Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Very Disturbed

I had a dream that disturbed me very much. I woke up in the middle of a panic attack. In my dream I was being forced down on my bed by a life size doll without a head. The monster's intention was rape. The doll was like the kind I played with as a little girl, plastic hands and feet and a soft body. I know this is really weird, but if anyone can give me some kind of feedback, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 SC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Very Disturbed

Kaycee,
If you could provide more of the dream it would be of great help in understanding its intended message. I'll offer some possibilities and see if any fit with your life.

One possibility is you possess a real fear of being raped. although rape in a dream is often symbolic, if there is a deep seeded fear of it then that could be a reflection in your dream of your fear. If this is the case then we would have to fit the headless doll. In the dream you describe it as a monster and being without a head may suggest there is something within your head that is frightening to you. That could fit with the fear of rape.
But then there is the added description 'The doll was like the kind I played with as a little girl'. If indeed the dream is addressing a fear of rape then the little girl part could represent a time when such fears began in your life. The message of the dream could be about fears you possess.

On the other hand rape in your dream may be a metaphor for something else {which very often is the case}. It could represent feelings of being victimized {other than an actual rape}, or feeling drained by someone or something in your life {see rape in the Dream Dictionaries}. The monster could be a person or even something within yourself that is creating this panic. The life sized doll without a head is most likely symbolic and I would guess it represent some part of yourself. Then the monster would be something inside you and not a real person. That goes to the childhood experiences with dolls. The monster inside you could be the product of some past experience, during childhood?, that has caused this inner monster. Is there any past experiences from childhood involving abuse?

I wouldn't look at the dream and see it as predicting the future {that you will be raped}. Predicting future events is not a normal function of dreams. I would think the dream is dealing with some emotional fears whose stimulus could be tied to childhood. The fear may be real {{due to past experiences} or could be symbolic of something else in your present life that is threatening to you and possibly draining you of your energies.

If you could post more of the dream, preferably the dream as you remember it, we may be able to discern more about the intent of the dream message.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present