Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snow field & Cedar mountain

Greetings All,
Very little dream recall for some time now. This is from this morning.

Dream:
Riding around with two friends (I’m in back seat). No plans, just kicking around enjoying the day & relaxing. We stop at a quarry. Get out of the car. Standing at the edge of the quarry, talking, looking out over an expansive snow field (brilliant white, snow glittering in the sun).

We stand around talking, one friend knows the area directs our attention to far distance, to the right three large mounds in a row. Even at this distance I can tell they're the size of mountains. He says the middle mound is ?ash, ?recycled something trucked in from somewhere else. The other two are sand and gravel mined from the quarry.

Explains some time ago cedar trees spontaneously started to grow on the middle mound, no one knows why only on this one, or how because it’s basically waste material. Was left undisturbed and now the mountain is covered with cedar trees. Remarkable & so unusual, amazing to see. It'll be a along walk but I want to see this. I say let's go and we start off walking across the snow field.

Walking, talking, long way, ground changes, resembles the reservoir bed (in winter at low water level)...rocks, bits of leaves, bark, sticks, etc. I drop back a few paces from the other two, smoking a cigarette and don't want to expose them to it. I field strip the cig to pocket the filter. The fire ball lands on a piece of dried bark. Step on it to put it out, (wearing my waking life black army hiking boots), but the fire ball breaks up scattering. Uh-oh don't want the bark and now bits of leaves & sticks to ignite. Bend down picking up something? to smother the bits of fire. The guys look back to see where I'm at. Tell them I'm smothering the fire bits be there in a minute.

Getting closer, still at a distance, can see green cedar trees covering the mountain.

We arrive at the base of cedar tree mountain, looking up the mountain side. It truly is beautiful, so many cedar trees with long wispy green needles on brown branches swaying in the wind. Smiling, very peaceful. He says to us I told you it was amazingly beautiful.

Notes:
1. Dream quarry is waking life reservoir in winter. Would be a perfect winter day at the reservoir – not cold, high 20’s, no wind, sun, snow cover. Haven’t hiked much this season but was there to watch the Feb lunar eclipse.
2. Significance to field strip and black army style hiking boots, both real waking items, may be discipline.

Pertaining to waking life I think the dream may describe a desire to get structure back – work life balance, park & exercise time, work fewer hours on an actual schedule. (I’m a structure type for regular daily stuff – meals, sleep, exercise, etc. yet fluid/flexible in other stuff.) Yet know this is difficult – have attempted several times yet past efforts stymied by chaotic job and work load demands. Maybe the dream is describing a way to get what I need -to work with the chaos factor rather than against it? Try to work fewer hours but too much to do – Catch 22 –I work less one week then spend several grinding weeks to catch up ending up exhausted again. The cycle repeats.

Another theme may be about seclusion and rejoining social life - spontaneous, unplanned interactions with new people keeps occuring in waking life since Sept. Not sure if this is the dream theme.

Thoughts, ideas, insights greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Snow field & Cedar mountain

Kathy,
Have you recently overcome an obstacle in your life that has persistantly provided emotional conflict? The structure that you require, perhaps getting back to that state of being has been the obstacle. It involves social requirements {two mounds made of natural ingredients, sand and gravel. The third was recycled material}. What was waste is now growing in a natural way, what may seem remarkable but may be the result of your efforts to change it.

But this 'thing' is still a possible threat to re-ignite. Strength and perserverence, discipline {the two are now male} made be required. The cycle repeats itself. How do you handle that?

to work with the chaos factor rather than against it! is that not the logical thing to do. It has to be done so perhaps by going with the flow will make it less of a conflict.
I know that it works best for me when I go with the flow. But it can be very difficult to do, especially since I have discovered my true calling and creative Self. The conflict is between the demands of social duty vs those desires of the soul.

looking up the mountain side. Smiling, very peaceful. He says to us I told you it was amazingly beautiful.

That makes think of something Joseph Campbell often spoke of. Life is all sorrowful but you must accept it for what it is. Even with conflict, keeping the smile, living life from that 'heroic' aspect of the quest {spiritual}. Many trials, but with very trial that is overcome, new revelations, new knowledge is provided.

From your conclusions I believe you have a good grasp of this dream theme. There is a very positive tone to the dream. If the actual experiences of the social requirements have been less positive, perhaps that is about to change and become more positive. If there is a precognative aspect to dreams then I believe it would be presented in such a way this dream structured {especially if your actual waking experiences have been less positive}.
An Omen perhaps?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Snow field & Cedar mountain

Trees often convey in dreams ones emotional growth, Your dream hints at the possibility that this beautiful display of emotional growth has arisen out of the 'ashes' implying that this aspect of your growth has arisen out of your past emotional conflicts through which all growth is based on, as we integrate our emotional world we mature and grow. The Cedar tree is one that is an evergreen, symbolically it stands for growth within your heart, its ability to sustain its pine like leaves all year tells us something about the positive growth that has taken place, it stands strong and un-weathered, ie nothing can really detract from it its 'evergreen' nature, and within your psyche this growth constantly seeds itself.

The start of your dream seems to hint at the your current take on your inner life, the males representing aspects of your masculine mind, your thoughts, behaviour and attitudes, the self reflecting part of ones self the aspect of the mind that penetrates our own inner self that part of the mind with which we formulate opinions and ideas it is the active doing aspect of out nature.

The quarry would suggest that there is an unearthing of something, it represents a land mark with in your own self where there was a digging or mining into ones own nature, an aspect of mind 'male friend' knows this territory well and in your dream is bringing your attention to something that has taken place within yourself. Through some pattern of your own thinking 'he' is directing you to form some positive opinion/belief about yourself based on your past emotional growth, its the self reflective mind at play.

Sometimes growth we go through can be emotionally exhausting and just when we think we have no way out deep within the unconscious a knitting takes place and from out of it we merge regenerated, new evergreen.
That masculine aspect of your psyche discloses this 'understanding' commenting some time ago cedar trees spontaneously started to grow on the middle mound, no one knows why only on this one, or how because it’s basically waste material. Was left undisturbed and now the mountain is covered with cedar trees.

I'm wandering if your dream on some level is reflecting where you are in relation to how your viewing your inner life at this present time, initially you seem to be driven by your thinking, mind in relation to how your viewing your inner world and past growth, has there been a cause for this recently to revisit some part of your life your initially looking at this over snow covered fields, what do these represent to you? emotional coldness in comparison to what you have previously discovered/experienced in your past, to what previously existed for you, through this self reflection it seems that you are reconnecting to what has grown within you, and what your needs are! Just some ideas and avenues to explore, take of course what suits and leave the rest.

Best to you
Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present