Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Healing Enterprise

This is a series of dream scenes from one night.

I go to the yoga studio and meet with Laura and Suzette. I feel I am to receive a training/initiation into healing. Laura and I lay down on a large, slightly elevated platform that is covered with a mat pad. The platform is the same as those in the Physical Therapy Lab Room at my school. We are close, but not so close as to be touching one another. The platform is about the size of a king sized bed. We are lying on our left sides, facing the same direction as one another. The hip and knee joints of our left legs are each flexed at about a 30 degree angle and set just in front of our bodies to provide stability. Laura raises her right leg and begins gently touching/tapping the inside of her left leg with toes of her right foot, from top to bottom. Seeing her motion, I begin doing the same thing. Next, Suzette comes over, crouches next to me, opens her mouth wide and locks her lips on my neck. I am still lying on my side. She massages my neck with her tongue. I have a deeply sensuous, healing feeling. The whole area of my neck (5th chakra) is infused with a profoundly sensuous energy, such that it emanates into my upper chest and head. While this is a very intimate feeling, it is clear to me that Suzette’s only intent is to pass on/transmit a healing energy to me. This is, to her, about the business of healing. As I leave, Laura tells me to, “Call anytime, we are always here at the studio."

I am walking by a row of houses that gives me thought reference to the homes on Wrightwood Avenue that I knew in my childhood. I am mostly observing the painting of the trim around the windows of these homes, which is fresh. Without seeing him, I “hear” John Barnett make a comment regarding how nice the windows look freshly painted. I know that he feels proud of his work.

I am visiting with a friend in her home. It feels I am stopping there to get something. The woman is “enterprising.” In appearance, she reminds me some of Jane, a woman I used to work with. I see a stereo playing in her entertainment cabinet. I notice and comment on its uniqueness, saying something to the effect of, “How interesting!” I see a video screen/monitor that displays images of the music playing, as if it tells the story of the music.

Later, it feels I have returned again to this same home. With my friend and me, there are now also two men. The four of us sit together at a (very) small, square table set in the middle of us. The smallness of the table allows us all to be positioned very closely to one another.

I’ve just come from a large class/meeting about self-growth and am walking down the street in the evening hours with a man. I know that he has been experiencing the challenges of personal growth in his healing journey, but he is very progressive and I know that he will continue to do well. We walk and talk for quite some time and I feel/know that I really like this man. I feel we are on our way to his home. In some moments’ time, I halt my pace to allow him to get a few steps before me. I then embrace him from the rear, wrapping my arms around his body as I tuck my head into the crook of his neck and softly tell him, “I think I love you.” He stops and turns around to face me, looking into my eyes, as if to discern the sincerity of my words. My eyes are steady and plain with honesty, as I say, again, “Yes, I think I love you...”

Embrace

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Overland Park, KS

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Healing Enterprise

Hi Embrace,

Do you mind telling me the order of these dreams with the other one you posted earlier?

Also, I don't know Laura, Suzette and John Barnett. How would you describe their personality/traits to me.

If all these dreams happened during one night, it could be that you are near the beginning of a cycle. Your psyche could be giving you the opportnuit to pick which dream sequence to work on. Dreamwork is emotionally tiring and our ego selves can only deal with so much of it. My suggestion would be to just pick out one scene and work with that one for a while. Don't worry, the others will stay fresh for some time seeing they have been written down.

Lastly, when reading your dream scenes my body was awash with a "love" feeling. Not the lust kind, but...hmmm...I find it hard to out words to it. My eyes got teary, my chest felt weightless, I felt good all over. It may mean something during the interpretation phase, but in any case thank you for sharing your dream scenes so that I could experience that.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Stephen,

These dreams were actually from March 3rd, the evening before my dream titled Submarine Starship - so, before the Red Shoes.

Suzette is a beautiful person. A woman nearly 20 years my senior. My relationship with her is that of being my yoga teacher, though I have not been to the studio (or seen her or Laura) in nearly a year. She is an wonderful teacher. Has a beautiful, loving heart and very honest and expressive character and personality. She is also an energy healer/reiki practitioner, though I have never worked with her in that regard. There were some others with whom I have done much energy/body work in the past. I've been told many times that I am a natural healer. It is something I too have always felt and believed of myself, though it is not something I have pursued in an active way, as I've been spending so much time working on healing me, first. Maybe it is time, I look at this more. Laura is simply one of Suzette's students - in the way of studying to become a certified yoga instructor. She was often in the studio with me/along side of me when I would attend yoga sessions. Sometimes, we would "partner" in partner assisted postures. She has a gentle and warm personality. I love yoga as a form of active meditation and healing.

John Barnett is the older brother of a childhood friend (Susan). Wrightwood Avenue is the street on which their home sat, right across from my High School. I knew him when I was between 11 - 15 years old. I liked him, felt positively about him, looked up to him. He cared about Susan and always gave her (and me) good advice. Hmmm... a memory of him just came to me. As it has to do with my legs (as in the first scene), I'll share it. I must have been 15 at the time. I had taken to much bicycle riding, logging over a couple of hundred miles in some weeks. My thighs and calves became very developed. I was visiting Susan one day, on my bicycle, when John said to me, with big eyes, something to the effect of, "My God, where did you get those legs?" It was not an untoward comment. He was just astonished at how I (my legs) had developed, as he had not seen me in some time. I suspect he may have also been attracted. John was the oldest of the family. There was six children. So, he took on a lot of responsibility in looking after the lot of them.

Yes, I recognize what you say about dream work, how it can sometimes be emotionally tiring. That is part of the reason I did not share these, sooner. I had significant dreams on each of the 27th and 28th, then these on the 3rd and the others already posted which were the 4th (Submarine Starship) and the 8th (Red Shoes). I've been in a deep space - and, yes, tired, too!

What you say of the feeling that you were awash with... The dreams of this evening, the 3rd, left me with a wonderful feeling of love growing within and emanating from me. Though these are feelings or releases of energy that are not foreign to me, my heart center recently has been so much more "consistently "expansive. wherein I feel so much more self and other (compassionately) embracing.

Embrace

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Let's folow through with the memory you had of John Barnett. It's important to take note of these as I feel they are a direct memory of the pattern. Sometimes, when I can't get the pattern in my own dreams, i ask for a memory that helps explain the symbol. I find it usually takes three of them for me to really get the understanding.

So, can you see the pattern in the memory and the pattern in the dream with John? This then is the pattern that the dream is expressing as a recent experience in your real life. Once you get the pattern, look for the differences between the memory and the dream. The psyche is only too willing to help. We just have to give it the opportunity.

So the next thing to figure out is whether "John Barnett" is an attitude, belief, inner energy, or outer experience. Seeing the people in your dream is know, it tends to lend itself to being an outer experience. Have you experienced something in real life like the memory/dream. We tend to react the way our ego-self has been conditioned to react. How did you feel after the real John Barnett gave you the compliment, when you were younger and thought he was attracted to you? And then compare that to the dream and make note of the difference.

Stephen

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

When John made the comment, I felt both proud of myself (for the benefits of strength and physical appearance that came with the physical conditioning of bicycle riding) and good/glad that he had taken notice of a physical aspect of myself I felt positive about. I didn't hear many good/positive things about myself when I was young that I didn't think had some other motive attached to them. With John, even with my sense that he was "attracted" to my legs, I felt it as a plain and honest expression from him that didn't ask for more. It was a spur of the moment thing. His eyes caught sight of my legs, they popped wide and he made the exclamation. I can't remember if I said "thank you," but I did explain that I had been doing much bicycle riding. I recall now that he had affirmed how good the bicycle riding was for me. I went away from my visit with him just "feeling good about myself." These good feelings were contrary to many feelings of lack of esteem I was not then conscious of.

Since first reading your suggestions some time earlier, two more images of John came spontaneously to me, so I'll go with them. In one, he had been consuming alcohol and was quite drunk. As he looked at me to talk, he used much effort to squint one eye and worked hard to focus on my image through the other eye. The other image of him is one when I am talking with him standing on his front porch and he smiles back at me with a very honest and expressive smile. A smile that was not contrived or forced or of superficial personality. I remember seeing a light in his eye, his face, his expression. The smile came naturally and freely from his being. There was a purity, innocence, plainness and simplicity. It communicated to me in an adoring way. It was the kind of looking at one another when you feel like you are really seeing and being seen by the other. I adored "him" for it.

Now, about the dream. The homes past which I walked looking at the freshly painted windows were ones that in my youth I felt to be less than desirable to look at. They were not as well kept as the homes on the west side of Kostner Ave. - which was a kind of dividing line of class in the inner-city in which I grew. I lived on the west side of Kostner Ave. where the lawns were deeper and manicured and the homes more well maintained. My instant thought (feeling, really) regarding this short dream, as I recorded it, hearing John's voice as if it were coming from somewhere deep inside of me, was of appreciation - learning to see things in fresh and new ways. And this is as close as I can come to a current, waking-life experience that is similar to the dream: is how my perspective is changing. My perspective of my self, of others, of all of life, really. Even in writing of and sharing this with you, I am seeing and finding things I was not conscious of before. Everyting I recalled of John are snippets of things that were buried, but I see and understand were also influential. What stands out most is how positively impacted I was by his smile and his taking notice of my legs in a way that left me feeling good about myself.

So, it seems to me that memory of Wrightwood Ave. is one of disapproval, the homes be of a lesser class, so to speak. But no, there was also John on Wrightwoord Ave., who was a positive influence in my young life.

Embrace

Hi Embrace,

I think I have made the connection between you and the symbol of John Barnett. If you ego is centred on Athena (usually extraverted, definitely thinking, usually sensation), the energy that derives from John is that of Dionysus (extraverted or intraverted, definitely sensation). A portrayal of your Animus? Both Athena and Dionysus were born from Zeus. Athena from his head (thinking) and Dionysus from his thigh (sensate), so you can see why both energies are connected within you. Athena's mother was the goddess of wisdom and the mother of Dionysus was a mortal woman. Both women ended up dying due to Zeus' thirst for power. He didn't want his offspring to be more powerful than himself. So here we have the power principle. Even the first scene in your dream listing is a bit Dionysian - sensuality - of the senses. I think I remember reading in one of your posts that you were finding it difficult to intuitively interpret a particular dream. So this would make your typology on the Intuition and Sensation continuum, but thinking is getting in the way. The thing with Dionysus was that after Zeus gave birth to him he arranged for Dionysus to be sent away and be raised by some nymphs. Sound familiar? How about the hunter freeing Snow White so she can be with the dwarves.

So in your dream, you don't see John, you only hear a disembodied voice and iot sounds like John. The voice of a God maybe? I have a feeling that the myth that is playing out in you is the birth of Dionysus, with Zeus, the mortal mother Semele and the jeolous wife of Zeus, Hera who really caused the death of Semele. It definitely has shades of Snow White. It may pay for you to read this myth and see what happens.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I woke in the middle of the night to record the details of a couple of dreams. Given this myth you've presented and what little I've just began reading of it, I'm thinking that sharing these two dreams in the discussion would be beneficial. They do seem related.

There were a couple more dreams when I returned to sleep. And when I woke this morning, "Goodness," I said, "enough." Having wrote that, an "inner smile" erupts from within me. It feels such a healing and transformative time. What just came to mind for me is the memory of an earlier dream wherein I see a budding plant into which spills a great amount of cascading water. The plant responds by blossoming into a godlen, petaled flower, as I hear the words, "See and be the flower." Again, this was a disembodied voice, one that I could not discern as definately masculine, or feminine. The image of the flower and water were larger than life, larger than me, and set against a deep black field. As it came to me with such feeling tone as I was writing, I thought I would share it. It is a couple of years old - but I know that dreams are not always specific in terms of time. It felt, when I dreamed it, as an affirmation of what waits, as I moving through a lot of profound (emotionally painful) healing with my dream work during that time.

Can you elaborate more on your take regarding cycles of dreaming?

I'll read the myth today. It may be tomorrow before I respond again.

Thanks.

Embrace

Hi Embrace,

Funny you should mention time in your last post. Dionusys is realted to the present and timelessness. Interesting ay?

What's my take on the cycle of dreams? Well I can only tell you what I experience and it may not apply to everyone else.

There is a model out there that shows how the ego's encounter with the Self is like a ecliptical spiral. It moves away, gets closer, moves away, gets closer etc. That is what it feel like to me. I have periods of dreams, then nothing, then more dreams, then nothing etc. And then I have periods of clarity and then not knowing, clarity and then not knowing. Its really cyclical. Women have a natural cycle, but mnen don't so I feel privaledged to be a male who seems to be connected to cycles in a natural way (that is not associated with a clock and scehdules ie man-made).

Having said that, I believe that dreams are generally commenting on patterns and they are called patterns because they occur frequently, over and over again. That is until you get the understanding of a dream and can then consciously decide to keep on eye on it and notice when you are doing it and attempt to stop doing it. I have read that if you don't understand a dream that it comes back again and again until you get it. But I think the dream is driven by the pattern. When you exhibit the pattern the unconscious attempts to compensate for this behaviour with another dream trying to uncover it.

Anyway, that is how I think it works for me.

Stephen

Hi, Stephen:

Thank you, for sharing your experience with the cycles of dreams.

As regards timelessness: 'Aye, it is interesting!' The 'Now' or 'Present' moment is also of the sensate function, right?

I want to share that as I read the Myth, and information on the Dionysian Mysteries, I found myself jotting down all the archetypal symbols from my journey that fit with this myth - and the list is long. The parallel is uncanny!

I am what some would call a flaming intuitive, but my rationality does argue with it. So, you're spot on in saying that "thinking" gets in the way of my intuition. The sensate has been my inferior function, so the Dionysian element is very apropos for me.

I cannot really say it was 'John's' voice I heard. For sure, I was given thought reference to him - and given what has developed, I see why. But the feeling tone of this very brief dream and 'that voice' was profound. I felt I was realizing/ appreciating the changing of the masculine, within and without, through my own eyes and body - that my perception (we "see" through windows) is being restored (freshly painted). It was a lovely feeling, as I sat recording these dreams.

Yes, I do think the dream is a portrayal of my animus.

My own father had Zeus like characteristics. It was his thirst for power (which, as we know, comes from a wound) that caused the snuffing of "life" within my family. Really, none so different than the Abrahamic God of the old testament. And Dionysus not so different than Jesus, or, the birthing of the divine child/Christ within men and women. Our evolution.

I do see the shades of Snow White, the jealous Queen/ Mother, and secreting the child away to the woods with the nymphs/dwarves. Interestingly, I found that one of the appellations given Dionysus is "He of the Trees," not unlike associations given Robin Hood, regarding fertility and creativity. He was also referred to as Adoneus. I am not sure if this is one and the same with Adonis, but I did a couple of years ago dream being in a boutique of seeds and fine liquors where I helped two men select some seeds. The scene changed to where I then beheld an archetypally sized image out of the void (the way I always describe symbols when they come to me on a field of black) of an Olympian-like God/man, who greeted me by asking, with heart-felt, genuine concern, "How are you, Kristi?" Which now makes better sense to me. I did title that dream Adonis.

Yes, for sure, it is all about the Animus! It's been a lot of work, already - and a lot more to go!

Embrace

Hi Embrace,

Are you ready to discover more. The first part of your dream series is defintely about sensation, and they are feminine energies. On an archetypal level I feel a connectedness with the goddess Aprhrodite (Venus), you lucky woman you. Her personality types are definitely extraverted and definitely sensation. Extraverts get the meaning of the value from the object. Aphrodite is about serial relationships, promiscuity, difficulty considering consequences. Her strengths are to enjoy pleasure and beauty, to be sensual and creative. Didn't you say that Suzette was a beautiful person? A keenness of perception and a here & now focus invites Aphrodite. Not to be too concerned with a goals which is the Athena way. So it looks like psyche is describing itself to you. You have Athena (auxilliary function), Dionysus (Animus) and Aphrodite (inferior function), so far and they all want their say. Maybe the last and fourth is contained outer world laws in psyche. All the laws are meant to be broken. The gods and Goddesses do as they please, and thank goodness they do!!! Tell me Embrace, do you do anything on a creative level in your real life at the moment. If not, then this may be what the dream is alluding too. I hope I am not being too personal, how do you feel about your physical looks?

Stephen

Hi, Stephen:

I am smiling (with some adoration) both at myself at the wonder of psyche. "John!" As I was contemplating all of this more earlier today, I remembered an earlier dream where I was in the cargo trailer of a big truck. I went to the doors which blew open wide, to the outside world. The sun had just risen, the sky a beautiful blue, surreal. And I was hearing a song being sung, Freres Jacques, beautifully so! I heard it in French, but, you know it, "Are you sleeping, are you sleeping ... Brother John, Brother John ... Morning Bells are Ringing, Morning bells are ringing..." I know the song is said to have originally been chiding the monks for oversleeping, though there are other associations, too. But, to me, it was a call to a New Morning/Day, to the Animus. And, oh, the story goes on! Yes, thank goodness, the Gods and Goddesses do as they please! Because I sure have needed their grace in my humbling journey. "Gratitude" describes my sentiment.

Yes, Suzette IS a very beautiful and sensuous woman. And the energy of the dream was profoundly sensual.

I have been poetically moved, since a child actually, but most of my works have only come forth in the past few years, most of them deeply soulful experiences in the writing. I've yet to publish any of them, but when shared, they have touched and inspired other (and elicited graceful weeping, in some). I haven't done any writing recently, as my academics have kept me rather busy. I also do some artwork, most of the images of which are inspired by dreams, visions, or experiences. Both of these are things I want to make more time for in my life, as I feel much more waits to grow via these gifts of expression. Currently, however, my creative side is taking shape by way of making my home more of a reflection of who/what I've grown into - painting, decorating, etc. But my passion does rest in creating visions of beauty, via word and image.

Aphrodite is definitely wanting her say, too! There's definitely a marriage taking place inside of me. I can't hardly sit to be with myself in quiet meditation/contemplation or when laying to sleep at night without experiencing a flow of extraordinarily beautiful, sensuous energy, feeling my heart center opened/opening so wide, so beautifully. A love that is really too hard to put words to.

To answer your question regarding how I feel about my physical body: I've a strong, slender and physically attractive body - and face. I've kept them legs. I've grown my hair long again, to express its natural waviness after wearing it short for so many years (for ease of care) while in the military - and I'm slowly going through a change of dress/appearance that also reflects the inner change that wants to be expressed. I'd like to trim and tone my midsection some, but I am overall very pleased with my physical appearance - and only recently beginning to "fall in love" with my body, with me, my life. Yeah, Aphrodite wants more say in this, too, for sure!

I'm going to go ahead and share those two dreams that came the first night I contemplated Dionysus, as it also answers your question, straight from psyche.

I see two nude, well-defined (cut) men before me. Their bodies are Adonis-like; very attractive, very sensuous, and inspire me with the desire for sexual union. My attention then becomes focused on just one man. I am watching the pumping motion of his hips, as though he is sexually engaging a woman, but there is none other there. I see only his image. I go to have sex with this man. In the midst of our ecstatic union, I think of ________, as though it is he with whom I am joined. I feel and hear a feminine voice from deep inside of me that says, "I want to be filled!"

Later, I am again meeting with a man to have sex. We are in a building that sits in a secluded, wooded area. I have the sense of some feeling between us not being quite right; an emotion/feeling involved that will not allow a free and natural flow of sexual expression. I go downstairs and outside to meet my sister, Kim. I wait at the edge of the wood for her. I see Kim arriving on the path, under escort by a dark skinned man. I have a feeling of deja-vu, as though I have met her like this before. I am very happy to see her and sorry that she has suffered so. I want her to know that I love and accept her.

I left the blank above as the man is one who is some known in internet circles. The association I draw from his image is as one who has been instrumental in teaching me to embrace my wholeness. A positive image for me, a multi-dimensional man.

Kim would be the whore of me turning sacred prostitute, so to speak - which affirms my intuitive feeling regarding her appearance in the dream I entitled "Living Room Meeting." So, there IS a re-visioning of myself occurring.

Embrace

Hi Embrace,

This is what I found out on Adonis through Wikipedia "As soon as Adonis was born. the baby was so beautiful that Aphrodite placed him in a closed chest, which she delivered for security to Persephone, who was also entranced by his unearthly beauty and refused to give him back. The argument between the goddess of love and the goddess of death was settled, either by Zeus or Calliope, with Adonis spending four months with Aphrodite, who seduced him with the help of Helene, her friend, four months with Persephone and four months of the years to himself. Some say Aphrodite eventually seduced Adonis into spending his four months alone with her.". Also Adonis is asscoiated with vanity. Now Apphrodite can be a totally vindictive bitch sometimes and the reason she does this is because humans forget that beauty is her domain. Not ours. Not materialist objects. Not cars. Not houses, but Aphrodite's. And she demands her dues. And this makes absolute sense. Truly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I never really understood this saying until just now. It is not that a person sees beauty, but that a person perceives beauty, and I just realised that this perception is the gift associated/given by Aphrodite. It's a subjective experience. If you dream of Adonis it may be worth your while to reflect on whether there is some aspect of yourself that is compensating you towards taking on a bit of vanity. Not too much though. Just enough. It's like sex. Once a year is not enough and every morning, noon and night is too much. What I think is happening is the challenges that arise with narcissism. A little is enough. Lastly, Adonis is associated with the death and rebirth cycle, which should be how the beauty perception should work. It comes and goes.

Stephen

Hi, Stephen:

I do agree that beauty dwells in the realm of perception - and that it can be found in "all" things. I think self-love is very healthy, when not done at the expense of the whole self. While I have enjoyed my bit of materialism in the past, there came a time in my life when that way (that vanity, if you will) was stripped of me. It was through that time/process that I learned to find beauty (and comfort) despite its "apparent?" absence - and to "truly appreciate" creature comforts without being lost in or controlled by them. I had to find that something deeper by which to define/know myself. I think you are right, that I am being encouraged to allow an amount of "vanity" in my life, for I have always been the very conservative type, not wanting to attract too much attention. And this was key for me, for it also always steered me to knowing that the love I sought would come/had to come from within. This is not to nay say relationships/relatedness. For, quite the contrary, I believe they are all the more a wholesome experience when each has come to the realization that they are whole unto themselves. It is then that we can truly reflect wholeness to another. Thanks for sharing the piece on narcicissism, something to be always mindful of. Yes, we own nothing, it all comes and goes - and I feel there is a great freedom in living with this knowing.

Embrace

My first hint about your dream is that of healing. well obviously! the remarkable kiss in your neck, I guess could mean that a blocking maybe in your neck has been untied and your cerebral-spinal fluid is now running smoothly? I guess this interpretation could co-exist the other beautiful ones,,,

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Born Feb.1966 Live in Copenhagen, Denmark

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi, Ingrid:

Yes, your interpretation regarding the clearing and the CSF does co-exist!

Embrace

stats from 7-14-10 to the present