Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two short dreams

Hi all,

I had two short dreams that seem unrelated and that I'm having a hard time with their meaning and looking for any common links.

First dream:
Instead of a tiara on my head I am wearing a huge keyboard, which is curved so that it can sit on my head....like a tiara. It is black and gigantic.
Second dream:
A man with short brown hair and stocky build is holding me pinned down to the ground by holding down my right breast. I do all I can to get out from under his grip but I can't. I also protest as much as I can but it has no effect.

For the last dream I am worried if that might have health implications, like a breast tumor...but I am looking for other interpretation.

Thanks everyone,

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Two short dreams

May,
I need to start my morning of serving the dragon {work}. I will give my impressions of these dreams later today.
Question. Is there any reason to believe there are possible health problems other than the dream?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

A wild guess,,, From a girl who has a little experience in looking at dreams the Jungian way.
Could the two be connected?
Behind the breast are the lungs. Using the lungs optimally could be breathing deeply, maybe singing loudly in the sky. Are you maybe somehow sad that you don't trust yourself to be able to fulfill a dream of singing or playing music? If! Believe in it, do it, try it! You have the ability, listen to your female sides!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Born Feb.1966 Live in Copenhagen, Denmark

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

May,
The first dream.
Perhaps the dream is stating you are relying on the thinking process too much {head and keyboard} and not using the intuitive self {which would fit with Ingrid's association with the feminine}. A tiara is a 'jewelled' headdress, something a Goddess or higher feminine would wear.

The second dream.
I don't see any health related associations. But the dream is short and if there are actual waking health problems in that area it is possible.

The man holding you down could represent the masculine. Either your masculine and/or an actual man. The description of the man {short brown hair and stocky build} seems to be eluding to some actual person. But it could be symbolic, the brown hair and stocky build being metaphors}.
The breast. Right side and holding down only one. The heart is on the left side {the heart representing love, romance, the soul}. What would be the opposite of that?

Does any of this fit somewhere?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks Jerry and Ingrid so much.

Jerry, you are again right on. I'm ruling out health meanings at this time as there really no reason to worry.

I have been very occupied with my career, with writing, and getting published, and progressing forwards, this could explain the keyboard. One other idea is that I've let my intellect be the determinant of my identity...I guess this is the same as what you are saying.

Again, the common motif of being dominated by negative masculine forces rears its head....and perhaps this is connected to my career, definitely also the animus and also if there is a real life person I have some good guesses.

I can't really say that either my husband or my father are necessarily stocky and brown haired exactly, but the dream may be 'reframing' how they 'really are' and in more ways than one. I feel like I still have issues with my father who is very controling and has a lot to do with what is going on in my marriage. My marriage has been extremely rocky and my husband has crossed several boundaries and been disrespectful to the point that for some time now I have been seriously considering divorce as the only option. I mean seriously disrespectful.

I feel the man in this dream could represent patriarchy, the animus and both my husband and father.

The fact that the right side is the opposite of the heart is also notable. Indeed, what I have been receiving from all of these people and including the animus is the opposite of love. It has been a very trying time especially because I'm at a transition point in my career.

For a long time I have been asking my dreams for guidance in terms of my career and my marriage.

Perhaps I need to look for deeper guidance.

Thanks again Jerry for a brilliant and helpful interpretation.

I hope I will be strong enough to chose to walk alone rather than be in a damaging relationship, if it comes to that, which it seems to have.

In a way, I do feel held down, and held back by both my father and my husband and my negative animus.

I want so much to transform the negative animus into a more positive one and walk away from horrible and unhealthy and hurtful relationships.

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

May,
I appreciate your detailed response. You have provided insights not only to your own stuggle but have given clarity to the symbol representations of the masculine within the feminine psyche. Your 'dominate' masculine also demonstrates how symbols can address two different aspects of the waking life. One being the animus and the other the actual waking relationship of a dominate father and your husband from a problem marriage.

"I want so much to transform the negative animus into a more positive one and walk away from horrible and unhealthy and hurtful relationships."

Of course that requires a definite positive masculine to pull off. So many consideratons to comtemplate. Time and experiences will ultimately determine that outcome. If it requires a life change I am confident you will realize the need to make such changes at the approperiate time. And when you do I am also confident the 'dominate' animus will no longer hold you down and the 'tiara' will no longer look like the 'keyboard'. The 'inner goddess' will reveal herself and the 'social dragon' {occupation with career} will loose its hold and the creative Self will take charge. A negative aninus will become a positive and the balance you seek will be realized.

Stay strong and continue to work toward those goals that will bring about that balance. The rewards will be many and from the creative you will serve others. That is the ultimate goal of the heroine path, the realization of the creative which becomes the spiritual ground that is the true center of the individual and collective psyche.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

stats from 7-14-10 to the present