Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What does this dream mean?

My grandmother passed away on March 2nd, a couple days later i have been getting many dreams about her. I have dreamed that i opened up her grave and she was there talkin to me. she said i want to take you with me but your grandfather wont let me. my mother dreamed soething similar to that she came to my moms dream and she said she wanted me to come with her. what does this dream mean???

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 & Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: What does this dream mean?

zee,
With such little info from the dream it is hard to pin down a true explanation of your dream. But don't be nervous or frightened by such dreams. They are natural. Do not take them as literal {other than the relationship with your grandmother}.

Your mother's dream may have a different interpretation but would also most likely represent the relationship between them.

As for your dream. A grave often symbolizes the unconscious, your unconscious. Your grandmother has made the final transition but within your unconscious, your dreams, she still speaks to you. She is gone from this earth but not from your consciousness. And you were in her consciousness when she left.

The part about the grandfather. That may get into aspects of the relationship that is personal and only you can know the details. Dreams of younger people often do that. Personal information being addressed more so than 'inner' conflicts that an older person would have as a result of past experiences {which could also have your grandparents representing metaphorical aspects as well as literal}.

As for your mother's dream. if you could provide more details I may be able to provide better insights. that goes for your dream as well.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: What does this dream mean?

Hi zee,

Thank you for sharing your dream. I noticed a pattern that has been written about by Hans Christian Andersen. It's the "Little Match Girl". Do you kow it? If not there are plenty of texts available over the internet. Why don't you read it and see what transpires. It may even shed some light to your mother as well. But don' take the fairy tale literally. It's a metaphor. After you read it a couple of times you may well get your answer to the dream. There's also a beautiful rendition of it on Disney's latest DVD release of "The Little Mermaid". Probably read the story first then watch the DVD.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present