Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pyramid/Purple

I dreamed that I was lying asleep or in a state of sleep(like if I was dead but not dead) under a large pyramid (as if buried under the pyramid- sometimes it looked egyptian other times it looked mayan). I felt if I was in total peace I could look down at myself and I noticed I was nude but covered in purple paint up to my neck. I saw myself the way I looked at the age of 15 my hair was wet and comb back (shoulder length brown hair). I'm curious what does this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, Los Angeles

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Pyramid/Purple

Hi LuLu,

What is your current attitude to your own personal aging process? The truth now. Not what you think is expected of you.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I am happy and comfortable with my age. However, I am do not feel I have accomplished the things in life that at this "age" is expected of me/for myself.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, los angeles

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi LuLu,

What do you think is expected of you at this "age"?

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Lulu,
Your comment about not feeling you "have not accomplished the things in life that at this "age" is expected of me/for myself" leads me to believe the dream is focused on not having yet to discovered that 'true calling' in your life. Mid-life is that stage we begin to reflect and evaluate the past. It is also the stage when one seeks not only meaning but also that thing in life that truly satisfies the soul. Joseph Campbell called this 'following your bliss' which refers to the creative/spiritual aspect, that deep seeded universal {Egyptian/Mayan} inherent part of the psyche that truly provides balance and harmony to life. The state of sleep {and feeling dead but not dead} would represent unconscious of this most important aspect of the psyche. Throughout the 'ego centered' years in life {doing what society expects of you} this 'archaic' aspect is 'buried', your 'higher power' {pyramid} or potential is short circuited by self imposed and/or social expectations. Being nude is exposing this condition. The purple paint would in psychological terms represent deep intuition or awareness of some type as yet unexplored dimension of the self {from the MDS Dream Dictionary}. Above the neck is the head, the thinking aspect, which would opposite the intuitive instincts.

As for the 'way you looked at the age of 15'. Since it is a part of the dream its meaning would most likely be associated with the above. At age 15 you were mid way through a transitional stage {teen years} just as you are now mid way through the mid life stage {30s thru 50s}. Both are not only transitional stages but also very emotional stages {wet hair-to gain insights to my deductions consult the 'Soul Future Dream Dictionary'}. The difference at age 15 and a 'strength' of being young is you may be concerned with 'social commitments' but there is not the 'overly burdening' stress that comes in later life. At mid life who wouldn't love to live life with the attitude of a 15 year old?

One other thought that may fit with 'age 15' inclusion. Is there any creative or spiritual experiences from that period of time? That could be an association that would fit the first part of my interpretation. Joseph Campbell tells us we have two opportunities in life to 'follow our bliss'. One is early in life and the other at mid life. Like myself you may have missed out on the first opportunity {I have always had a deep interest in psychology but didn't act on it until I was 42, the year I discovered Campbell and Jung}. Perhaps also like myself 42 is the year you discover your true Self. If there was that 'intuitive' desire of your true at 15 it could very well be resurrected at age 42.
Maybe?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

As the dream opens, you are sleeping. I believe that your sleep-like state refers your current life. You are sleeping but you will soon awaken.

This is confirmed by your sleeping under a pyramid. Although a pyramid can, undoubtedly, have different meanings, I believe that the pyramid in this dream is a sign of initiation.

In the dream, you are nude -- another sign of a rebirth. I also remember reading somewhere (?) that the visitor to the underworld is sometimes required to remove all of his or her clothes.

Your hair is wet and combed back. This is possibly another sign of being reborn or perhaps an indication that you had just bathed. Thus, you would be ritually cleansed.

The color purple is associated with royalty. You are painted purple up to your neck. Thus, your transformation into royalty is not yet complete – or, at least, it was not complete at the start of the dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63, USA

stats from 7-14-10 to the present