Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Individuation: The Process of a Lifetime

Those who visit the Dream Forum on a regular basis have often seen my reference to the Individuation Process. Here is an article that will help explain this most important process of becoming whole {and how to live a balanced and harmonious life}. I suggest it be added to your bookmarks as reference when giving thought to what Jung termed "This struggle to bring about the birth of one’s "true personality".

Link: Individuation: The Process of a Lifetime

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Individuation: The Process of a Lifetime

Thank you for sharing this article, Gerard. Inanna has featured in my dreams more than once - and reviewing the myth in his telling of it, helped a few more pieces to come together. I'll need to revisit those dreams.

Embrace

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, Overland Park, KS

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Great reading, thank you!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

This is indeed a wonderful article. So many truths that I personally can attest to from my own experiences. Individuation has been the path that rescued me from my darkness. From that darkness was born a creative identity that is indeed my 'true Self'.

"Jung understood individuation to be something that began in the second half of life, when individuals reach the zenith of their lives and suddenly find themselves facing an unknown vista or some unforeseen upheaval".

This is the reason I often focus on the midlife 'thing'. One may wonder how our dreams offer solutions to these inner conflicts.

"In essence, one could say that the unconscious, or more specifically, the Self (with a capital "S"), "the central organizing archetype in the human psyche, which has seemingly hidden the greatest measure of its influence while the ego has been busy building a life for itself, suddenly the Self returns full force to claim a significant say, if not a central place, in the overall scheme of things".

The most direct route to the unconscious are our dreams. This is why Jung always insisted that his patients focus on their dreams. And as difficult as it may seem to understand the dream I honestly believe we now know enough of the 'language of dreams' {symbol and metaphor} to readily access the message these nightly excursions have to offer our waking conscious. If someone like myself can understand this language then I am confident anyone can. With the invent and growth of the internet there are many resources available for anyone willing to give the time and effort to gain the understanding of the Jungian approach to dreams. To understand the dream is to understand the self and to realize the true Self. For those who choose to do so, understanding the difference will become apparent and most likely life changing events will take place. I think so.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present