a healing process. One thing I have learned about us Boomers is a general healing is required, individually and collectively.

Another important aspect of our psyche is material worth vs. a true identity. A focus on materials never brings about lasting happiness {although such things tend to dictate how we live and survive}. I suggest you read my last post to Alan's Dream concerning the creative Self and the Individuation Process. Perhaps this will provide new perspectives for you.

As for your dream from last night. The number four is often symbolic of balance and harmony. Having for boys may suggest your balance lies within the masculine aspect of your psyche, a need to take control, persevere, overcome those obstacles that bind you to the negatives in your life. The same may be applied to your husband {two identical twins}.
I will ask you to investigate the links to Individuation. And by all means seek out someone who will listen to your story. It is an important story and once it is 'let out' the healing will begin. The secret to any psychological abnormality {we boomers all have at least one} is to talk about it. That in itself is a natural therapeutic experience.

Gerard

Thank you...are you a jungian analyst?
I dreamed last night that I was at my old therapist's office (she was jungian) & she told me that she loved my top...she said it looked clean & fresh. I told her were I got it & that it was only $30.00. She said that she wanted one & that the store was next to one of her favorite restaurants. It is also one of my favorites & I wanted to say "let's have lunch" but I thought she would say she could'nt b/c of our patient/ therapist relationship. I felt kind of " less" than her.
She said that I could only come back if I could commit to coming every week. I told her that I couldn't afford to come that often.I explained my insurance having a $5000.00 deductible. She asked why I was there & wanted to know if it was a "man problem" & I said no , that we had been together 6 yrs. & while some times had been really hard that we had stuck it out . I explained that it was my career & money & she kind of rolled her eyes like "haven't we been through this already".

kate,
Thanks for your follow-up post. Although I try to provide the best interpretation of a dream with my initial post, it often requires further discussion to determine the true message of a dream. Dream symbols are seldom precise in what they wish to address, many of which are tied to personal waking experiences for which only the dreamer can discern their place. A skillful interpreter of dreams can read the perimeters of the dream message but is often limited in understanding the individual and personal experiences that are the stimulus of a dream.

I am not a Jungian analyst. I have studied Jungian psyche for the past 15 years and have 10 years of practical experience in interpreting dreams, most of which is from the MDS Dream Forum {which I am the host and WebMaster}. I am fortunate to have a deep intuitive sense that provides insights to dreams. I tend to think I am able to read dreams more so than just interpreting them. Reading dreams goes beyond just an interpretation, it requires a 'intuitive' reading of the motifs, symbols and metaphorical references with a dream. The intuitive aspect is inherent but must be developed over time, and with practical experience. Being able to understand dreams is an aspect of my creative Self, and a part of my personal journey to wholeness through Jung's Individuation Process.

As for your last dream. The Jungian analyst is you, your self inspection/analyse that is beginning to realize the deeper aspects of your inner self. What you find is new and refreshing {your top...your thinking aspect}. The inner self is probably being rewarded more so than the ego self which indicates there is more work to be done. The is always 'less' than the inner self and requires work in reconciling the two {could commit to coming every week}. The $30 would represent something not quite complete {the number 4 would symbolize wholeness/completion}.

The rest of the dream most likely is addressing one of the primary reasons for not being able to give the time required for a total self examination. And that problem is universal.
"I explained that it was my career & money".

Social duty and being too attached to the ego. Once you begin to take an interest in your dreams, you enter a world much different from the ego centered world. Social duty is often the barrier that prevents a person from seeking, and realizing those deep inner aspects that controls the waking life. All that you do in life has reason, and most often a stimulus for doing them. And more often than not they are unconscious motivations. They come from past personal experiences where the emotional life is damaged or altered and must undergo a healing process before balance is restored to the waking life. Very often these unconscious stimuli start in childhood and left untreated grow into something that can unconsciously take control of the waking life. We all share these unconscious aspects. We need only to determine the roots of those unconscious motivations to institute a natural healing process. That is the primary focus of this forum, and a part of my own journey of self realization. If i help provide insights to your dreams I believe i am providing my own soul with a spiritual aspect which is a natural part of the hero path. We all have a hero/heroine path to follow. But first we must learn to overcome social duty and ego centered actions.

I believe this last dream is an indication you have entered into that world of self realization. Where you go from here is up to you. Life is full of trails and revelations. A life that is centered on the creative/ positive aspects has a better chance of 'completion/wholeness'. At least that is the theory of Carl Jung, and my own experiences of my personal journey. Myths-Dreams-Symbols and the MDS Dream Forum are my realizations.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you Gerard...I admire your work & dedication.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present