Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My church/house

I really like this dream.

I dreamt I bought a house, and inside the house was a small chapel. The house was large and with lots of wood floors, tons of old-time charm - this was a large, old well taken care of, farmhouse.
The chapel would still be in use. Apparently, people would still be coming in every Sunday to have service in my home. I thought that would be sweet. I see the chapel has glass doors & wooden pews. On Sunday, they said 'thank you' to me for letting them still come in for it's use. I see the older people who are there smile so warmly at me.
I had been looking at two houses to buy, they were similar, but one was haunted by bad spirits. I was unsure which one I bought. I was told I had bought the house without spirits, but there was one in the house that was loving, that lived in the attic, and was there to help me open doors.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: My church/house

Maureen,
My overall impression of your dream is very positive. Although there may be recent waking experiences having to do with the spiritual I will address the internal aspects of your dream.
When we speak of houses the speech is directed at the dreamer since the house most often represents the dreamer or a direct relationship to the dreamer. A large, well taken care of farm house, this is the internal aspects that make up your life {or the direction your life is headed}. The farmhouse for me indicates you are growing.

One important aspect of Jungian psyche is the spiritual. Jung tells us we all have a spiritual aspect and to discover and utilize that spiritual aspect is a hugh step in living a harmonious and balanced life. And we all have choices to that spiritual side {choice of two houses}. A house with bad spirits is one immersed in the ego-centered outward life. But as Jung states, everyone has the spiritual within although the life may have been more devoted to ego {bad spirits}. Both houses are similar because both represent the dreamer.

The people who attend the chapel {in your dream} are those other aspects that make up who you are. To live a spiritual life is to provide nourishment to the whole self. The task is make that spiritual Self an everyday event. That indicates a complete individuation process is taking place and nothing can be more important than be centered and grounded especially when we approach those mid-life years and beyond.

A couple of other thoughts about spirituality. Religion doesn't make one spiritual. Spirituality is as much nature based, giving respect to all 'God's' creation, including if not primarily nature. Farmhouses are a good symbolic representation of 'creating' from the earth. Perhaps it is more appropriate to state "giving respect to all of 'Goddess's' creation".

And the word creation. When one discovers the creative aspect they are dwelling in the spiritual realm. An artist, song writer, musician, anything that gives from the soul is spiritual. If you do it for money you are off your track. If you do it for the soul you are engaging in the spiritual quest of the hero/heroine cycle. Thus the directive, "May the Force be with you". Nature has its mechanisms that provide nourishment to the soul. "let go and let God". "Let go, use the Force".

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: My church/house

Thanks for your reply, Gerard.

I knew when I woke up that this was a good dream. I have felt very peaceful and calm, more so than in the past. I've gotten through some big emotional hurdles in the past few years. Just to be where I am today makes me extremely grateful for the misery. This deepened my relationship with God, and heightened my guidance.

A memorable dream for sure -thanks again.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present