Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreams of nun's habit and monastery life

Two nights ago I dreamed that I was looking at clothing laid out on the bed and the outfit that I chose was a gray nun's habit with a stiff white headpiece not completely unlike that of the Flying Nun (without the wings!) Last night I dreamed that I decided to enter a monastery (not a convent.) I'm wondering how I might be able to learn something from these two rather similar dreams.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Dreams of nun's habit and monastery life

Hi Beth,

What has been happening in your life lately?

Are there any personal memories about nun's clothing?

How would you describe being a 'Nun' to me?

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Beds are often indicative of those intimate layers within our psyche/selves, and clothes usually denote those expressions of emotion and behaviour that we 'wear', your dream imparting that on some intimate layer within your self you have a 'propensity' to become slightly depressive. The colour grey indicates these feelings of depression or lack of vitality, and the nuns 'habit' indicate that these feelings are more a 'habit' or natural tendency through which you choose to donn.

In life we have choices but as humans we are also creatures of 'habit' choosing things which are familiar to us.

the stiff white headpiece may also indicate that there is rigdity of thinking within oneself that leads to a colourless feeling state from time to time, this rigidity of thinking may be around ones own sexuality or some other expression of self that you see in or mirror in a nun. Overall your dream seems to impart the idea that you have choices and that what you feel on occasion is only through your choice to feel this way, its very selective in the sense that it may be a tendency that youve had for years to feel a certain way, Through a little attention one can start to recognise the habit of certain feeling tendencys, as when we recognise how we choose to feel vertain ways we can then proceed to change those tendencys.

Just some avenues to explore

best to you Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Beth,
Clothing often symbolizes your persona or your self image. The grey color may indicate you are not sure about this self image. The nun's habit may represent a choice of appearing chaste, or even as unmarried woman, a maiden.
The second dream may indicate you are looking for the same qualities in a man; unmarried.

Has there been any recent experiences where the marital status {yourself or someone else?} was prominent? Or do you want to present yourself as a 'free' woman who is available {for courtship}?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present