Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An old dream that still puzzles me

This dream, I had many years ago, but still sometimes I wonder what it wanted to tell. It was very intense, I felt almost as if I was not asleep. The next day I had gotten ill, having inflammation in uterus. Pardon if my English is not correct, I am danish.
I was at a 2 weeks course in gardening. I stayed in this little room, resembling a prison cell. It was on the countryside near to the sea, westcoast and just next to a wood.
The dream: I wake up in the bed because the "inside" of my pillow is spinning round, and I am about to be sucked into the pillow, head first, there is a sound like voices being played at high speed, very bright and quick. I find that I cannot move, frightening. I reckon this must be a dream since it's too vierd to be real. I look down at my body, and is amazed how real my hand and everything in the room appears, it is exactly as it is awake. Of fear, I guess, I try to get up off the bed away from the pillow and out of my paralyse, and I struggle with all the power I have, and I get up totally exhausted from struggling. As I stand I face a mirror, and in there there is a figure in a dark coat, shading the face, so it cannot be seen. In the next second, I experience my self as a big white horse. I am trapped in the little room (as horse) and I rear and neigh. Then the door opens by itself and in the doorway now looking at me are three elephants A black dog runs in the room looks almost scared up at me and hides behind me. I wake up (for real this time)totally exhausted. At the breakfast with the other students, I cannot wait to tell them my dream. Funnily the man next to me, who also resides in the room next to mine, is equally eager to tell something and he goes first, tells of this vierd dream he had, with a lot of horses running wild, some kind of battle-like situation, and he is on the ground, and a horse stops and avoid that he is getting trampled on.
I have thought later that must have been some kind of memory in that nature-place or, that this other man and I have shared a dream, from each ours perspective? It would be very interesting to hear a comment on this! Thank you!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Born Feb.1966 LIve in Copenhagen, Denmark

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: An old dream that still puzzles me

Hi Ingrid,

I wouldn't be too worried about the dream. Seeing it was in the space where you were staying at the Gardening Course, odds are that it is a comment on what you are doing there.

Your description of the inside of the pillow spinning gave me visions of whirlpools & black holes, in other words a "spiral". This is a basic structure in nature.

The vast majority of dreams are compensatory, meaning they push you into the direction you should be heading, as opposed to the direction you are taking.

Gardening is a nature based activity, of the senses, smell, taste, touch, sounds and sight (mother nqature), yet there you were in an academic environment, the thinking, patriachal areana. I'm not suprised you felt like you were imprisoned, being surrounded by the rules, tips, laws of gardening, when gardening (according to your psyche) is experiential. Rules, laws and tips are rigid - like saying you do it this way or not at all, so I am not surpised you were paralyzed.

Your psyche says that gardening is about your instincts. The energies you have within like the white horse, elephants and dog. The thing that stands out about these animals is your description of their colour. The white horse, the black dog, and the gray elephants. Opposites and mixture of the two.

So Ingrid, how do you feel about experimenting, without having any guidance or rules? This may lead to failure, but overall it may be a better learning experieince.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Ingrid,

What was the "spirit" or mood of the gardening course? How did you feel about attending and what else was going on in your life at the time?

It is interesting that another also dreamed of a horse in a distressing situation. Do you know any history of the location in which you stayed?

Embrace

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Overland Park, KS

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Ingrid,
I get the sense the 'gardening' aspect of the dream is about cultivating who you are and some aspect of that involves a part of you that feels imprisoned. I take it the two week gardening course was not part of the dream but an actual experience. That may have triggered this dream that is dealing with an 'inner' imprisonment of some sort.

The dream. The pillow may represent mental support for the unconscious aspects that may not be clear. The little room that you stayed in during the course {in real life} is probably a little room within your psyche. The mirror that reflects the figure in a dark coat shading 'his' face may represent some shadow/covered up aspect in your life. And the struggle within the dream. It most likely represents the struggle you had/have in dealing with this dark issue.

What is it in your life that you have to struggle with emotionally? It is probably something you do not want to think about. Horses can symbolize being a 'free spirit'. Is there some part of you that is hidden away in a little room that needs to freed? That would be part of your struggle, freeing yourself from this little room so you can be your true self.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank You very much Stephen and Gerard
It is beautiful how you simply nail it! I find both interpretations are gifts, that are really useful to me.
Now It was some years ago. and it is quite right
that the course offered only very narrow, boring basics of the wonderful topic - Nature. I was offered it for free, and really, the best thing was the fellow students humour. They were gravediggers and older than me. I look forward to have new dreams and take them to you! The more I think of my situation back then, I see how precise you are.
I guess it is a life theme,for me to find and choose my direction Career/jobwise.
And it is very helpful to be reminded, that I cannot not be passionated if meaningfulness, depth, magic and room to roam are laking. Even though a part of me like to just crawl in the backseat and try to adapt to the conventional. That is not where my ressources are. And in order to go my own way I'll have to face darker aspects of me fex. fear of change,loss. Hmmm! thank you again!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Born Feb. 66 Copenhagen, Denmark

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Ingrid,
If we helped in your understanding of 'yourself' then our mission has been accomplished. The primary goal other than trying to be as exact in our interpretations as possible {we love the term 'you nailed it'} is to get the dreamer to 'think' about the dream and how it corresponds to their waking life. Most often a 'good' interpretation will 'strike a cord'. No one can be precise in every detail of an interpretation but if the interpreter offers a sound periffery to the dream it usually provides the dreamer with enough info to recognize a corresponding experience in their waking life. A person with a 'progressive' mind {as you possess} will recognize the connections.
You make us look good. We look forward to your next dream. Hopefully we will do as well in our interpretations.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

A special thanks to Stephen for his help with the interpretations. His knowledge of Jungian psyche is invaluable and I know his insights are also. I am often limited in time to providing an interpretation to every posted request and Stephen's help insures all posts are answered. There are no heros in zeros and my goal is to see a posted reply to every dream request.
A heart warmed thanks to Stephen from us all.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

stats from 7-14-10 to the present