Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christ in dream

Would you help me understand the following dream? Jesus was facing the cross which was on the ground. His limbs were not nailed. He was in bad shape and I was on top of him, holding and "spooning" him in order to comfort him...I then thought I need to leave him and as I started to move away his hand reached for me pulled me once again against his body closely and he said "don't leave me... stay here and comfort me"..End of Dream

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: syracuse,new york age 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Christ in dream

Hi Joan,

After reading your dream once the word that entered my brain was 'needy', so if we follow this line of thought with the symbols, the dream would be making a comment on 'neediness' and 'sacrifice'. So Joan, do you tend to sacrifice your own needs by attending to the needs of others, in order for your own neediness to be satisfied?

I don't know whether it is right or wrong. Only you do. Does it click within you and have you had a situation in your real life recently that mirrors this comment?

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Stephen, the "neediness" dosen't hit home with me.....any other ideas?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Joan,

Does the dream remind you of anything? Read the dream a few times and see if anything comes to mind.

Stephen

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I think on the surface there is a sense of "neediness" in that when one suffers it is a great comfort to know your loved...in a sense it cuts the pain in half....but I wonder if also the "person" of Christ represents an authentic movement of the personality to it's true self versus a mask. Could a direction or movement in my conscious life be the exactly correct choice? This dream has produced a great sense of PEACE in me.

Hi Joan,

When a dream is amplified to a myth/fable or story I tend to compare the two to see if there are any differences. There is one that stands out. In the dream, Jesus (the man) wants to be comforted by you. Yet, in the biblical story all anyone showed him was pain, except when one of the soldiers offered him wine vinegar. The story is about fulfilling ones destiny, and this brings the pain of change along with it. Yet your dream ego is all about comforting. A part of yourself can't deal with this type of pain connected with change. Jesus as a symbol of transformation is all about painful change. You know he has to be crucified, yet you continue to comfort him, beacuse he asked you to. In a way it's like putting off the inevitible, don't you think? He doesn't become Christ the God, until Jesus the man has died. Your dream ego is not ready to leave its hold.

Stephen

Joan,
When Jesus faced the cross he was about to undergo a death and resurrection. Jesus could represent your inner self, that guiding light that is the ground {base} of who you are. Perhaps you are experiencing a sort of 'death and resurrection' of your own. That inner self may be in bad shape and you need to experience a feeling of 'being alive'. Gradually you may be working your way {spooning} in that direction but 'life' {social being of responsibilities and necessities} keeps 'pulling' you away from your intended goals.

Another possibility that fits with the above. Death and resurrection would indicate changes in your life {inner and/or outer ego life}. The last part of the dream "don't leave me... stay here and comfort me". Most likely that is directed at your inner self. But it could represent an actual 'leaving' by some person or experience in your waking life that would affect your inner core.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Gerard, A few weeks ago you looked at a previous dream I posted on "two trees"...if you get a chance would you look at that again...these are significant dreams for me...thanks..JOAN

Stephen, one interesting aspect is in the dream I began to move away because I thought (in the dream) that I have to let him be in order that he can finish "his work". ???

So Joan, why does this aspect stand out for you?
Stephen

Joan,
The 'death and resurrection' in your dream may indicate you need to finally confront the past experience that has dragged on for so long. Your 'higher Self' {Jesus} did not have his limbs nailed which may symbolize an 'ability' to confront this past experience. Instead of 'spooning' the experience it may be time to take that step to put the past into perspective and its proper place. Moving away from that higher Self only causes the suffering to continue. You possess the 'ability' to do this using that higher Self, the recognition of the conflict of the past and the ability to finally get past it. It will no longer hold you down and and you will no longer have a need to move away from your true self {the self which is free from the past}.

The tree dream is also addressing this 'beautifully shaped self' {Mother Theresa called Jesus her beautiful lover}. The outside is swampy but the inside beautiful. What seemed dead can be resurrected if in unison you utilize the higher Self and the ego self to confront this on going conflict. The trees are in unison, together, as is the physical body and the spiritual Self {Jesus}.

Your progression in overcoming the past, is there signs of a final 'death and resurrection'? Does it remain a matter of ability to do so?

Gerard

Gerard, Through a series of dreams six years ago I received a tremendous healing from an incident which happened to me as a seven year old child. I am beginning to now understand that further or "deeper" healing is unfolding. As I read your response my heart is reacting the same way in which in does when these dreams awaken me from a deep sleep...panicky feeling..which I have come to understand is something I need to take seriously. I feel frightened but also very ready to allow the healing to "crucify" what needs to be put to death. I am ready to fully TRUST the process. Maybe by honoring these dreams through dialogue the fear will let go to the freedom awaiting me. Thank you for the time you put into reviewing both these dreams together. This is a beautiful ministry and if people only knew the profound healing that can occur when one honors the "inner world". Thank you for your kindness...Joan

Hi Joan,

I read some of the responses to your dream, all of which are interesting. I thought I would just weigh in with this one little thought. The one time Jesus asked not to be left and asked to be comforted was when he was in the garden of Gethsemane. So, if it were my dream, I would go back to that story, meditate on it, and see what that opens up for me.

I've been blessed to have had many dreams about Jesus for many years, so I was delighted to see your dream about him.

Rose

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51 Chicago IL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Rose

Thank you for your insight...I will try doing just that and I will let you know if it hit a "nerve". Joan

Joan,
"if people only knew the profound healing that can occur when one honors the "inner world"."

That statement represents a truth that I wish to spread to as many people as I can. Inner truths are most valuable. It takes courage to even confront many of those truths. Then being able to recognize them....
Thank you for recognizing your inner strength.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present