Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
feeling guilty

I took up another German class (I learn it in school already) and I somehow couldn't make it the first time. So next week (in dreems, it seemed like the next scene) I came into the classroom, sat down next to my friend (Ana) and realised that I'm being taught by my usual German professor (let's call her Frau). But at the end of the class, when the others went out, the professor came nearer and said: "I'd rather you weren't friends with people like Ana." "... um, and why not?" "Well ..." She didn't want to tell me, but I persuaded her to do so, and she told me that Ana had some horrible illness, and that any shock could kill her, that she can at any time just turn rigid and fall on the floor. I was confused, because an illness is really not a cause to avoid anybody.

Next scene: Ana was playing piano (there was some people, it was a minor concert, I think it was in some church, but I'm not sure). She was playing Hotel California with one finger, awfully bad. When she ended, I came nearer to her and wanted to be nice to her, and so I said "Well you played really well, especially because you have that illness" and then she looked up at me in horror, as if she was thinking "Oh no, she knows my deepest secret", turned completely rigid and fell, bumping her head hard on the floor. I did it, I caused the shock. It felt horrible. Frau came nearer and tried to get her alive again, I was being panicky talking with two of my friends, then Frau stood up and said simply "Sorry". I couldn't cry and was feeling horrible about that too. After two minutes of blaming myself for everything one of my friends said "Why aren't you laughing with us? Oh yeah, your friend died. But you're sad for too long now. Don't be so lame!"

I think I woke up then, and the weirdest thing was that I was feeling responsible for everything even awake, the dreams seemed so real. I needed about 10 minutes to say to myself "Oh but that was a dream. Oh what a relief."

Thanks for any help with this.

Oh, and I have some basic question: what do dreams want to tell us in the first place? Do they more often show our conscious wishes (like when someone's love is unrequited, they dream of their beloved being kind to them, and then there is this feeling "oh, how sad, it was just a dream ... why did I have to wake up?"), or what is generally happening in our subconscious? Or do they show us the possible ways to solve problems, like some divine power telling us what is the best to do. (Maybe it's a stupid question, but I'm just wondering.) Thanks again.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: feeling guilty

Hi Willow,
I almost overlooked your dream. Unfortunately I need to get busy with my day {work awaits} so it will be later today before I will be able to give adequate time to an interpretation. Please stand by.
Or better yet find a comfortable place to rest.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Willow,
Has there been some kind of disagreement or conflict with your best friend Anna of recent? If so you are probably feeling guilty because of it. The illness may represent something unpleasant between the two of you. her playing the piano badly may also suggest some 'disharmony'.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Willow,
To answer the last part of your post I ask you to read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams. There are other links that will provided deeper insights to the dream world. I believe you find the answers you are looking for. I could give a response here but I think it would serve you better to do some investigating on your own. I believe it will serve you better.

Gerard

No, not really. At least not that I'd notice. We really have lots of fun together, we sit together in school and have long and detailed discussions on history of bunny rabbits or history of physics or ... well, almost anything. We never really quarrel.

Thanks for the link.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Willow,
To get a better understanding of dreams I suggest you do read the link, and the corresponding links offered. I will be the first to admit the dreams of a 16 year old are often very hard to interpret because the psyche is dealing more with everyday experiences and not reflecting major emotional conflicts that are unresolved {beyond the ordinary conflicts in your waking life that are minor}. Similar to a very young child's dream of monsters, the least little thing can produce a dream that can only be understood by the dreamer since the experience the dream is addressing isn't a major emotional experience. There is little doubt {never say never} that there is symbolic value to what I stated in my original interpretation but exactly what it may be is up to you to discern. In the meantime I wouldn't worry about the dream.

A thought. I suggest you look at the piano symbol in your dream and search recent experiences and see if it fits somewhere.

Gerard

Hello Gerard,

ok that's how it is. I played piano for 8 yrs and Ana doesn't at all, so it somehow seemed as if she wanted to learn. I guess piano really must be some great symbol, because a lot of my life was spent at it.

The only conflict I can think of goes not between me and Ana, but inside me. It's like I'd have these two groups of really good friends, and the first can be represented with Ana -- smart, dilligent. But the other group of friends has recently turned somehow -- well, rebellious isn't exactly the right word. Maybe crazy. Doesn't matter anyway. But the thing is -- these two groups clash inside me ... I can't be dilligent and rebellious at the same time (I am probably both, but one of these prevails).

So that's really the only thing I can think of, and maybe the piano fits in here - it needs a lot of dilligent practice ...

I'm still working on the link, there's a lot to work my thoughts on ...

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Willow,
"The only conflict I can think of goes not between me and Ana, but inside me"} That could very well be the 'conflict' I sense in your dream. Add that to your dream statement from the professor "I'd rather you weren't friends with people like Ana" and the above statement begins to fit with your dream. Dreams are about the emotions, your emotions , your 'inner' life. Within you is this conflict and your dream is attempting to help you sort through that conflict {that's what makes dreams therapeutic}.

As for the piano. Ana doesn't play the piano but you do. That separates her from you. That too would fit the conflict within yourself. It would be symbolic in that it is a device that does separate one part of you. You do, she doesn't. She doesn't fit in with this particular mold {albeit symbolic of her being different-nothing to do actually playing the piano} but does share other aspects.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present