Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
loss of teeth

I'm having a recurring dream; everything is fine as i'm going along doing whatever, and suddenly my teeth start to fall out. I feel them come out individually in my mouth then fall into my hands, it feels so real i can feel the roots of the teeth and the empty space in my mouth, it really worries me so i always wake up afterwards.

---i have read some of the other posts regarding this topic, but i don't know, i feel unsatisfied.
thanks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: loss of teeth

Hi Christie,

Thank you for sharing you dream.

First of all, let's get your personal associations to teeth. What are your attitudes/beliefs about your teeth? What do you think teeth represent, without going to a dream dictionary. Like, when I say the word "teeth" what comes to your mind.

Both personal and collective meanings should be taken into consideration.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

chiristie,
There are many possibilities to the symbolism of your teeth falling out. Perhaps the depiction of the teeth falling out individually and into your hands provides a clue. Here are two possible definitions of teeth that may fit with your dream:

1} Teeth often represent decisions, therefore problems with teeth may represent long-standing indecisiveness or an inability to assimilate, analyze or make decisions
Possible explanation: If you are having trouble making decisions {hands often symbolize ability} then the dream may be addressing those problems. The roots to these difficult decisions may lie in your ability to make proper decisions based on facts and not emotions.
Are you the emotional type that may let those emotions get in the way of decision making?

2} Losing teeth may represent an identity crisis {less likely than the above possibility}
Is appearance a concern to you, your appearance? If so then perhaps you put too much importance on identity and how that is projected to others.

Does either of the above fit. Also take a look at the Dream Dictionaries {all 3} and see if any of those possibilities fit.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

i dont really have anything helpful to say, im sorry! but when i first got braces in 8th grade i kept having dreams about losing my teeth pretty much every night, or having some sort of screwed up thing happen to my mouth. i think its either appearance insecurity or maybe just insecurity with anything very pesonal in your life. i dont know but ive had those too!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 tx

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Dani,
The dreams of lossing your teeth when you were 12 and with braces would be normal since you were actually doing something with your real teeth {if not for braces there may be problems with lossing your real teeth later in life}. And the appearance of having braces would play into the appearance aspect. The appearance insecurity could be the best explanation for your dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

I had a similar dream! Me and my sis looked in the mirror and my teeth were rotting downwards and hers were rotting and growing upwards, kinda sharp and pointed!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15, England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present