Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death, fire and tears

My Dream, please help and give me a better understanding :-) :

Im working maybe in a small Asian manual labour job, I cant stop constantly crying and nether can the other people im working with (3 others). Im warned by a women that if I keep crying I will somehow cause a fire and will die (like my tears are flamable). I still contunue crying because I cant stop, and accept I might die, then the Women comes back and throws a flame into the building and it causes a fire (similar to a gas fire), and I die instantly. .

Also I have been dreaming of assassination of a high powered person (like a President), and the after drama's of it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, New Zealand

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Death, fire and tears

Hayden,
First, don't look at your dream of dying as a literal act. It isn't. It is most likely symbolic of an emotional conflict. Dreams use symbols and metaphor as the language to address the emotions. You probably need to release some stored up emotions {crying and tears}. Women in your dream probably represent feminine aspects which also would fit with the emotional conflicts {crying and tears}. Dying in dreams often represent a transformation from one thing or aspect to another. That transformation would probably come by resolving the emotional conflicts in your life. You may be 'labouring' these conflicts but the emotional strains are getting to be too much.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Hayden,
Thank you for sharing your dream. I feel it is commenting on an attitude/belief/perception that you currently have that needs to be "killed off". Now all you have to do is figure out what it relates to in your real life.

The words that came to my mind about the "small Asian Labour Shop" is "sweatshop" - working in bad conditions, due to heat, under a lot of pressure. And beads of sweat are like tears. When sweat gets in your eyes it stings like fire.

The threat by the woman makes you feel like you will cause the fire, and in an indirect way you do, but you don't actually physically start the fire. It's more like - if you do this, then I will do that - cause and effect, which in a way is a little "self-destructive". This attitude/belief/perception you have, when it starts to play out is self-destructive. Now remember what Gerard said in his post - it's not a literal death. It's more to do with the ending of something in your life - a relationship - a hobby - a certain job. It's a pattern that keeps on recurring.

So does any of this ring with anything in your real life? It may be up to 3 weeks prior to the dream. The dream is telling you something about yourself that you are not conscious of.

I have also had dreams about Presidents and in my case it worked out as being a symbol of the "King". We don't have Kings anymore. but Presidents. In dreams the "King" is like a ruler, or ruling principle, something that is ruling over you. A lot like the attitude/belief/perception that is causing this self-destructive pattern.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

I feel that the dream is addressing some kind of situation that you are in like a job, school, relationship, etc. as the "sweatshop." You also don't like the situation and want out of it, "crying." But there is someone that not only forces you to stay in the situation, but forces you to keep a smile on, "the woman." May I assume that because of the gender of the overseer that the bad situation is a relationship? You are likely afraid that if you show her your true colors that she'll do something bad to you, "setting you on fire."

I hope this helps,
~~~Michael Cox

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17, IN

Hayden, I heard a song that made me instantly think of your dream, so I am passing it on for you to read. It won't give you the interpretation, but it may add depth to the situation and charcters in your dream.

"Bring Me To Life"
by Evanescence

how can you see into my eyes like open doors
leading you down into my core
where I’ve become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and lead it back home

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become

now that I know what I’m without
you can't just leave me
breathe into me and make me real
bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)

Bring me to life
(I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside)
Bring me to life

frozen inside without your touch without your love darling only you are the life among the dead

all this time I can't believe I couldn't see
kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems
got to open my eyes to everything
without a thought without a voice without a soul
don't let me die here
there must be something more
bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)

(Bring me to life)
I’ve been living a lie, there’s nothing inside
(Bring me to life)

When I first read your dream the fairytale of "The Snow Queen" popped into my head, but I couldn't see the connection. In this story the hero has a very small piece of glass put inside his eye, which clouds his judgement on everything good in the world. It was the Snow Queen's fault. The hero believes it is a speck of snow, and what melt the snow to become water, but fire. How can you see something that is in your eye? You can't you can only feel it! This theme is reflected in the song lyrics about being frozen inside. The thing about the dream and the fairytale and the song, is that the person is actually being "saved", rather than the perception of being "killed".

Hope this helps.

Stephen

Thank you so much guys for your thought out replies, it’s really great to know people are out there that can help me, as it has scared me that this dream keeps coming back and replaying.

I have just finished a long term relationship, which has been hard and stressful. We did not communicate that well, which I putting it down to me being more of a collective person (but def not needy), and the other person being more of an individualist personality type, which caused a clash. We are thinking of maybe getting back together despite our differences.

Stephen you mentioned that something “needs to be killed off”, do you think it has to do with changing my collective way of thinking (or my thinking in general), my attitude and perception?, or that the relationship needs to be properly finished ?, or …….. ???

Michael your right, I am trying to put a smile on still, even though it’s hard, as I don’t want to force my mood or unhappiness on to others. I’m also worried about showing her my true colors as I don’t want her to think or me as week for being quite caring.

Thnaks GERARD for thr great site !!

Hi Hayden,

After reading what your wrote in your last post I can see the link with the "Snow Queen" fairy tale and the ending of the realtionship. It is basically the story of a boy who meets a girl and they start to form a relationship together, but then the piece of glass gets into his eye and then he chooses to go with the Snow Queen, leaving his girlfriend behind. The hero must stay for a time with the Snow Queen and put the puzzle of the broken mirror back together, and the girlfriend has her own set of tasks to do, before they can get together. So this would indicate to me that you both have work to do to get back together. it is the piece of glass in your eye that is causing you to break up with your girlfriend - meaning your perception is blurred - can't see clearly. I have a feeling the woman in your dream is the pattern of the Snow Queen - the negative aspects of the Anima. Both the tasks of the boy and the girl will take time. Psychologically, you may well be projecting the negative aspects of the Anima onto your girlfriend and it takes time to transform the Anima into a more positive form. time to forget the girl. In the fairy tale the hero is taken away from society to the north pole so that would indicate isolation with the Snow Queen.

The problem for you, if this is the pattern, is that any girl you are attracted to will probably have the hook for you to project the negative anima onto. This is the self-destructing pattern. The paradox is that you need the Snow Queen to get the piece of glass out of your eye, and then the girl gets back with the boy. Actually, from memory, the snow queen tells the boy if he can't solve the puzzel he will die. If you get back with your girlfriend before you solve the puzzel you will just end up projecting the negative Anima on to her again and again and again.

I don't think it is a matter of getting to know the Snow Queen. She is very powerful and she treats the boy as a plaything. She turns up when she wants to. You cannot control her. She is very demanding and can kill (not literally) with the snap of her fingers. She doesn't even want your love. All she wants you to do is complete the puzzel. Many have tried before and not succeeded. Now it is your turn.

This is all happening in your psyche and the inner world is also reflected in the outer world. What you could do is get the most difficult jigsaw puzzle you can buy, one with about 25,000 pieces and complete it in your spare time. It has to be difficult. Then when it is finished it will be time to think about getting back with your girlfriend. The last piece of the jigsaw puzzle should represent the piece of glass in your eye.

The Anima in a man is his soul, or his fantasy life. Following through with this line of thinking in a way pays homage to the Anima. You are believeing that a fairy tale can have an influence on your real life. Thereby honoring a fantasy life, which should be enough to transform the anima into a more positive energy.

Stephen

Hayden,
We now know what the feminine aspect is in your dream. I appreciate the response because it does show how someone your age can use symbols in dreams. The major task in interpreting dreams of someone who is under 40 is to determine which is most prominent when interpreting symbols. Personal associations {as with your dream and real life female relationship} or symbolic representations, your own feminine/anima aspects.

Of course the anima probably could have a role in the dream. You describe yourself as 'collective person' {but not needy}. This is opposite your female relationship who is more of an individualist. Is one more feminine {trait} than the other {individualist being a masculine trait}? Understanding the dream is important but the underlying causes to personality traits is just as important. What makes you do the things you do?

As for getting back together. Is there something about the relationship that makes you believe it will work despite the differences? It may be important to give it another try but if upfront the possibilities are not good, well perhaps by being honest about those possibilities will save both of you the pain of another split. But do what your heart tells you. Failure can be an important experience for the future.
But if you see a pattern, attaching yourself to the same type of person in relationships that you know from previous experience will not work, then you may want to give more attention to the underlying causation to your actions.
{I am very keen on causation to the personality since my own experiences have shown me I did things unconsciously that were stimulated by childhood and early teenage experiences}.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Thanks guys for both of your replies, your experence and understanding is a great help. Im a little confused though as the replies and interprations are quite different, but I guess the just says who differcult of task it is to interpreat for others, I hope one day I will have a better understand myself, so I can interprate them myself (with a little help of course !).

stats from 7-14-10 to the present