Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
House/Ghost

Hello - I haven't posted on the site for a while, but I was hoping that someone could help me with a dream that I had last night. I'm having trouble making a full connection.

The dream begins with me and an older woman having a conversation. I never see the woman, but I'm under the impression that I am visiting with her briefly for a few nights. I also get the impressions that she lives in the country...lots of trees/fields/flowers etc..reminded me of a movie that was set in Britain.

She tells me that she recently discovered a previously hidden part of her house. We begin to look at a blueprint; and I see the floorplan of her house. She explains that they tore down a wall and found a flight of stairs leading to another room. She says that this room was used by soldiers during the war to pray in. (note - in the dream, I gathered she was talking about a war that happened a long time ago, and that the soldiers were using this room as a safe-haven of some kind.)

Now it's night time and the woman leaves to run an errand, leaving me in the house by myself. I decide to go up the stairs and check out the room. The woman's kitten is running up the stairs in front of me.

I'm a little nervous, b/c I know the woman said this was an old part of the house. I'm a little concerned about the stability of the floor; and I'm always wondering if there are any spirits in the room. I study the cat the entire time and use its reactions to guide me, knowing that the cat will sense fear or unstableness in the floor.

At the top of the stairs is an empty bedroom with a closet. The kitten explores the room and wanders into the closet. I notice that the closet door begins to move slightly. I sit on the floor, near the closet door and begin to play with the kitten. Now the closet door moves/swings with more force. I am certain now that there is a "spirit" trying to communicate with us. I say aloud "Hello- we don't mean any harm. We are just looking around. We will leave now." I'm not scared at all - I'm acting like this is normal to me. I get to the foot of the stairs and the kitten runs in front of me and goes down the stairs. I realize that I have left the light on in the closet, but for some reason I don't want to walk back to the closet. I say aloud "I left the light on in the closet. Would you mind turning it off for me?"
The spirit obliges and I smile. I know that this ghost is friendly. I walk down the stairs. I wonder if the spirit is following me.

I decide that it's time for bed. I walk into the woman's bedroom. There is a tiny couch with pillows. I think, this bed is too small! How will both of us fit? I look a little closer and see that the couch folds out. However, I'm still confused b/c the fold out mattress folds out onto the floor ( as opposed to being elevated). Why would this woman sleep on the floor? I hesitate to pull the couch out b/c I think it would be more polite to wait for the woman to return. End of dream.

Thoughts: I don't recognize the woman or the house. The empty bedroom reminds me of my current house. (I've just moved and one of the bedrooms is empty, but the closet is not there.) I don't have any pets, but I love cats.

I'm guessing that the dream is telling me that I'm beginning to find a higher, previously unregonized part of myself. However, I'm wondering if there is more to it. Any insight is appreciated. Thank you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29. TX

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: House/Ghost

drshell,
Let's assume the older woman is an older you {the usual assumption}. This is an 'inner' conversation with yourself. Older often means wiser, a natural wisdom {nature=trees/fields/flowers}.

The hidden part of the house. A hidden part of you. The war would represent an emotional conflict from your past. You may still need to tear down some walls to access this hidden part. It seems to be hidden so not to have to deal with it {a safe haven}.

Going upstairs often represents the mental aspect. The kitten, perhaps a developing intuitive sense involving this aspect.

This past conflict may still threaten your well being if confronted. The cat, your intuitive self.

This aspect from the past is slowly revealing itself, coming out of the closet {or it may represent a need for this to happen}. The spirit is your own spirit. True spirit wants/needs to reveal all inner conflicts to supply harmony in the waking life.

The floor is your foundation. The wiser self wishes to address those issues that affect that foundation. Past conflicts that have been ignored adversely affect your foundation. You are hesitant to acknowledge these past conflicts.

I believe your assumptions to the dream are correct. All you need to do is to recognize what experiences from your past need to be brought out of the closet. it would something that affects your whole 'foundation'.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: House/Ghost

Hi Gerard - Thanks for your reply.

What you wrote about the hidden room/soldier/war seems to make sense to me; and I had missed that before. It also makes sense that perhaps something needs to "come of out the closet". However, this is a bit more challenging for me b/c there are no other context clues for me to use. The closet and room were totally empty. It was a room with new carpet and freshly painted walls, which surprised me in the dream b/c I knew that the room was supposed to be old. I suppose it's new b/c I've never recognized it before?

The part about the floor makes sense too; I can see now that the floor was important in several parts of the dream. And it makes sense why I may block something that would "upset the foundation". I will continue to be open-minded and try to piece things together to see how they may fit.

Thank-you again - drshell

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29. TX

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present