Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Strange Situations and Smoking Pot (interpretations welcome)

So there are about four or five of us, mostly girls. We are staying at some house I have never seen before. Although, come to think of it, it reminds me a little of a friends' house, but lacking the artistic feel and color. We have roommates. It's a nice house. Everything seems either white or beige. Everything in the dream is extremely bright, and colorless. The house is dark brown, almost black, and made entirely out of wood. It's the kind of house that reminds you of a cottage. This guy, that reminds me of the man that rides around on campus on a bike with lots of McDonald's bags, he is the owner of the house. I'm not quite sure why we are there. Whenever the man leaves the house, he takes our cell phones. We are not allowed to contact anyone. He administers medicine to us. (mainly birth control and hormone treatments). He is very kind, but creepy. We all do as he says, although we don't come into contact with him often. He is always off doing things. I can't help but to feel trapped, like in my other dreams with witches and what not. But this time it is less scary. Just... lonely. I remember not ever sleeping in the bed assigned to me. I don't know where I slept. My roommate made a comment about it, and we agreed that it was a sad thing, that I didn't sleep in my bed. I don't know why it was a sad thing, but it was. I remember not being able to figure out which bed was actually mine. I didn't seem to care much. Sometimes, when the man was not around, we would sit in the living room and smoke pot. (this scene for some reason, at times appears to take place in my father's house) Sometimes I would have the urge to call the police, or send a text message to Ted, but the idea of getting caught frightened me. Finally we somehow "checked out" I think, along with our medications. Some of us he gave a years supply of birth control.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, Georgia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Strange Situations and Smoking Pot (interpretations welcome)

Hi Laura,

Thank you for sharing your dream. My intuition is leading me towards the "Prostitution Archetype" with this dream. Have a read Gerard's definition under the "Major Archetypes" link on the left-hand side of this page? See if any of it clicks with something you have done in the past 2-3 weeks.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I'm having trouble understanding how this dream fits with that archetype. In the dream, I never really felt like I was negotiating my morals or integrity.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

If it doesn't click with you then it is not working for you. Just as I typed that it came to me that another word for 'prostitute' is 'working girl'. Are you employed presently, Laura?

Stephen

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Yes, somewhat. I work at the gym at the college I'm attending. Also, I'm scheduled to start working weekend events at a girl's camp I counseled for last summer.

The dream did seem like us girls were at some sort of camp.

Ok Laura, so lets keep this line of thought going. The dream is probably making a comment on the work in the girls camp as in the word 'prostitute/working girl' as defined as "A person who does, or offers to do, an activity for money, despite personal dislike or dishonour".

So discuss with me where this job opportunity came from and what your real attitude is towards it and how it relates to your academic life? What you learnt from your first experience that you are choosing to ignore. Don't give me your 'persona' (social) response. For you to get the meaning of the dream you need to think about your deep inner response. The one you hide from everyone else, or only tell your closest friend.

You can stop at any time and no one will think any less of you. You control what happens here.

Stephen

I came across the opportunity last summer. My friends were all out of town, my parents were working, so I figured eight weeks at an overnight girls camp would occupy my time. I was excited about it at first, but as time went by, I grew more and more weary. By the end of it, I disliked many of my co-workers and almost disliked children in general... or was it just little girls? Maybe I disliked women in general. It's funny that I even signed up for the job in the first place, for I've always favored the male gender. Most of my friends are male, and I've always said that little girls annoy me. I'm not going to say that I didn't enjoy it. I had tons of fun. But in the end I swore I would never do it again. However, when the time came again this year to sign up for camp, I somehow couldn't resist. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Smoking pot in dreams is usually an indication that some area of ones life is being repressed, usually an uncomfortable feeling or an awkward situation which one would rather not acknowledge.

The situation feeling is usually at an inner level, ie an overall feeling of lonliness, isolation between ones inner world and others inner worlds. we can have on occassion all our friends around us but still feel lonley, as if others do not really understand us or we keep our innerworlds guarded as to open them up to others makes us feel vulnerable.

Pot and other types of drugs used in dreams is usually symbolic first that is it is a representation of how we dissociate from certain feeling tendencys that leave us feeling uncomfortable, Smoking pot and its effects is also be an expression of the mind and its unwillingness to identify with our feelings by for want of a better expression 'going into a swim' that is not acknowledging the feelings of ones innerself.

It is hard to be honest with how one feels when the mind wont acnchor itself in the here and now, smoking pot or use of other drugs is a metaphor for this inner dynamic. This way of feeling can manifest itself in ones life by actually being drawn to using pot, and the use of pot in ones life can be a symbollic representation what what is happening at an inner level.

In either case i have also met many people who do not use drugs but have dreamt that they have used drugs in their dreams, indicating that firstly drug use is a symbolic representation of what is happening within ones psyche and it may lead to haveing a certain desire to use in ones life.

Just some avenues to explore I hope it helps

Good luck Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Laura,

I met a couple of guys who did summer camp duty in the USA and they said basically the same thing. By the end of it they wanted to kill the little bastards. The majority of the kids ended up being totally horrible. The guys couldn't do anything because the kids would threaten them with legal action. Can you believe it!

So I feel the dreams comment is you selling yourself. Some things come at too high a price.

Laura, why don't you think about why it is you feel compelled to do this task, when you know what the outcome will be. What are you getting out of it, psychologically, spiritually, financially, or is it about feeling needed when all your family and friends are abscent.

Obviously, you can accept or ignore the comment made by the dream. You just have to do a conscious act that follows through with your decision.

Stephen

stats from 7-14-10 to the present