Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream of an owl

I dreamt that i was in convertible car and an owl flew over me then landed in a tree and I starred into it's glowing eyes at the same time i push my husband away and i felt he was dead but i also had the taste of blood (death) in my mouth

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 whittier ca

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: dream of an owl

yolanda,
What is the relationship with your husband? Are there true feelings that you are holding back? Is the relationship 'dead' and perhaps you have yet to admit it?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Yolanda,

In addition to Gerards questions can you also answer the following.

Do you have any personal experiences with convertibles? How would you describe being in a convertible.

Do you have any persoanl experiences with owls? What do you personally think about when you hear the word "Owl"?

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Also, can you remember who was driving the convertible?

Stephen

Hi Yolanda,

During the day an amplification came into my head which reminded me of the dream you had.

The owl is generally considered to be the symbol for the Goddess Athena (Extaverted Thinking Sensation) for her wisdom. Athena is sensate which means an association to the five senses, and three of them are represented in the dream - taste, touch and sight. Now a little known fact is that Athena turned Medusa into the snake haired creature she is commonly remembered as today. And it is this myth that I feel the dream is playing out. Medusa turns men to stone with her eyes, thus the feeling that your husband was dead. It was through your touch that you felt he was dead, which may be like something that is stiff and cold, like stone. The head of Medusa is actually on the shield or armour of Athena. Now here's the tricky part. The convertible in your dream is like an armour, but there is no roof, which means that the head is exposed, and this is how Medusa was killed by Perseus, by having her head cut off, using the shield of Athena as a mirror, so that Perseus didn't look directly into her eyes and as a result turn to stone. The taste of blood, could well be the psychic connection with the decapitation.

So if all the characters in the myth are you, then you may have energies dominating your unconscious that are playing this myth out, and then this is what is projected onto people who are close to you.

Then what power does a woman have that would turn a man to stone. Maybe the ability to suck the life out of a man with the words that she chooses to use in their everyday conversations.

Have a think about this myth and see if you can connect with anything that is playing out in your real life. Remember, it is all unconsious, so you may not see it straight away.

Stephen

now I also want to add that in the moment of the drean where I felt myself pushing my husband away i also had the feeling as if he had cheated on me and in that split second i saw the face of a long time femail friend

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Dear Gerard,

Thank you for inviting me to participate of your forum!

Dear Yolanda, here is my interpretation for you:

“I dreamt that i was in convertible car”

- This car is the way your life is moving, it represents the way you live. You are protected in a convertible.

“and an owl flew over me then landed in a tree and I starred into it's glowing eyes”

- The birds mean “news”. They are good news if they are peaceful birds, or they represent bad news when they are offensive wild birds. The owl is a wild bird, so the news are not good. However it is related to wisdom, because this is its symbolic meaning. It landed in a tree and the tree symbolizes life.

In other words: you are going to learn something bad, but this knowledge will make you wiser. The wisdom will remind you of your life, because you have neglected it.

“at the same time i push my husband away and i felt he was dead but i also had the taste of blood (death) in my mouth”

- You push your husband away because you don’t really want him. Since he is the person you love, the information you have in the dream is related to him, not to your personal world, and it shall not be interpreted as we would interpret this part of the dream if he was not your husband, but any other person.

His death means separation. He is going to die for you, even though he may continue to live of course; his death is only for you. It shall not be interpreted as a prevision or something like that. He will remain alive, but for you he will be dead.

You feel the taste of blood in your mouth because you are going to suffer with what will happen, but this suffering will be only in your mouth, not in your heart, meaning that you are only going to supposedly suffer with the separation.

Now, you have to think a lot and try to understand why the wise unconscious mind sent you this message. It is trying to make you awake up and face reality, without any doubt.

If you want to ask me anything or to tell me something about your life and your previous dreams, I will be able to help you more, because only a dream doesn’t say much. We need a series of dreams in order to really understand what is happening with the person.

Take care!

Christina Sponias

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 years old - Athens - Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Yo! yolanda, "What is the relationship with your husband? Are there true feelings that you are holding back? Is the relationship 'dead' and perhaps you have yet to admit it?".
This is from my first post to your dream.

If you suspect he has cheated on you then that would answer the possibilities of the 'dead' symbolism of the dream. Did the first suspicion cause you to 'die' inside, perhaps if true, the beginning of the death of the relationship? Dreams reflect your true emotions. The blood in the mouth would represent the 'energy' from the unconscious that has yet to be communicated consciously. The suspicious have drain that energy from you and betrayed that most sacred trust of fidelity.

Instead of 'admitting' the term should have been doubt, the doubts about his fidelity.

Is it from your 'intuitive' senses that first made you suspicious of his cheating? That's the owl, the wise intuitive self and the tree is those deepest and most honest emotions, your true self. I dare say you have looked into his eyes with suspicion, witnessing his glowing eyes in a test of truthfulness.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Yolanda, I believe that the last part of the dream only confirms my previous interpretation.

Forgive your husband for his mistakes and take care of your life. You have a lot to learn and develop, there are many things you ignore.

Continue taking notes of your dreams and the wise unconscious mind will show you the way to peace and happiness.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

in response to gerard questions....

my relationship with my husband has been very stressed since my suspicions of infidelity, we constantly argue over petty things and our intimacy is all but void. He tends to involve himself with video games than to have some kind of conversation or relationship with me

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Yolanda,

A part of the myth I censored was that Athena turned Medusa into the hideous creature because she had a fling with Poseidon.

One thing to be very mindful of Yolanda, is that dreams are never, never literal. The images that the unconscious throws up at us are like a reflection from a mirror. They show us our recent state of being, without the total interaction of the ego. This is the ambiguous nature of the unconscious.

The scene with your husband, when you push him away would all in probablilty be feelings of betrayal and deception. But only you know how you would react if the scene in your dream was real. It is your emotional response that is the pattern and I bet you that your emotional response is the pattern that is also reflected in the Medusa myth.

The dream is only a certain part of the myth and I believe that this keeps on playing over and over unitl you get it and move on to the next segment and so on and so on, until all the dominant energies have played their parts out and then another pattern is introduced for you to work through. This is why individuation is a life long process. it never stops. It just goes on and on until the body dies.

Stephen

So Yolanda, going back to what you said about what you felt as you pushed your husband away - was the feeling of being "cheated" during the dream or after the dream. So is there a recent real life experience that reminds you of being "cheated". Cheated out of, a reward; time; a promotion; life etc.

I bet Medusa felt cheated for being turned into creature that could no longer touch another man.

Stephen

Dear Yolanda, no matter which interpretation you follow: the truth is visible in your dream.

Your relationship with your husband is problematic and needs solution.

Keep caring about your dreams and taking notes. They will help you immensely!

Hi Yolanda,
There is really only one person who knows what the interpretation of your dream is, and that is you. The amplification I supplied is not an interpretation, but a way to add depth to the meaning of the symbols used in the dream, due to the pattern that appears.

The dream came from within your psyche and is a comment on a situation that you had out in the world, or within your head, but it is YOUR experience either way.

The other thing is that dream interpretation is very difficult. The origin of the dream came from your unconscious meaning that you are not conscious of it in real life. But not knowing what your real life experiences have been like of late, it is very unlikely that an accurate interpretation can be uncovered.

Stephen

stats from 7-14-10 to the present