Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Narrow bridge/Falling

Ok, I started typing my dream and it did this thing like I hit the back button. I think I lost it but if it some how posted and I missed it sorry. It wasn't done anyways.

My dream starts with me being in what's supposed to be a small town but all it is is this building that's like sitting on a cloud. There's one way in and out and it's a narrow dirt path just wide enough to allow one way traffic on either side. It's like a bridge but it's solid all the way down to the ground. At first I'm in front of this building and there's just people walking around everywhere like it's a normal day. Then I'm starting to go across this dirt road and while I'm sitting in my car it's like I get to the other side and there's something over there I have to tell my friend about so I turn around and go back to get her. But I never fully crossed the dirt road, and never got out of my car. It's almost like I saw it in my head but I have no idea what my dream me was seeing, I was actually watching myself do this instead of looking through my eyes.

I go get my friend and we start over this dirt road again and for some reason I swerve slightly to the right and before I can swerve back it's too late, we've gone over the edge. (There was no guard rails it was open on both sides) and we're falling at first in the car and then the car disappears and we're just free falling by ourselves. I look below and all I can see is white, I think it's clouds. At this point I'm actually looking through my eyes and not watching myself) and we finally hit the bottom, alive. No broken bones no scratches nothing. We fell into snow. I can tell something is bothering my friend and I know in part it's because I nearly killed us but there's more to it. There's houses nearby and some women come running towards us, my friend knows them. Somehow they get us back up to where we were, this weird building in the sky, and I can't get over how my friend looks, she seems very upset. The friend of hers is trying to tell me something about my friend, why she's upset but she's not saying anything I can just read it in her eyes.

The dream ends, I never find out what's wrong and I never find out where I'm at or what's on the other side of this "bridge" And what's even weirder is that I got the dejavu feeling with it, I'm sure I've had this dream before but I don't know if all the people were the same. And I actually did tell my friend about it, the one that was in the dream but she has no idea what it means. Nothing serious is bothering her and I already know about her one current problem. She suggested I try here and see what someone else can interpret from the dream. Thanks for any help.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23, California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Narrow bridge/Falling

Hi Leeann,

Have you heard of the idiom "Driven over the edge"? It's meaning is - if an unpleasant event pushes someone over the edge, it makes them start to behave in a crazy way.

Does this have any relevance in your real life? Maybe within the last few weeks.

As you are driving it may be an attitude/belief you have created, that is pushing you over the edge, or someone else. To act crazy is also to act irrationally.

Does any of this click with you.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, I have heard of that. And that sounds like good cause for the dream. I do infact have someone in my life right now who hasn't pushed me "over" the edge (yet) but he's really been pushing me lately and I've been feeling like I'm getting to the point where I'mg going to explode, or go over the edge. And he's been making me very upset and angry and most of it's pent up anger because I haven't really been able to express it.

And actually I have been thinking a lot about all my pent up anger because I've been afraid that once it all comes out that it's going to come out BAD. I guess that really does make sense then.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Leeann,

Is the frind in your dream the person connected with the person who is pushing you in real life?

If not, will you describe the personality traits of your friend, based on real life experience. What is he/she like as a person?

Now, I don;t know if this is relevant or not, but there is a God that was pushed over the edge (of Olympus) and that was Hephaestus. When he was born one of his parents cast him out of Olympus. It depends on which myth you read as to whether it was Zeus or Hera. Hephaestus was the only God that "worked". So how does this relate to feminine psychology? I think that just as the persona/ego can be dominated by a god-like energy, so can the Animus/Anima. And the interaction of the Persona/ego and the Animus is the myth that were written all those years ago. If this is the case then there are a couple of myths featuring Hephaestus. The one with his parents, and the one with Aphrodite (Venus). But seeing the city is up in the clouds in the dream, I would say that it relates more to the Zeus/Hera one. So it would be a feeling of "not belonging". Does any of this click with you?

The other thing about Hephaestus was that he had a club foot. Are you currently exhibiting any physical sensations with your feet? Just a guess here.

Stephen

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

No, the friend in my dream isn’t the person who’s pushing me in real life. They have no connection at all.

This friend is a very caring person who I feel does whatever it takes to make everyone else around her happy even if it means her being unhappy. She’s a very caring person who always looks for the best in people and never for their faults. Very kind of happy go lucky, even when she’s unhappy or not every thing is going well for her she still tries her best to always look at the positive. Very NON-Judgmental. She’s like a free spirit who lives on “live and let live, to each their own.”

I was thinking that maybe the thing with my friend is just because of the way I am. I’ve always been a problem solver, but only when it comes to friends and family. I’ve always felt the need to help everyone else out and fix everyone else’s lives. I hate to see the people in pain or upset, it’s always hurt me when others were hurt, and frustrated me when I couldn’t do anything about it. She’s been having a problem lately and I’ve been talking to her about it and maybe that was just what it was about?

I know nothing of mythology but what you described to me, the whole “not belonging” really clicks with me. I moved two years ago from what I pretty much call my hometown. I wasn’t born there but I did Jr. High, High School and a few years after that, 10 years of my life to be exact. And every since I’ve moved to this new place I’ve felt like I don’t belong and have had nothing but a longing to leave and move back to my hometown.

No nothing with my feet. I was wondering about the whole “bridge” thing. About there being something on the other side that I wanted to get to and I couldn’t get to it, wasn’t able to cross the “bridge” and what’s on the other side?

Ok Leeann, let's explore this line of thinking and see where it leads you.

There's a point why your friend is in the dream. It is easier for us humans to accept certain traits when they belong to another person. A dream is like going to the movies. Everything you see in front of you is the result of images being projected from a single source, being the projector. You are the projector and therefore everything that you see happens comes out of you. Therefore it is not your friends traits, but your own. Bearing that in mind, are you currently in a situation where you are making another person happy even if it makes you unhappy? And if that is the case, could this be somehow connected with why you feel like you don't belong. If you are being as person that you are not suppose to be, wouldn't that also give you feelings of not belonging. And this is what is pushing the real you over the edge. Who's life are you living when you don't live YOUR own life?

The 'bridge' can be looked at getting from one state to another. From here to there. T0 get you where you want to be. But, the symbol in your dream seems more like a 'ramp' as it is solid all the way down to the ground. It sort of reminds me of the theory of how the pyramids were built with a dirt ramp leading to the apex. it's definition is "an inclined surface that connects two levels". So then, could it be that the dream is commenting on - if you continue to exhibit the traits (of your friend) you won't get to the next level, which will be for you, to feel like you belong.

How does that sound to you?

Stephen

I think what I’ve gotten from this is that maybe my dream is trying to tell me that I’m working to hard to make someone else, or just everyone else, happy and I’m not thinking about my own happiness. Maybe I need to work more on making myself happy.

I had another dream recently that I didn’t know what to make out of it and I think the two (this one and my newest one) may be connected, trying to tell me that I’m working too hard on trying to make this other person, in my other dream, happy and not caring about my own happiness.

Hi Leeann,

Now that the deram seems to make sense to you it is up to you to consciously accept the overall dream comment, or ignore it. You can do either, but if you choose to accept it, then it is vitally important that you conduct some sort of ritual that pays homage to the dreams comment. Seeing it is about taking a bit more attention to what makes you happy, then figure out what sort of things make you happy and buy it, make it, cook it, irrespective of what friends, family, society, government or the media would think of you if they found out. Jsut as long as the ritual doesn't harm yourself or any other living creature.

good luck to you getting to the next level. I'm sure you can make it.

Stephen

Thank you for all your help, I think I've gotten a good understanding of the dream. Now I just need to work on making myself happy.

Stephen and LeeAnn,
Excellent dialog of the dream. When there is a proper dialog between the dreamer and interpreter there is almost always a successful understanding of the dream content. Stephen has a great knowledge of Jungian psyche and LeeAnn's willingness to share her thoughts and to take the time to analyze her own emotions have provided an excellent conclusion to this particular dream. Working together is the key.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58

stats from 7-14-10 to the present