Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreams about Eating Spiders

I dream I'm eating spiders for food. What does this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 - Milpitas, California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? NO

Re: Dreams about Eating Spiders

Shanalyn,
The deeper possibilities of the dream may involve seeking to better understand things about yourself. Are you experiencing new ideas or concepts that provide deeper insights to who you are? The nourishment you are being provided {food} may have to do with either spiritual and/or creative aspect , or an intuitive understanding of some less ego-centered aspects in your life.

If it involves current waking life experience {as opposed to the above deeper aspects} then you may be contemplating new possibilities in your life that will enhance your well being and emotional needs.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn. {Nashville}

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

For many, spiders are often creatures that evoke fear, or anxiety. Eating spiders in your dream suggests that you have been digesting your fears lately. Is there any where in your life where you feel you have overcome fears that you may have had?, maybe in response to starting something new, or fears that were about your personal sense of security either financially or relationship security?

Just some ideas to ponder...

Good Luck Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Marce presents a good possibility. If you will apply the different possibilities these three words may mean to your waking life you may be able to find associations if not the answer.
Eating often will symbolize consuming something. The spider would be key to the plot {dreams are stories about you, most often with a plot, addressing your emotional self}. If spiders symbolize a fear or fears, is it something that is consuming you emotionally?

Food is nourishment. Emotional nourishment but what kind? Are you feeding {consuming} off your fears possibly making things even worse? Negativity leads to further negativity and you tend put yourself at a disadvantage in most things you do.

On the other hand if this is addressing the deeper psyche issues then look to those possibilities. Marce's interpretation would be dealing as much with the outer waking issues, with the emotional fears being central to that, while I provide possibilities that are more reflective of the inner self, creative and spiritual. And of course as Jung teaches us, both {or neither} possibilities could apply {two interpretations to every dream}.

And let's not overlook the possibility of the spider as representative of the feminine power. I used the term intuitive in my interpretation becuase I sensed the spider as a feminine aspect. A positive feminine aspect.
The spider is you.

Your age presents an added difficulty in interpreting dreams. You are at that 'start' stage of mid-life possibilities where a person begins to look inward as much as outward {centered building of ego/personality}. Mid-life is a lot about looking inward. If your world is still the practical outer world then the Marce's suggestion may fit best. If your are more introspective and mature the intuitive aspect may best describe what the spiders are all about. Look at your life and compare the possibilities.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Hi Shanalyn,

Is that all you can remember about the dream? What was around you? Was it just darkness? In a room, outdoors? Thinking back on the dream, how did you feel about eating the spiders? Did you swollow them, or did they just stay in your mouth? Could you feel them crawling around in your mouth, or were they dead? Were they thin small spiders or big fat juicy ones? Were they on a plate, or did you just pick them up off the floor/wall and shove them in your mouth? Did you chew? What colour were the spiders?

There is only one greek myth that involves spiders and it doesn't end well. It's about a woman who thinks she is better than a goddess. A woman who shows disrespect towards the gods. For her arrogance a goddess turns the woman into a spider, so she can spin her web (maya/illusion) forever and a day.

Stephen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 Sydney Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present