Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Evil Alex?

I would consider myself a nice guy, but for the past five years I have been having a reoccuring dream that is really starting to trouble me. It starts with me walking to the shopping center, were I grew up, with my best friend. We are both about 16(age). We get arrive at the shopping center and then it gets dark. I am standing face to face with... myself? There is a slight diffrence to this version of me, he seems slightly bigger,stronger,and dressed in black w/ dark sun glasses. I am a pretty big guy, im 6'1 270lbs. but this guy really scares me. Then we are in a boxing ring. As he removes his sun glasses I notice his eyes are red. I figured since I was a golden gloves boxer, thats why we were in a ring. We fight for a couple of rounds and he matches me hit for hit. I find myself getting tired but he looks as though he isn't tired in the slightest. The more I have this dream the closer I get to being Knocked Out bt I always awake before any hard blow. This has been a reoccuring dream and untill last week thats all I thought of it, A Dream. But last week he landed the blow. I awoke startled... and bleeding, my nose was bleeding and my pillow was soaked. What does this mean? I am scared that if he does "Knock me Out" I will not wake.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21 Dallas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Evil Alex?

Alex,
First of all, are there any experiences from 5 years ago when these dreams began that you may or may not want to remember? Were there any experiences when you were 16 that were emotionally memorable? Memorable but something distressful you would not want to remember them. That could provide clues to the dream message. At such an early age when the ego is still very much in its formative stages, emotional experiences that may seemed benign at the time may have unconsciously thought different {often the unconscious will see things differently than the ego conscious self may recognize}.

Other than that the dream seems to be addressing conflict within yourself. You against you is a definite theme. Often the opening of a dream that depicts an earlier age holds associations to that period of time {the reason for my question above}.

"Standing face to face with myself". That statement alone suggests unresolved inner conflict. The other 'self' is bigger than you, perhaps suggesting a need/desire to be 'bigger' than you, not the size of the body but the ego experiences that remain unresolved. Something bigger, an experience{s} that needs recognition and/or resolution.

You are tired of the inner conflict {unconsciously if not consciously}. Waking up before 'any hard blow' may suggest repressing aspects of this inner conflict.

Then the hard blow is landed. That may suggest you are ready to confront this other you, the past experience that causes the inner conflict. By waking up just at the time the pain is about to set in, again a sign you may be repressing something.

What was your life like when you were 16? Were there any experiences during that time that you do not wish to acknowledge? The dream suggests something along that line. Since the dream is recurring it must be ready to be acknowledged, or should be acknowledged. Let me know your answer and then we will go from there.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I have alway had it pretty hard. I am the oldest of 4 and often played the role of mom and dad. My best friend had a similar situation. As far as a turning point at the age of 16, i dont recall any major event other than the responsabilites above. the dreams reoccur but not every night or even every week, sometimes I go months with out any. Did my dream cause the nose bleed?

Alex,
Knowing you experienced a 'hard' childhood could explain these dreams. Most often 'hard' childhoods don't just disappear when you grow into an adult, they {emotional experiences} remain within the unconscious seeking attention and resolution. That could explain the symbolic sentence of being 'dressed in black w/ dark sun glasses' which would represent unconscious experiences. And boxing is definitely a sport of conflict, another symbolic gesture addressing conflicts that remain from childhood. The friend in school at 16 would be an person you would identify with, having the same 'hard' childhoods. That would explain the age 16 inclusion in your dream.

Often such reflections start to appear much later in life, often at mid-life when there are psychological changes. It may be that having such recurring dream so early in life indicates something that needs an immediate attention.
'But last week he landed the blow. I awoke startled'

Perhaps the time is at hand that the blow landed is the psyche trying to get your conscious mind to focus on those past 'hard' childhood experiences. Such harmful childhoods can be controlling in the adult life, emotional influences hidden deep within the psyche only to resurface later. A child growing up suffering emotional and/or physical abuse or neglect carries over into adult life. Often the child who was abused turns into an abuser. In the least the person suffers emotionally and if not properly acknowledged and put into proper perspective can damage the adult life.

Are there such emotional childhood issues in your life that remain unresolved? Is the boxing ring in your dreams the conflicts in your waking life that endures round after round of emotional conflict that are associated with childhood? Such dreams are common when emotional issues are unresolved.

Your thoughts?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I do have some resent to my parents but thought I have cleared that up. When I left for college my counsouler advised me to stay away from home because they but to much on me but when i was away i got word of how the house was slowly starting to crumble, this hurt but what hurt more was my sibling thinking I abandoned them. I have tried to resolve this but to no avail.

when we fight, We are alone does this mean anything?

stats from 7-14-10 to the present