Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Feeling filled dream

First off, I was in a large social setting, like a big banquet, when I discover I am wearing a shirt but nothing on the bottom. I try and sit so no one notices then end up searching for something to cover up. No one really seems to notice too much. I end up being near a large beautiful lake, there are lots of people around so I ask for a towel from several people to cover up but no one gives me one. I go into the water because then no one will notice. As I am wading around I notice someone I had had a sexual encounter with about 10 years ago who is now married with a child. He looks like a picture I had seen of him weighing considerabley more than he does now. I saw him in real life about 6 months ago and there was some attraction then but nothing came of it. There is noticeable attraction in my dream. I start swimming away and end up in this beautiful lagoon type area with trees hanging low. There is people scattered here and there. The guy from my past swam behind me and entered me with his fingers. I was extremely turned on. We began to have sex kinda part way out of the water. All of the sudden there was someone I recognized (not sure who he was tho?) sitting watching us. I was not into it anymore and began to have intense feelings of guilt for the fact that this guy was married and also because of my feelings towards the guy I am currently sleeping with who does not want a relationship but I would like one. The scene all of the sudden changes. This next part is a bit hazy. I remember being in an apartment that is apparently mine and I have a male roommate (cant remember who he is tho). I am having to move suddenly due to some big failure on my part. It seems I have lost my job and am moving back home with my parents (I am 30 so haven’t lived at home in a long time). I am leaving almost everything I own behind. I have feeling of extreme failure and depression.

When I first woke up I did not remember the dream but later today it all came to me and I am left feeling confused but no real residual feelings.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No i just discovered this site

Re: Feeling filled dream

Hi Brandi,
Thank you for sharing your dream. Two amplifications came to me while I was re-reading your post. These won't give you the interpretation, but the may add depth to the patterns that are occuring in the dream.

The first that came to me was the myth of Hephaestus (God of the Forge, craftsman, inventor, loner) and Aphrodite (Goddess of love, beauty,creativity, lover), who were married, but Aphrodite starts having flings with Ares. Hephaestus in typology is intraverted sensation with feeling and Aphrodite is extraverted sensation.

The other amplification is "The Garden of Eden" at the point after the apple is eaten and Adam and Eve's nakedness becomes conscious resulting in guilt and shame and being cast out of the garden (also a pattern in Hephaestus as his parents threw him off Mt Olympus due to his ugliness). So in my opinion the dream is about you "fitting in", but the bull has already left the gate. You can't go back. The apple has been eaten and you have been cast out. How many times have I wished I could turn back the hands of time and do something differently. An opportunity to shine, which I don't use because my old patterns prevent me from going down that path. Oh well. It will come around again.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks for responding Stephen. It has definitely given me something to think about with that symbolization.

I just wanted to add something. I haven't been able to stop thinking about this dream all day,so I think it obviously has more to it than I may have thought at first. I even went looking for pictures of what I called a "lagoon" earlier and what I found was not what I saw in my dream. I did however find almost exactly the type of place I saw but called a "bayou" located in the southern states. Low hanging willow trees , lush green, fallen wood. though the water was much clearer than the pics I found, more like lake water. I found this interesting since the guy I had mentioned I am currently having a sexual relationship with recently shared his love for the southern states. Not sure if this is somehow related to the dream or not?

Thanks! I also wanted to mention that I love this site having explored it more since my previous post!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Interesting what you located about the lake down south and how your boyfriend is dead keen on the southern states. This may be a reflection of your inner world about heading down south, to the inferior function. Have you undertake a Myer Briggs Typlogoy test to ascertain your primary typology?

Stephen

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I just took the test. It says I am ESFJ. A Guardian.
* very expressed extravert
* moderately expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

The guy who likes the southern states is not my boyfriend just a lover i guess you could say, tho I am crazy about him and want a real relationship from him.

Hi Brandi,

Looks like the Hephaestus and Aphrodite myth then. So at the moment your dominant feminine is the Aphrodite pattern and your Animus is dominated with Hepaestus, therefore creating the myth. So travelling south would be to "Introverted Intuition". This is the goddess Hestia (Goddess of the Hearth and Temple, Wise Woman and Maiden Aunt).

Get the book "Goddesses in Everywoman" by Jean Shinoda Bolen and it will describe everything you need to know.
Would you say the guy you are dating at the moment is an intravert or extravert?

Stephen

stats from 7-14-10 to the present