Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Helpful dog, trap.

This is a friend's deam, but I'm posting it up for her. Hope you don't mind.

"I was down by a place called the Watershed near the docks and I went into the building but it had turned into an old-fashioned pub and there was a man sitting on a huge cushion. I knew that he was my dad but he looked nothing like him in RL (real life). I walked out and realised he was following me, then I remembered a trap either he or me had built which looked a bit like a gerbil/hamster cage toy. I walked towards it, trying to get him caught in it so he would stop following me, then he pulled out a sword and stabbed me through the stomach against a pillar, then he pulled it out and left me there until I collapsed.
I was told afterwards I had been in a coma for 7 and a half months, but I was completely fine afterwards so I could leave the hospital. Then the dream switched scene.
A friend of mine (a girl); B, my twin (girl); L and I were all in our house, but the inside had changed a little so it was more modern and B told us it was her house. I was inside a tiny bathroom that had only a shower and a toilet in it and I was trying to lock the door because there was a scary lady outside who was trying to find us. B and L were in the place L's room should be in our RL house and they were safe. There was a big dog that was really intelligent and the trap from the previous scene was at the bottom of the stairs. I was trying to turn the lock of the door so it locked, but it just kept turning, so I pulled on the doorhandle to pretend it was locked, so she would leave me alone.
The scene switched again so that I was in the bedroom with L and B and the dog was just outside the door, then it somehow appeared inside the room and said that the lady was really close. I said "We should climb down the trees outside then run away. B can go first, then me and then L." Because I knew L was the fastest somehow. Then B replied really snidely "Oh sure, let yourself go first." although I had said she could go first. The trees outside had huge flowers growing on them, like in a previous dream.
We decided against the idea in the end and ran downstairs and managed to trap the lady in the trap.
Then I went back to the pub and walked straight past my 'dad' and threw a can in the fire (like firewood ). I left and realised he was following me again. Then he pulled the sword out again, and I knew if he stabbed me again I wouldn't survive, so I walked quickly round a corner and came out on the otherside of the river and then he was pushed inside the trap by the large dog.
Afterwards, I was very confused that I hadn't felt any pain from the stabbing."

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15 England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Helpful dog, trap.

Ivy,
Let me try to sort through this friend's dream, although not knowing the age or gender of your friend may hinder my understanding. I will ass-u-me your friend is similar in age as to you {15} and is a girl.

I get the sense the first part of the dream may be addressing your friend's relationship with her real dad. Something about that relationship 'follows' her around, something that won't let go because of some emotional experience between the two of them. The sword and stabbing is probably expressing something about that emotional relationship {I'll let you look up these two words in the Dream Dictionaries for their possible meanings}. Being in a coma may refer to unconscious experiences that she is not consciously aware of, perhaps something she is repressing or ignoring because of the possible emotional conflicts it brings up. The 7 1/2 months could possibly be pointing to an earlier age in her life {only a possibility}. The fact she felt fine afterwards in the dream may reinfoce that possibility.

But the emotional impact still remains {the old house has changed little}, even to this day.

Bathrooms are where you 'attempt' to eliminate those 'wasteful' things in life that no longer provide nourishment {I add the nourishment part to help define what is expected in a relationship with parents}>. But she has locked the door to that necessity due to the past emotional experience. As long as it is locked away {the place L's room should be in our RL house and they were safe} she will feel safe. This is again a statement about repressing or ignoring past experiences. Trying to turn the knob to lock the door is what she wants to do but the unconscious emotional experience will not let he do that {door handle keeps turning}
The scary lady may be referring to some 'older' aspect of your friend's psyche {assuming she is a girl}. Or it could be a real woman in her waking life. I'll leave that as it is since it would hard to associate it with her actual life.
The big intelligent dog. Dogs can represent our animal nature. It also can represent repressing parts of the psyche, as I have alluded to. It would be natural {animal nature} to repress emotional experiences that caused pain.

Dreams focus on emotional conflicts we all live with. Trying to escape some emotional pain caused by conflicts in life is natural for many. But we can never really get away from them no matter {how fast we run. Once we stop running and confront these emotional conflicts life begins its healing process and becomes much brighter and harmonious {The trees outside had huge flowers growing on them}. That is where I believe this dream is trying to take your friend. To recognize these conflicts and help find a resolution to them.

Firewood added to the fire. Not confronting these emotional experiences can only add to the 'flames'. The stabbing will continue {unconsciously if not consciously}. Consciously, if she is repressing these emotional experiences, she will not feel the pain. But unconsciously they remain and will remain until there is a resolution.

Tell your friend to examine her relationship with her dad and see what pains there may be from that relationship. If I am correct in my assumptions and there is these emotional conflicts involving her dad then she needs to talk to someone about them, an adult, a counselor. Such emotional conflicts can be damaging to her life, her present life as a teen and her future life as well. Let me know what she has to say.

If there are these emotional conflicts in your friend's life, you have done the right thing in posting her dream. It may help her resolve some of those emotional pains that are caused by the conflicts in her life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hello! I'm the friend who had the dream, mentioned in Ivy's post.

Thanks for your reply, it was quite helpful. I do have a kind of weird relationship with my dad as he's an alchoholic (not a violent one or anything) who's going into rehab soon and I haven't seen him in months.

I do repress a lot of stuff. I don't like being affected by my emotions or causing trouble so I normally repress a lot of anger.

I'd say you got a pretty good jist of how I am from the dream ^^"

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Laurie,
I am happy that I could help. It is often difficult interpreting dreams of a young teen but your dream seemed to speak about your relationship with your dad. Most dreams of teens are more focused on ego issues in the current waking life. It is only when there are emotional issues such as yours that dreams point to deeper aspects.
Have you spoken to someone about the relationship? Is your mother available for consultation? The reason I ask is it is most important that such issues are addressed. If let unresolved they can follow you throughout your life and there can be unconscious motivations from these experiences that influence how you act and feel later in life. Often just talking about the relationship will help. Find someone, an adult, perhaps a counselor at school and open up to them. I think you will realize the relief in doing so.

I will look at your other posted dream and see what I can come up with.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present