Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rocking horse dream

Hi, I was dreaming of being in my bed and dozing awake to find a rocking horse that is usually in my cupboard and that was made by my grandfather (deceased), was moving on it's own towards the bed.

It then turned to it's right and moved alongside the bed.

I then later found i could control it myself and pushed it backwards.

Later i had got out of bed and was manically pointing my finger index right hand at the water bottle on the floor and causing it to move.

It was as if i was drunk with the power of this ability.

Athe time i was asleep i should have been in college. maybe this had something to do with the dream?....

Thanks

Ed

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 London UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Rocking horse dream

Ed,
I believe the bed and cupboard point to unconscious contents that are 'moving' forward and ready to become conscious {pointing to the unconscious is common opening language in many dreams}. The rocking horse could represent personal experiences {was there an actual rocking horse in your childhood}. But it could very well represent a 'rocking' horse with the horse being symbolic of psychic energy or some other representations. That energy may be related to an experience related with your grandfather.

Moving right along aside the bed along with pushing it backwards suggests repressing these energies that need to be acknowledged {acknowledgement being the first step in the healing process}.

But it could also represent an element of controlling certain aspects in your life. The 'power' may be something you possess in some aspect. Exactly what that is again may be personal experiences that only you can discern.

You state the dream may be related to a need to be in college. Was there something that left this impression from the dream? Clarity is needed to understand the symbolic nature of the dream. Look at my suggestions and determine what may fit. If you can provide any personal experiences that will provide light to the dream message the symbolic rocking horse may be exposed as to its relevance.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard, thankyou for your reply to my dream!

please let me get back to this tommorow..i will thaink about it properley and post as such!

thankyou!!!

Ed

Sorry for not replying earlier, bhave been very busy!

over the last couple of days ive learnt that i don't listen to people..

the rocking horse may have symbolised that im a learner/begginer...and that i don't have all the answers..

perhaps the power bit was my ego thinking it was overcapable..

just for clarity my grandfather made the rocking horse when i was young kid..and i loved him very much and listened to him..

thanks

Ed

stats from 7-14-10 to the present