Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tree's in pots

Hi i keep having dreams with tree's inthem that are in pots...first one was in my garden, my sister put them there...

second one was set in japan, at my friends house looking out into the street..

i think some were in trash cans as well..

thanks

Ed

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 london uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes a while back

Re: tree's in pots

Ed,
Trees are often symbolic of personal growth and/or your true self. Placing yourself in a pot may be something hindering your growth. It is best to have yourself planted firmly in a 'garden' where growth is 'natural'

Where does Japan fit into your life? Are you contemplating a move in your life and the path that seems most attractive or best fits is in some other place? Perhaps that will help with all the 'trash' that has accumulated in your life.
Or is accumulating new trash that will need to be dealt with?

Hard to provide a real interpretation without having the complete dream to analyze.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks Gerard!

well i was thinking of getting enough money to get a place in the countryside to do spiritual work on my own...bassically to get away from it all.

Japan i have allways thought as a beautifull country and one where spirituality is prized..

i don't remember the rest of the dream i'm afraid, sorry!

Perhaps i have no spiritual grounding,no legs to stand upon...

i'll see what i dream tonight and whether there are the same features within..

Thanks again!

Ed

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Ed,
Have you given more thought to spiritual matters in recent days? I see you study martial arts so there is some Eastern influence from that. Gardens are often used as dream symbols to represent spiritual growth. Of course Japanese Zen gardens are most beautiful and places of spiritual retreat and meditation.

Have you studied any Eastern philosophies such as Buddhism, Zen being the predominant religion in Japan? If it is a spiritual matter the dream is trying to address, these experiences could very well be metaphors in your dream.

Add your dream about the cross, and the opposition from your sister to it
{she would represent a feminine aspect, and perhaps too representing opposition to your established faith {Christianity}. Being introduced to Eastern philosophies could very well cause doubts to your faith. The attraction of discipline and self realization {exactly what Buddhism is about-its a psychology}. Put to gether and you have a case to what the dram may be addressing. Your having studied other religions probably has caused you to be more opened minded. That is something Christianity will not allow.

Note: I had a religious affiliation with the Church of Christ and Southern Baptist churches when I was young and a teen. But once I started studying other religions I realized there is more than just one truth. I have come to the conclusion that religion often gets in the way of being truly spiritual {spirituality being a feminine aspect...opposite the masculine Western religions of Christianity, Islam and Judaism}.

Your 'weird type of schizophrenia' may be influencing psyche cogitation. Whereas it may be negatively influencing your mental condition, it could also render deeper intuitive insights. Jungian psychology recognizes the power of the human psyche, albeit a natural power, of nature, and how those extra ordinary senses such as intuitiveness can be enhanced. His work with schizophrenia patients early in his career help pave the way to understanding how mythological images are also images witnessed nightly in our dreams {universal images or archetypes}. There may be natural instincts being aroused with your psyche that are opposite your waking life religious beliefs.

False memories. If you care to speak more about that, keeping it to a point where you feel comfortable, what kind of false memories do you have. Although I work with dreams my deeper interest is in the psyche {Psychology}. It would be interesting to know more about your condition and possible psyche experiences {psyche being different from psychic...psyche is nature, psychic comes across as something supernatural}.

One other important aspect about your dream is your age. Normally spirituality would not be the first thing I look for in a dream of someone your age. Most dreams posted by 20 year olds are outer focused, whereas spirituality is an inner thing and more prevalent in older person's dreams. I sense these dreams being more inner than outer. Of course the whole of it all is the conflict between the outer, the ego, and the inner, true self/spiritual.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard, thanks for writing all that....i'mactually 28, don't know if that adds anything to your thoughts at al..

false memories....there is a lot to say...i'llget back to this in a bit, i have some college work to doright now..

to be honest email would be better for me to talk about it, because i don't really want it allon a public forum....

thanks!!

Ed

Ed,
Perfectly fine to use e-mail. You can contact me by clicking on the mailbox at the left, and below my name.

Gerard

thanks...email sent....just a short one!

peace

Ed

stats from 7-14-10 to the present