Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
roses

I had this dream a couple of nights ago. I was watching the scene from my bedroom window, it was happening on the garden. A friend of mine (F) took a furious, savage bite of a rose. The rose was very big, pale pink colour and blooming lushly. After she took the bite, she blew all the remaining petals into an old lady I know, who laughed rather bitterly. Everything around them was green, and I felt somehow serene, at peace with everything.

Thanks for the help.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: roses

Willow,
A good possibility this is a dream dealing with 'matters of the heart'. Exactly what aspects of the heart a 16 year would focus on is a hard one to answer. It is a time of blossoming, not only of the body but too of the heart. Let's try this.

If we put roses {heart} with bedrooms {sex} we have romance. Since this is all happening in the garden {growth, maturing} then perhaps you are unconsciously confronting the before and after states of romance {old lady}. Some stimulus from previous days involving older women {and romance} may have caused such a dream. And of course at 16 everything is beautiful when it comes to love and romance. Everything is green, ready to grow. And it is springtime.

Here is a favorite poem to do with the hearth you may enjoy.

So through the eyes love attains the heart:
For the eyes are the scouts of the heart,
And the eyes go reconnoitering
For what it would please the heart to possess.
And when they are in full accord
And firm, all three, in one resolve,
At that time, perfect love is born
From what the eyes have made welcome to the heart.
Not otherwise can love either be born or have commencement
Than by this birth and commencement moved by inclination.
By the grace and by command
Of these three, and from their pleasure,
Love is born, who its fair hope
Goes comforting her friends.
For as all true lovers
Know, love is perfect kindness,
Which is born - there is no doubt - from the heart and eyes.

Guiraut de Borneilh (c. 1138-1200?)

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: roses

Hello Gerard,

thanks for the poem. Believe it or not, I've only just borrowed a collection of french poetry, and the troubadour chapter is still ahead of me.

Now I have this weird feeling I have to share my favourite poem too -- it's from a book called A Little Anthology of Japanese Poetry, but it's in my mother language and I think the whole beauty of it lies in the translation, it sounds ... wonderful (it's probably really hard to translate Japanese poetry, the language is so very different, so I guess the translation could be considered as a poem for itself ...). So I'm probably doing a huge injustice to the poem right now , anyway:

After I have seen you like in a dream
I felt as if my body and heart had decomposed
Alike the snow, when sliding on the ground
From darkened skies.
(Author is unknown)

And yeah, the interpretation is basically right. I am thinking a lot how do people fall in love, and why do we have to fall out of love ... The life of romance. Thanks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present