Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
weird dream

hi, first time to post here, i had this really weird dream 2 nights ago. It wasn't a nightmare or anything creepy, but just really strange.

I was at the beach (really nice beach, sun's out, water's calm and blue) with my little brother (my real one, who's 10 years younger than me).

Behind the beach there's an old mansion/large house. The colour is quite dark (dark brown almost). It also seems quite old. There are only 2 people in the house, an old man with glasses and his servant (they do not resemble anyone I know in real life). My brother and I would visit the house about 4, 5 times in my dream. They are more like cut-scenes from movies where one moment we're in the house talking with the old man, then the next we're back at the beach.

The old man was only alive the first time, we spoke but seems like our voices has been mute (like watching mute TV...but it's only our voices). The next 3, 4 times I know he died; and whenever I thought about it I cried, not just crying in my dreams but actually CRYING physically. The finally time it happened I just got up and didn't go back to sleep.

*oh, somewhere between the 2nd or 3rd time we "flash" back into the house...my bro and i were at the beach, sitting down on a rock that stretched out from the beach to the sea (for about 10 metres), a baby seal swam up to us and crawled onto the rock and played with my brother.

Can anyone interpret this?
I can't get anywhere near what it's trying to tell me. The only thing I could think of is the Wise Old Man dying

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22, england

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: weird dream

Loki,
Welcome to the world of dreams. Hopefully I will be able to provide insights to your dreams, and your life. That is what dreams are about, you and your emotional life. Your psychology.

Since your younger brother is prominent in this dream my question would be what experiences do the two of you share in real life? At your age real brothers are most often representative of himself rather than being symbolic. This may require you to go back to earlier times and access the shared experiences.

Before I go down that path let me ask this question. Are there any traumatic experiences of psychological or physical abuse in your life? The problem with dreams of someone your age is trying to sort out the waking life experiences from the deeper psychological experiences. If you will clarify {honestly} the possibilities of the later then perhaps there will be clarity in assessing your dream message. The CRYING physically could be a reference to a psychological aspect, the deeper self.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

hello!
thanks for the reply...

in real life, i get on really well with my brother, and in the dream we were having fun at the beach.

As for the abuse part, well no I think I have a very decent childhood, can't complain too much about that hahaha. Maybe since I'm Chinese, my parents may be a bit authoritarian at times, but they are really far and few.

I actually have a feeling it's related to more current events (it's just a gut feeling).

Thanks!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

The Old Man...

I was at the train station catching a train and I saw a man that looked very much like the man that died in my dream. He smiled and nod at me...that creeped me out a bit.

But then he just walked off in the other direction while I sat there not daring to move!

Loki,
"I actually have a feeling it's related to more current events (it's just a gut feeling)".
If it is your 'gut' feeling, an intuitive sense, then we should go down that path. Dreams are much to do about gut feelings.

Behind the beach was an old mansion/large house. Their shared experiences with your brother {he is prominent in the dream} makes me believe the dream is addressing shared experiences in actual life. Have you examined that aspect? And the old man. Looking back to the past, were there any shared experiences that involved 'dark', perhaps memorial? At your age and with your gut feelings I don't believe these symbols are representing inner aspects {old man representing some masculine aspect you possess}. At least not as a major theme. Most likely there is actual waking experiences being addressed from the past that has been brought forth to the present {which would suggest a stimulus recently about these past experiences}. Take some time and review this possibility and let me know the results.

The importance of age when interpreting dreams

The simple way to look at how to discern the difference is:
A younger person's dream {especially before the age of 30} would focus more on the outer life. The ego, career, personality are still in the construction stages.

An older person's dream would focus more on the inner life {especially after the age of 40}. The past is what comes up more often, reflecting.

Of course the individual psyche is what determines the dream makeup and what it is trying to communicate to the dreamer. We are all different. The difficulty is more with interpreting a younger person's dream more so than an older person. Dream symbols are more explicit for an older person whereas a younger person is addressing current life experiences as opposed to accumulated past experiences {which old folk naturally do, in their dreams and their waking life}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you.
I'll take some time to reflect on this and see what I dig up.

Thank you!!

Re: Re: weird dream

I had a second dream last night, I am not sure if it's connected to the first. But I don't feel as emotional about this dream than the last, at least I didn't cry.

I am at a tube station (I know it's in London, although nothing there seems to resemble it). A girl friend of mine came over and told me I need to get on the tube and head for a station called "Leah", it's the final terminal station of the line (that line has no name, she but it's red on the tube map, it's almost vertical). She also told me to look out for a station called "Hull", which is around the middle of the line and it's a bit bigger, I think it's those transition stops linking other lines?

Well I got on the tube, it's packed so I had to stand (quite near the entrance). Anyway a while later I suddenly felt that my wallet is gone. I looked around and saw a man (he resembles a Mexican) putting something into his backpack, he was standing next to me so I just whispered into his ear: "give my wallet back". He seemed shocked, surprised that I know it's him. But he quietly complied and gave my wallet back. However, he also took out a small black umbrella (which somehow I also know is mine...) and gave it back to me. I checked the contents of my wallet and found I lost a few coins (one pound coins...). But I didn't ask him for them.

Then, I noticed another girl friend of mine (she's quite a bit older than me) standing further down the train. I think she was with her friends though they didn't talk. She got off some time later at a station called "Lorraine".

That's the end really, I woke up before getting to the terminal station.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22, Bath (UK)

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? YES

howcome my newest dream ended up in the middle of the thread?!

repost, see if it appears at the bottom of the thread this time...

I had a second dream last night, I am not sure if it's connected to the first. But I don't feel as emotional about this dream than the last, at least I didn't cry.

I am at a tube station (I know it's in London, although nothing there seems to resemble it). A girl friend of mine came over and told me I need to get on the tube and head for a station called "Leah", it's the final terminal station of the line (that line has no name, she but it's red on the tube map, it's almost vertical). She also told me to look out for a station called "Hull", which is around the middle of the line and it's a bit bigger, I think it's those transition stops linking other lines?

Well I got on the tube, it's packed so I had to stand (quite near the entrance). Anyway a while later I suddenly felt that my wallet is gone. I looked around and saw a man (he resembles a Mexican) putting something into his backpack, he was standing next to me so I just whispered into his ear: "give my wallet back". He seemed shocked, surprised that I know it's him. But he quietly complied and gave my wallet back. However, he also took out a small black umbrella (which somehow I also know is mine...) and gave it back to me. I checked the contents of my wallet and found I lost a few coins (one pound coins...). But I didn't ask him for them.

Then, I noticed another girl friend of mine (she's quite a bit older than me) standing further down the train. I think she was with her friends though they didn't talk. She got off some time later at a station called "Lorraine".

That's the end really, I woke up before getting to the terminal station.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present