Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Airport, black dresses, train station, stadium seats

I dreamt that I had taken a flight to or from another country and I had arrived in the airport with my ex girlfriend (who I am still good friends with) and her daughter. While I waited at the customs or immigration desk to be processed, both of them walked out the door of the airport. I thought they were just going outside for a little while and that they would be right back and since I thought that I wouldn't be allowed to leave before being processed I waited until it I got to the head of the line and went up to the counter to talk to the representative. When I told him what flight I had got off he said that I didn't have to stop at the customs or immigration desk because that airline had taken care of it when I had booked the flight and he named the airline which sounded like Max or Fax. As I headed out the door to catch up with my ex and her daughter, I thought to myself that I must remember to book with that airline the next time I travel provided that it wasn't much more expensive than the others.
When I got outside the airport I didn't see them but somehow I knew that they here on foot maybe walking toward the bus stop and had not taken a cab or something. I caught up with them by the roadside at a place which may have been a bus stop or maybe they had just chose that location to stop and wait for me. I notice they were wearing Black dresses and one of them was sitting on a large rock. The other was standing. The road that we were on was at the edge of a precipice and as I looked over toward the precipice I saw an elevated railroad track with a train station underneath.
I suggested to my ex that we should take the train to our destination if it is going our way and she agreed. In order to get down from the precipice and reach the train station we had to climb down some stadium benches which happend to be right there. For some reason they climbed down a different set of benches than I did. Their way down was easier but mine was more difficult.

There may have been more but I can't remember.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Miami, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? N

Re: Airport, black dresses, train station, stadium seats

Hi Charles,
Thank you for sharing this dream. An amplification that came to me that might help with the depth of this dream is the movie "Planes, Trains and Automobiles". it is about a guy trying to get home to his family for thanksgiving with a guy who is really annoying. Everything that could go wrong to these guys goes wrong. Steve Martin plays a guy who is a businessman who is very uptight and John Candy plays a guy that means well but talks a lot and can be very annoying. Together they have the worst luck they could possibly have. During their venture they learn a lot from each other and become really good friends.

So it is not about the destination, but the journey. Not about where you ended up with your ex-girlfriend, but what you had together during your time with her.

Personally, I found the movie very frustrating because I used to be the type of person that would identify with the Steve Martin character. Now, I am more hanging loose in the juice.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Airport, black dresses, train station, stadium seats

Charles,
The relatively long narrative that is in the first paragraph seems to be addressing a transition in your life where the process of changing has left {and continues to leave} a feeling of well being when it could have been a lot worse.

Going thru airports has become a real hassle and your dream experience is opposite that.

That process may involve the continuing relationship with your ex-girlfriend. Although the relationship has ended it has done so in a relatively peaceful manner and the two of you continue to be friends. Since her daughter is continually in the dream, she may symbolize the new and refreshing aspect of the relationship you share with your ex {the daughter being something new and refreshing, as opposed to the failed relationship where the mother is the old}. The daughter could also represent two sides of your ex-girlfriend, one an expected unamicable relationship and the other the actual refreshing relationship.

In fact as I look at the entire dream I see the same relationship being addressed in the dream. The two of you {you and your ex} are headed for the same destination {an amicable relationship}. Both are wearing Black dresses which may represent the past {failed aspect of the relationship but one is standing and the other is sitting on a large rock. These are opposite positions {standing and sitting} which would represent the opposites of what usually would be difficult times when two people break up. The hard rock would represent solid principles both of you possess.

But there are pitfalls that you may now either fear or intuitively feel may become a problem {the edge of a precipice }. It may require extra effort to continue to elevate this peaceful track {elevated train track}. Your desire, and your ex's also, is to continue on this track of peaceful coexistence {I suggested to my ex that we should take the train to our destination if it is going our way and she agreed}. There are many hurdles to clear but the desire by both parties make it possible to do so {reach the train station we had to climb down some stadium benches which happened to be right there}. The two of you are now on different paths in life {they climbed down a different set of benches than I did} and it may be more difficult for you than her {your ex may seem to be able to cope better with the amicable relationship than you}. There may be reasons for it being easier for her and more difficult for you.
could there possibly be lingering feelings for your ex on your part?}.

If the dream is not addressing the relationship with your ex then look for other aspects in your life that would fit the same scenario of events I have laid out {it would be a feminine context}. But my impression is it involves the relationship with your ex since she is continually and so prominently in the dream.

Your response would be appreciated. Perhaps it will provide more clues to the dream message.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present