Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nearly Survived

This dream happened quite a while ago and while i can remember all my dreams for a couple of days, i have never forgotten this one.
I was shopping with my mum in a crowded shopping centre full of people. There was one man and although i never got a clear view of him i knew he was evil and wanted to kill me. I don't know how i knew i could just sense it but when i told my mum she laughed it off and told me i was 'being stupid'. Even though i was really angry with her i stayed very close becasue i was now being followed by this man. While my mum's back was turned he made a grab for me so naturally i screamed. My mum, as well as several strangers, all shot round to look at me and while i stood speechless the man laughed it off as 'bumping into me and startling me' which everyone accepted. However he didn't leave my side and knowing he'd only make another grab, i ran. He chased after me until we were outside and alone and although i was petrified i knew i had to do something so i fought back. He pulled out a knife and we both struggled with it until two police officers turned up. I felt a sudden rush of relief until they arrested us both.
Next thing i know we're doing community service, handcuffed together, so there is literally no escape for me. While an officers back is turned he pulls out the same knife and attacks me again. No one looks round as i struggle and scream and i just before i wake up he plunges the knife into my stomach.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 Liverpool

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Nearly Survived

Men in dreams tend to portray in symbolic 'form' ways WE think, act and behave, not necessarily in a literal sense but in a manner that mirrors the same 'impulse' in our own thinking and behaviour.

Its like the energy dynamic which is conveyed 'within' the character reflects our own energy dynamic, its ours we own it we give voice and action to the character this dynamic actually first arises from within us.

All dreams reflect these dynamics, the man in your dream is reflecting that energy dynamic within you that is repressing you in some way it wants to be in control and this is a point of conflict for you in your life. The fact that you dont know 'him' reflects something about your own energies that is unfamiliar to you, we tend to label these unknown aspects of ourselves as evil particularly if they threaten us in some way, only what has been repressed is seen as evil, or what is perceived as evil in oneself gets repressed.

By looking at your 'evil dream character' as a shadow aspect of your own nature, you find that he is not as evil as you first perceive but likely represents some form of behaviour or attitude that you have which gets in the way of following your gut instincts.

The stomach represents those expereinces that we take in and digest in life, or not as the case may be, it is also linked to where we receive impressions about other people or situations we find ourselves in.

When we are in tune with ourselves we act accordingly on what feels right or wrong for us, for example when we meet someone, out gut instinct measures up so much information about the other person before we have even conversed.

Often people will find themselves in situations or in relationships that do not suit them their gut instinct is to get leave or get out out, it tells us when something is not quite right or if someone is not really good for our own emotional health and well being, when we ignore these instincts we go against what our bodys are telling us, We over ride our impressions if you like with actions that are dismissive of our situation.

Your dream male is likely representing this form of dismissive behaviour, where by you go against your gut instinct in situations though with some conflict about what you are feeling and sensing.

Do you have difficulty making decisions, or following your heart, instead doing things that you 'think' you should be doing for the wrong reasons rather than following your 'sense' about what is right for you.

This I get the sense is the main gist of what your dream is trying to impart to you, though do not take my word for it, take what feels right for you and go with your own sense...

Many blessings

Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present